Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• tgarrat1 said:
    Also included:

Robinson is expected to hold further talks with the representative of Milton Keynes’ attacking midfielder Ben Reeves today.

The 25-year-old is out of contract at the end of this month.

Charlton’s interest has been there from the end of last season, with a meeting taking place at their Sparrows Lane training ground in early May.
  • Bifford's Bridge.

At last a rumour.
    Wayne's brother
    You're up early - didn't you have another "accident"?:wink:
    Early start today Dicky
    Dicky is always early.
  • Why don't we just buy Dasilva? I mean, cmon, at 1.69m, he is too small to ever play defender for Chelsea at the top of the PL.
  • Dasilva will be the League One signing of the season for me!!
  • Why don't we just buy Dasilva? I mean, cmon, at 1.69m, he is too small to ever play defender for Chelsea at the top of the PL.

He's seen as one of the bigger prospects in England. Jesus Christ.
  • Sarr looked great in the 3-1 win against Wednesday (until he made a mistake that led to their goal)

There's a player in there. He got bullied by Ishmael Miller that one time but if he asserts himself and concentrates I think he'd be formidable at any level below Premiership
  • edited June 2017
    Leuth said:

Sarr looked great in the 3-1 win against Wednesday (until he made a mistake that led to their goal)

There's a player in there. He got bullied by Ishmael Miller that one time but if he asserts himself and concentrates I think he'd be formidable at any level below Premiership

Is that your opinion based on the Wednesday match?
  • Leuth said:

Sarr looked great in the 3-1 win against Wednesday (until he made a mistake that led to their goal)

He is good in the air, other than that he is complete gash

• Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:

I thought he was bad in the air!
  • He was pretty good at passing tbh, his problem was more about knowing when to challenge these pesky aggressive lower-league forwards
  • Scored against the Nigels, that's good enough for me
  • We don't need another right back. If young Barnes is not good enough as a back up to Solly, then sell him.
  • i definitely think that Barnes is good enough.
  • luke1 said:

tgarrat1 said:
    i reckon he is confident Jay Da Silva is coming back after his England duties.
    That would be almost worth the price of admission on its own based on his performances at the end of the season
  • shirty5 said:

Why don't we just buy Dasilva? I mean, cmon, at 1.69m, he is too small to ever play defender for Chelsea at the top of the PL.

He's seen as one of the bigger prospects in England. Jesus Christ.
    Any good this Christ fella?
    I know the big clubs are hoarding all the talent, but I hadn't realised that Chelsea owned Christ as well. I guess they stole him from the Nazareth academy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:

His passing out to the left was very good. Nearly always found his man.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Looking at Holmes's Twitter it'd be quite bizarre to see him leave now after he's been interacting and bantering fans over the contract. I'm still confident he'll stay.

I have been talking too and bantering with a manager at my place today..............I am sacking him at 2.30!!
    If this is true, that is brutal and you deserve a backhanded full blooded swing in reply from the guy concerned... Especially if a single joke this morning was about sacking him.

:lol:

Fortunately the rumours of Holmes appear untrue at this stage.
    It was true I am afraid but he had to go. He cleared his desk and left quietly and I gave him a months garden leave to find another job rather than working his notice.

See, I do have a heart.
  • edited June 2017
    “I’ve known Cameron’s agent for a long time and he spoke to me about him coming in,” said Addicks manager Karl Robinson.

“He has not played for a number of months and is going to be majorly de-conditioned and massively behind those other players.

“It’s not a trial. We’re helping him out with some training. I’m sure if it comes to it and we wanted to do a deal with him that we could. But we’ll not make any decision on that until July 17.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/26510/former-leeds-ipswich-winger-included-charlton-squad-ireland-camp-transfer-flops-also-making-journey/
  • dickplumb said:

i definitely think that Barnes is good enough.

That's really encouraging. I remember that you weren't quite sure a year or so ago having watched him a lot. What has he improved on?
  • “I’ve known Cameron’s agent for a long time and he spoke to me about him coming in,” said Addicks manager Karl Robinson.

“He has not played for a number of months and is going to be majorly de-conditioned and massively behind those other players.

“It’s not a trial. We’re helping him out with some training. I’m sure if it comes to it and we wanted to do a deal with him that we could. But we’ll not make any decision on that until July 17.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/26510/former-leeds-ipswich-winger-included-charlton-squad-ireland-camp-transfer-flops-also-making-journey/

Fair point but wouldn't the same apply to Kashi
  • Leuth said:

That Huddersfield game was the one I was at. It was worrying tbh, because Sarr looks a unit and physically should have been able to at the very least stand his ground, but Ismael Miller completely dominated him in that match and Sarr just didn't look like he fancied the physicality of English football.

He could have done with a loan somewhere in England last year, rather than back in France.
  • “I’ve known Cameron’s agent for a long time and he spoke to me about him coming in,” said Addicks manager Karl Robinson.

Fair point but wouldn't the same apply to Kashi
    And then he did the bleep test - and did bloody well