Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Lloyd Isgrove signs for Barnsley, think we were linked with him at some point
  • I thought Phillips looked good when I saw him play and didn't deserve to be dropped. He looked well up to L1 standard.

He won't get any experience if we don't play him and I'd have stuck with him over Rudd. He looked far more confident than Pope to me and did well out on loan at Cheltenham. Unless we are going to get in an exceptional keeper I'd like to have seen him as No 1.

KR doesn't seem to rate him so I'm sure Dillon will want to leave to get first team football.
  • Phillips showed himself to be a relatively good shot stopper but I don't recall him dealing with crosses. If we can find a keeper who can do both he should be signed.
  • As others have noted it was poor management to drop Dillon as soon as Rudd was fit. Get in two keepers? We also have Beeney and the Oz as backup. Prefer to spend money on Dasilva, the Arsenal kid or lower league punt like Bogle. If Gobbo had any balls he would have demanded the return of Vetokele.
  • As others have noted it was poor management to drop Dillon as soon as Rudd was fit. Get in two keepers? We also have Beeney and the Oz as backup. Prefer to spend money on Dasilva, the Arsenal kid or lower league punt like Bogle. If Gobbo had any balls he would have demanded the return of Vetokele.

Even if Vetokele doesn't want to be here playing League One football?

Bogle of Wigan?

Drivel

Oh dear
  • sam3110 said:

As others have noted it was poor management to drop Dillon as soon as Rudd was fit. Get in two keepers? We also have Beeney and the Oz as backup. Prefer to spend money on Dasilva, the Arsenal kid or lower league punt like Bogle. If Gobbo had any balls he would have demanded the return of Vetokele.

Drivel
    Who does he play for? Can't find his scoring record.
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:

As others have noted it was poor management to drop Dillon as soon as Rudd was fit. Get in two keepers? We also have Beeney and the Oz as backup. Prefer to spend money on Dasilva, the Arsenal kid or lower league punt like Bogle. If Gobbo had any balls he would have demanded the return of Vetokele.

Drivel
    Deflecting from the fact your post was a load of bollocks, I see.
  • sam3110 said:

sam3110 said:

Drivel
    Deflecting from the fact your post was a load of bollocks, I see.
    All of it or anything in particular?
  • Bogle, a "lower league punt" who played in the league above us last season.

Robinson and Vetokele, I'd love to know the exact handling of the situation seeing as you were privy to it.

Dropping Phillips for Rudd, forgive me I must have missed the 10 clean sheets in a row he had, or again I presume you witnessed the training sessions between matches.

And how do you know we are in the running for Mavididi and DaSilva? Maybe we have put in bids, or a loan, or maybe they aren't interested or their clubs want them playing in a higher league?

And as for not signing keepers because we have a 19 year old and 18 year old on the books...
  • edited July 2017
    sam3110 said:

Bogle, a "lower league punt" who played in the league above us last season.

Robinson and Vetokele, I'd love to know the exact handling of the situation seeing as you were privy to it. Bogle bought from L2 after non-league career. No idea about Igor but he has scored more goals in the division above than any of our strikers in this despite being injured half the season and is still contracted for several years

Dropping Phillips for Rudd, forgive me I must have missed the 10 clean sheets in a row he had, or again I presume you witnessed the training sessions between matches. A loan keeper brought back to replace a contracted player who had made few errors. Who did he keep 10 clean sheets for, certainly wasn't us. So irrelevant.

And how do you know we are in the running for Mavididi and DaSilva? Maybe we have put in bids, or a loan, or maybe they aren't interested or their clubs want them playing in a higher league? Gobbo has gone on record that he wants both back. I have had no input on how enquiries went.

And as for not signing keepers because we have a 19 year old and 18 year old on the books...

Did you see Beeney's penalty save for U18s? Cheltenham wanted to buy him. Maitland -Smith at 18 already has an U23 cap for Aussies. Why has Martin become a free agent?

• sam3110 said:

Robinson and Vetokele, I'd love to know the exact handling of the situation seeing as you were privy to it. Bogle bought from L2 after non-league career. No idea about Igor but he has scored more goals in the division above than any of our strikers in this despite being injured half the season and is still contracted for several years

Dropping Phillips for Rudd, forgive me I must have missed the 10 clean sheets in a row he had, or again I presume you witnessed the training sessions between matches. A loan keeper brought back to replace a contracted player who had made few errors. Who did he keep 10 clean sheets for, certainly wasn't us. So irrelevant.

And how do you know we are in the running for Mavididi and DaSilva? Maybe we have put in bids, or a loan, or maybe they aren't interested or their clubs want them playing in a higher league? Gobbo has gone on record that he wants both back. I have had no input on how enquiries went.

Did you see Beeney's penalty save for U18s? Cheltenham wanted to buy him. Maitland -Smith at 18 already has an U23 cap for Aussies. Why has Martin become a free agent?

That is too many factual errors to be a coincidence.
  • sam3110 said:

That is too many factual errors to be a coincidence.
    Am I living in a strange parallel world? Detail please.
  • Sorry Maynard-Brewer. Senior moment. So many double barrelled names around at present.
  • I'm enjoying this debate it's quite funny, No insults and not flags.
    Keep it up chaps

And no mention of cricket.

:neutral:
  • Sponsored links:

Keep it up chaps

And no mention of cricket.

:neutral:
    Haha :smiley:
  • Any rumours kicking around?
    Keep it up chaps

Bollocks!
  • I thought Phillips looked good when I saw him play and didn't deserve to be dropped. He looked well up to L1 standard.

He won't get any experience if we don't play him and I'd have stuck with him over Rudd. He looked far more confident than Pope to me and did well out on loan at Cheltenham. Unless we are going to get in an exceptional keeper I'd like to have seen him as No 1.

KR doesn't seem to rate him so I'm sure Dillon will want to leave to get first team football.

Where can Dillon go where he can be guaranteed first team football ? The best offer he could expect is number one or two. We could/should be able to offer him that.

• edited July 2017
    cabbles said:

We do need another goalie - but that goalie should be back up to Phillips imo. He's good enough, and I think he should be given a run in the team

Didn't Phillips play in the National League last year? Not sure that is a good test of his skills. I say loan him to an L2 club for a season, get an older keeper like Martin, give Martin the job this year, then tell Phillips he can win the job in 2018-19. Phillips really has no option, he just signed an extension with us. And at age 22, is a pup. He has no leverage. We should do what is best for the club now and tell Phillips to stop whining and stfu.
  • Phillips has to play. Was clearly good enough and get bored of people saying x, y and Z has not got enough experience so we need to buy someone. Clearly that someone was also given a chance at some stage of their career too.

Same mentality as at Chelski where the last home grown player was Terry!