Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton vs Bristol Rovers post match views

Comments

• ross1 said:

Cup game on Tuesday, can play KAG, not important, it is next Saturday that counts

I'd play Watt. I believe he has it in him, at least as a makeshift, but looks really low on confidence to me. Needs some match time if possible.
    Sorry Exiled but this has been said too many times before.
  • Great performance by the 10 players, really giving it all out there. The sort of win that should really set the season up

Watt was shocking though, a complete waste of space out there, I've no idea why he seemed so laboured and off the pace when he's just had an intensive pre season
  • Been out digging and weeding mums garden all afternoon. I feel the win was a fair payment. Please for the lads and hope the fans there enjoyed the atmosphere, even with a half empty ground. Fair play to KR, he did all was possible with the situation.
  • Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:

Must be very frustrating for the rest of the players, to be giving everything, because they are one player down, then Watt comes on and plays like he is not interested

I agree. Personally I'd have kept Vetokele and shipped out watt
    Wasn't the way I saw it previously but beginning to think you are right.

• Wasn't the way I saw it previously but beginning to think you are right.

Especially playing with just one up front I don't think watt is capable of that role
  • edited August 2017

ross1 said:

Must be very frustrating for the rest of the players, to be giving everything, because they are one player down, then Watt comes on and plays like he is not interested

I agree. Personally I'd have kept Vetokele and shipped out watt
    Vetokele had more of an impact than watt for us today. :wink:
  • Have to admit with our goal one reason I thought was over the line was because none of the Rovers players bothered to protest.
    stonemuse said:
    I thought you only got fined for making large changes in the Trophy not the League Cup?
  • Not outgunned in midfield! There is hope.
  • An excellent performance despite the bad officials.
    Disappointed by Watt, but thrilled by Fozzy.
    Boys worked hard for the 3 points - the crowd knew it - and showed their appreciation.
  • Sponsored links:

• Admittedly Watt has never really been one for putting the effort in, but is it possible todays performance was because he knows he's on his way out?
  • There were nine (I refuse to count Watt) MEN on the field today. No boys. They can all look themselves in the mirror and say: "I put in a shift today..."
  • Very good performance, every player gave it everything they had... other than Watt when he came on.

We kept our shape really well and looked organised. Kashi and Fosu the standout players.

Whether the ball crossed the line or not we fully deserved that win. Not having Magennis and now Novak highlights the need for another striker though and we're also light in centre midfield and out wide.
  • Real gritty performance from all the players, thought DaSilva and Fosu in particular looked very good, but everyone else can have a pat on the back also.

Only downers were I thought Amos looked a little dodgy with his hands and Bolder esque with a couple of kick outs,Tony Watt, well don't know what to say really, fresh legs on and he looked like he'd just run his legs off for 70 minutes other than just come on. He shouldn't even be on the bench in my view.
  • Great team performance showed real resolve and great attitude.

Kashi is King.

Watt is a complete and utter embarrassment, get rid as far as I am concerned.
  • edited August 2017
    Watt wasn't all that, but Robinson had little alternative.
    You could say that Reeves might have come on, but it was good psychology to keep Reeves straining at the leash as it were.
    There was a very minor gesturing moment between KAG and Watt near the end which was entirely out of keeping with the game.
    Watt and KAG (and Crofts) are very tiny margin notes in the real story of today's game.
  • Was sitting at the end of the West Upper at the Jimmy Seed Stand end, and at first sight thought it was a generous decision from the linesman.
    Was obviously not in line with it, but from what I saw couldn't have argued if he hadn't have given it.

On the flip side, also had a decent view of the sending off and thought it was a bit harsh, so maybe the two decisions evened each other out a bit.

Thought it was a very professional display against pretty limited opposition.

And as for Watt - he could start by literally pulling his socks up, so that his shinpads stay in them.
  • Was sitting at the end of the West Upper at the Jimmy Seed Stand end, and at first sight thought it was a generous decision from the linesman.
    Was obviously not in line with it, but from what I saw couldn't have argued if he hadn't have given it.

On the flip side, also had a decent view of the sending off and thought it was a bit harsh, so maybe the two decisions evened each other out a bit.

Thought it was a very professional display against pretty limited opposition.

And as for Watt - he could start by literally pulling his socks up, so that his shinpads stay in them.

Yeah that was the one thing that pissed me off about Watt...