Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• If Igor is fully recovered from his injuries I would rather keep him than Ajose.
    When fully fit he is by far the better of the two.

No competition. An international footballer. But I can't blame him if he never wants to pull on a Charlton shirt ever again.
  • “I’ve known Cameron’s agent for a long time and he spoke to me about him coming in,” said Addicks manager Karl Robinson.

“He has not played for a number of months and is going to be majorly de-conditioned and massively behind those other players.

“It’s not a trial. We’re helping him out with some training. I’m sure if it comes to it and we wanted to do a deal with him that we could. But we’ll not make any decision on that until July 17.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/26510/former-leeds-ipswich-winger-included-charlton-squad-ireland-camp-transfer-flops-also-making-journey/

Majorly de-conditioned, is that a posh way of saying unfit?
  • Macronate said:

So we've missed out on what was one of our main targets.

I give up with this football club, I really do. Why do we drag our heels?

Relegation here we come.

Completely ruined my weekend.

Was thinking about renewing, won't be now.

Holmes will definitely leave now.

RD out.

What's the point in anything anymore?

At the risk of a wooooosh... no that's Jake Reeves, a different player.
  • edited July 2017
    Whooosh! (On me before I read the article)
  • Swisdom said:

“I’ve known Cameron’s agent for a long time and he spoke to me about him coming in,” said Addicks manager Karl Robinson.

“He has not played for a number of months and is going to be majorly de-conditioned and massively behind those other players.

“It’s not a trial. We’re helping him out with some training. I’m sure if it comes to it and we wanted to do a deal with him that we could. But we’ll not make any decision on that until July 17.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/26510/former-leeds-ipswich-winger-included-charlton-squad-ireland-camp-transfer-flops-also-making-journey/

Fair point but wouldn't the same apply to Kashi
    And then he did the bleep test - and did bloody well
    How did Cameron do in the bleep test?
  • Sponsored links:

• If we keep Holmes and sign Jay DaSilva on loan I'll be a happy man.
  • 1July. Not allowed to sign players before today so expect five or six in today.

It's the weekend so expect them to be confirmed on Monday.
  • edited July 2017
    Scoham said:

1July. Not allowed to sign players before today so expect five or six in today.

It's the weekend so expect them to be confirmed on Monday.
    @Scoham I've inboxed you
  • Can't see us bringing in a striker until one or two more leave. Wouldn't be surprising to see any of Watt, Ajose or Novak go.
  • Launch the website on July 1st and rumoured to be close to a few decent signings, plus nothing official on the coaching set up. Call me a cynic but some big reveals today would be good for the website launch.

Oh and maybe even the kit.

But then again this is Charlton and we don't work like that.
  • Wimbledon seem to be losing a few players? I guess with their structure its hard to keep players who attract better offers.
  • edited July 2017

I still find it hard to believe that we are seemingly not looking at signing a striker. Mac leads the line well enough but isn't a 20 goal a season man. Looks like we could create and score goals from elsewhere but to get promoted I think you need a reliable Goalscorer. Goals from midfield are the icing. Jury's still out on if it could be Ajose but can we gamble that he might come good ? Personally I think we won't score enough goals to really push the top two places.

The thing is there are very few top goalscorers with L1 experience.

Out of the top 6ish from last season, Sharp went up with Sheff U, Gregory & Morison went up with Millwall, Matty Taylor transferred from Bristol R to Bristol C, Zak Clough tfrd from Bolton to was it Forest ?

Who's left ? Injury prone Vaughan at Bury, Henderson who only scored about 16 at Rochdale & he's about 32. Ball who scored about 14 has gone to Rotherham.

So there's one or two possibilities or go for Prem Academy players, Championship reserves, take a punt on L2 but who ? Or go foreign.
  • Good player and a local lad, Charlton fan too, in fact I'd be almost as happy signing him
  • Sponsored links:

• Can't be the 1st, my watch definitely says it is 31st....

Fucking Swiss tat.

main reason for Brexit - dump the Euro watches & buy Chinese
  • I still find it hard to believe that we are seemingly not looking at signing a striker. Mac leads the line well enough but isn't a 20 goal a season man. Looks like we could create and score goals from elsewhere but to get promoted I think you need a reliable Goalscorer. Goals from midfield are the icing. Jury's still out on if it could be Ajose but can we gamble that he might come good ? Personally I think we won't score enough goals to really push the top two places.

I'm with you on this one in spades.
  • FAVADDICK said:

David Martin is with the team in Ireland !!

Source?
  • Scoham said:

Can't see us bringing in a striker until one or two more leave. Wouldn't be surprising to see any of Watt, Ajose or Novak go.

The problem is finding other clubs who will take them and are willing to pay even 50% of the salaries they earn at Charlton. We're pretty much stuck with them.
  • FAVADDICK said:

It's Simon Church, he's dyed his hair ginger
  • FAVADDICK said:

I bet it is Beeney again
    Or Aribo.