Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• It's beeney in a mask. He's trolling CL
  • Good news, but he has weird ears....just saying
  • Naby Sarr, Colchester away in the cup. One of the grimmest performances by player and team for many year.
  • Naby Sarr, Colchester away in the cup. One of the grimmest performances by player and team for many year.

Miguel Llera's performance in the 4-0 away defeat to Millwall was beyond grim....
  • I still find it hard to believe that we are seemingly not looking at signing a striker. Mac leads the line well enough but isn't a 20 goal a season man. Looks like we could create and score goals from elsewhere but to get promoted I think you need a reliable Goalscorer. Goals from midfield are the icing. Jury's still out on if it could be Ajose but can we gamble that he might come good ? Personally I think we won't score enough goals to really push the top two places.

I would say that just because we're not hearing a lot of rumors about it doesn't necessarily mean we're not looking, unless I'm missing something. We were linked with a couple earlier in the summer. And it's only July 1.

I think some of that may be down to the fact that we still have Ajose and Novak who are presumably on decent wages at this level, plus Umerah and Hanlan. I suspect at least one of Ajose or Novak need to go before we can bring someone in. Three strikers, plus two who are decent prospects, should be enough for a team intending to play one up front.
  • edited July 2017
    Getting back to rumours, everyone seems to be worried about Holmes on his last season contract, but that also applies to Josh Magennis, who is also in his last year, I hope he signs a new contract as he seems to be the only player we have to play the number 9 role KR likes and we have heard nothing about him signing a new contract
  • I feel we should get back to the matter at hand. Why did Holmes get a pret and not a Costa?

Costa is worth millions we can't even afford Reeves
  • Sponsored links:

• I feel we should get back to the matter at hand. Why did Holmes get a pret and not a Costa?

Costa is worth millions we can't even afford Reeves
    I had heard he was after the Starbucks

Pret means ready.

So it was a subliminal message that he is ready to do something

Poor photoshop effort. Holmes is not near the rest of the squad and on the motorway up to Sheffield.
  • Where's this picture ye all speak of.
  • edited July 2017

FAVADDICK said:

David Martin is with the team in Ireland !!

I bet it is Beeney again
    Or Aribo.
    The likeness is uncanny
    Tbf they had gloves on and it was dark.
  • Can't be the 1st, my watch definitely says it is 31st....

Fucking Swiss tat.

main reason for Brexit - dump the Euro watches & buy Chinese
    Actually my Rollex is Chinese!
  • Sarr has to be kept fit and you should never totally give up on a player until they are either sold or do something that makes their involvement with squad untenable (punch the manager or something). For the time being Sarr is a Charlton player and I don't know if KR will have ever seen him play so, unless he can be sold, I hope he is involved in the preseason games and give a chance to stake a claim for a place in the team.

I've seem him play in the flesh once and he looked absolute dog shit, but for him to have French international experience and been at Sporting there must have been something there at some time and he wouldn't be the first or last player to recover from a horrible period in his career to eventually be decent. I do doubt that will be with us but just freezing him out completely would be pointless.

Good shout..aslong as he is on the wage bill utilise him! I think KR is doing the right thing having a look at him and making his mind up.

You seen the man-bun? That man's got organic/hipster written all over him! Haha

I wonder if KM could offer him a pret coffee a week in his new contract offer?
  • From Kent Cickbait live

"Charlton Athletic are in the market for a goalkeeper and Anders Lindegaard is reported to be the man who fits the bill for boss Karl Robinson.

With a move for MK Dons' keeper David Martin still in the offing - with the stopper understood to have travelled to the club's Ireland training camp, there is a suggestion Robinson has also interested in Lindegaard, released by Preston"
  • Sponsored links:

• Wouldn't surprise me if Phillips left. I'd bet he's right royally fucked off and rightly so in my opinion.

Why? Kent Live has no quotes to prove anything could be completely made up and likely is exactly that.

I haven't seen or heard of any interest in any other keeper than Martin.
  • Well apparently we've been looking at 4 keepers so you never know dazzler
  • The point about Phillips is for such an important player he is virtually on the football equivalent of the minimum wage.
  • seth plum said:

The point about Phillips is for such an important player he is virtually on the football equivalent of the minimum wage.

I am not sure he is such an important player (not my personal view) but it seems like he will be Number 2 this year and I would say KR see's him as replaceable.
  • Phillips wants football this season. If not with us he will go on loan. Been with us for years and realises he now needs to get first team football

Not convinced KR rates him though. Declan Rudd told me KR was looking for at least 2 keepers as we were releasing Mitov
  • I assumed the article was saying we were looking at Lindegaard or Martin, not both, and I cannot see them both coming at all.

I think Phillips does deserve first team football but not sure we do want to rely on an inexperienced keeper for a promotion push. If we sign Martin, I wouldn't mind bringing in another cheap freebie to be number 2 for the year and let Phillips get a 40 game season elsewhere.