Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Bristol Rovers post match views

Comments

• Options
    Valley11 said:

cfgs said:

The challenge on Grant Basey at their place a fair few seasons back was much worse than the one today, that one didn't lead to a red but broke Basey's leg.

And all but finished his top level career
    Hate to be pedantic but in theory it did finish his career... Never recovered with us thats for sure
  • Options
    Don't get to see many games but this was the best for some years. Team fully committed, passing the ball well and some lovely skills from Fosu. Kashi energetic, organising those around him and my man of the match. Also liked Dasilva who looked very comfortable.
    Fantastic to see the crowd rocking and behind the team to the end. It makes it a more enjoyable experience for us all and appreciated by the players/manager at the end
    On Watt, he has had enough chances in my opinion. Novak went in with studs showing, player did the usual theatrics. Probably a yellow card most times after 6 mins but to the letter of the law it was a red.
  • Options
    I thought Stuart McRae was also a challenger for MotM with his half time performance.
  • Options
    SX_Addick said:

I thought Stuart McRae was also a challenger for MotM with his half time performance.

Yeah well done to him it was quality
  • Options

Shrew said:

Stig said:

Wow, when did we last take a lead with just ten men and hold it for 52 minutes?

Bolton away. last season ?
    AND the game had the best CAFC goal I saw last season .. Byrne after F-Caskey's long run and pinpoint pass
    Probably best game too.
  • Options

Midfield partnership of Kashi and JFC were absolutely outstanding today.

Top class both of them. Kashi is far to good for this league makes the game look so simple

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think Kashi will be a top player in the Champ; if we go up; if he stays fit; if he signs an extension.
  • Options
    good win, not a big robbo fan up to now but I think he set up the team well today and made all the right calls including telling watt not to chase lost causes in the opposition half. Centre backs and centre mid looked solid and fosu looks like he may take the pressure off Holmes.
    Sending off harsh, goal generous
  • Options
    Terrific effort, great start hopefully many good Saturdays to follow.
  • Options
    Crikey just got home and people posting their views of the game within micro seconds of the result.... Any chance you can tell south west trains and South west buses how its done.
  • Options
    Red card 50-50
  • Options

Red card 50-50

Was harsh
  • Options
    Don't understand keeping Watt and loaning out Igor.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Most of what I want to say has already been well and truly said - great fighting performance from the team that makes me think this could be a decent season.

But I must just mention 2 things.

For the first I'm just going to nick Blucher's comments above about Tony Watt - "a diabolical cameo from Tony Watt. I couldn't work out whether he was sulking or just generally couldn't give a toss. Suffice it to say, however, that - to me at least - his apparent lack of effort was an affront to his teammates, all of who were busting a gut to get three points (not to mention his obligations to the paying customers)".

Sums Watt's performance up absolutely perfectly. I hope I never see him in a Charlton shirt again after that. Just eff off Watt out of this club.

Secondly, this is an incredibly small team. Take the goalkeeper and 2 centre halves out of it and there's scarcely a soul in it much over 5' 9''. I have a horrible feeling on a wet afternoon in Scunthorpe or some other grim Northern outpost, this team is going to get out-muscled easily. Hope I'm wrong but fear I may well not be.

Finally, I have been no great lover of KR. But maybe, just maybe there is more to this man than I have given him credit for so far.

Mentioned the height of the team at half-time myself... It could be one of our biggest issues this season aa we'll face plenty of teams with big players who'll face us at the Valley (and at their own Ground) and happily put 10 giants in and around the penalty area asking us the question of how do we get through without constantly lofting it into the area only for the opposition to head clear.

Those games will come this season!!

Its one of the main reasons we need to get out of this Division
  • Options

Most of what I want to say has already been well and truly said - great fighting performance from the team that makes me think this could be a decent season.

But I must just mention 2 things.

For the first I'm just going to nick Blucher's comments above about Tony Watt - "a diabolical cameo from Tony Watt. I couldn't work out whether he was sulking or just generally couldn't give a toss. Suffice it to say, however, that - to me at least - his apparent lack of effort was an affront to his teammates, all of who were busting a gut to get three points (not to mention his obligations to the paying customers)".

Sums Watt's performance up absolutely perfectly. I hope I never see him in a Charlton shirt again after that. Just eff off Watt out of this club.

Secondly, this is an incredibly small team. Take the goalkeeper and 2 centre halves out of it and there's scarcely a soul in it much over 5' 9''. I have a horrible feeling on a wet afternoon in Scunthorpe or some other grim Northern outpost, this team is going to get out-muscled easily. Hope I'm wrong but fear I may well not be.

Finally, I have been no great lover of KR. But maybe, just maybe there is more to this man than I have given him credit for so far.

Mentioned the height of the team at half-time myself... It could be one of our biggest issues this season aa we'll face plenty of teams with big players who'll face us at the Valley (and at their own Ground) and happily put 10 giants in and around the penalty area asking us the question of how do we get through without constantly lofting it into the area only for the opposition to head clear.

Those games will come this season!!

Its one of the main reasons we need to get out of this Division
    The BFG looked head & shoulders taller than the rest of our defenders at Rovers' corners today.

Maybe the others should change their brand of shampoo.

:smile:
  • Options
    From the camera angle from the East Stand it looked like the whole ball was just over the whole line.
  • Options
    edited August 2017

Red card 50-50

Goal 01-99
  • Options

I'm not sure about that, I think they can hold their own, some of them have a good bit of strength on them despite being small like Jay Da Silva & Ricky Holmes, Ahmed Kashi's a rock in that midfield too.

• Options
    Great performance by Pearce and Bauer at the back, they won so much in the air, and with our team (without Josh) being pretty short, that's crucial. I doubt Konsa would have coped so well with the aerial threat today
  • Options
    Watt is a danger to team spirit. He is a disrupter and we need to get rid soonest, even if we have to buy out his contract.