Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• cabbles said:

I don't think he's whined

My rationale is that in the few games I saw of him, he looked commanding and solid. We've managed to bring through some decent talent recently, he looked calm and composed

He had a solid season with Cheltenham the one before last

Obviously KR knows better and if he's got Martin on trial perhaps he's not ready

I would like to see him being given a run

Agree with this apart from this 'Obviously KR knows better' :smile:
  • Don't worry with KR in Ireland we have the SMT to arrange the transfers

Oh!
  • Red7Oak said:

cabbles said:

I don't think he's whined

My rationale is that in the few games I saw of him, he looked commanding and solid. We've managed to bring through some decent talent recently, he looked calm and composed

He had a solid season with Cheltenham the one before last

Obviously KR knows better and if he's got Martin on trial perhaps he's not ready

I would like to see him being given a run

Agree with this apart from this 'Obviously KR knows better' :smile:
    I have absolutely no faith in KR based on what I've seen - I think he just likes signing his ex players.
  • Phillips may be good enough but you have to be Phillips just incase he isn't Phillips and we need Phillips to back up our Phillips even though he could be our very own Phillips. We can't go into the season with just one Phillips, so Phillips Phillips Phillips Phillips Phillips Phillips Phillips Phillips Phillips Phillips.
  • Signing please
  • Sponsored links:

• http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-utd-transfer-news-fixtures-13271592

Reads like a wind-up but it's a rumour

"Belgian teenager Largie Ramazani has joined Manchester United on a scholarship contract from League One side Charlton Athletic.

Ramazani, 16, was born in Burundi but supposedly began his youth career in Anderlecht's academy before he moved to Charlton to continue his development."

Looks like it's the truth, it's come from a Belgian journalist.
    All seems to come from this one tweet. Not hard to take a pic of a kid with a Man utd shirt but no one else.

As I understand it, if he's under 17, as stated, he can't sign a professional contract. That leaves a professional development contract. These are usually two years max. So where does a four-year contract come from? :wink:
  • cafcfan said:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-utd-transfer-news-fixtures-13271592

Reads like a wind-up but it's a rumour

"Belgian teenager Largie Ramazani has joined Manchester United on a scholarship contract from League One side Charlton Athletic.

Ramazani, 16, was born in Burundi but supposedly began his youth career in Anderlecht's academy before he moved to Charlton to continue his development."

Looks like it's the truth, it's come from a Belgian journalist.
    All seems to come from this one tweet. Not hard to take a pic of a kid with a Man utd shirt but no one else.

As I understand it, if he's under 17, as stated, he can't sign a professional contract. That leaves a professional development contract. These are usually two years max. So where does a four-year contract come from? :wink:
    Already agreed a pro contract to sign once he's turned 17?
  • Another one we've missed out on. Still, as long as we hold on to Hackett- Fairchild

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/15386141.Ansah_on_trial_with_Blues/
  • Another one we've missed out on. Still, as long as we hold on to Hackett- Fairchild

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/15386141.Ansah_on_trial_with_Blues/

Good luck to the lad!! - Hope it works out for him somewhere
  • edited July 2017
    Oggy Red said:

Today, July 3rd.

All the out of contract players are now free agents.
    Must be some proper rumours and stories?

Any news, RedHenry?

;o)

Nothing to report I'm afraid. I think it will be a slow week because of the Ireland trip.
  • Redhenry said:

Oggy Red said:

Today, July 3rd.

All the out of contract players are now free agents.
    Must be some proper rumours and stories?

Any news, RedHenry?

;o)

Nothing to report I'm afraid. I think it will be a slow week because of the Ireland trip.
    Any news in reeves?
  • I can't see Reeves coming to us. No insider knowledge, just a feeling.
  • dickplumb said:

I can't see Reeves coming to us. No insider knowledge, just a feeling.

I don't think its decided yet, between us and Sheff U.
  • I think we may get him. He won't be a guaranteed starter for Sheff U.
  • Sponsored links:

• IMO if we do it will mean we will lose Holmes
  • Macronate said:

Sheff U involved again.

What is Wilder's problem?

He likes decent players. How is that a problem?
  • I doubt Holmes and Reeves will both be at Charlton or Sheffield United .
    Probably one each
  • Sheff U bitter about us rejecting their bids for Holmes so they're trying to steal Reeves from under our nose... or I just made that up.
  • I doubt Holmes and Reeves will both be at Charlton or Sheffield United .
    Probably one each

But they play in different positions, so I don't get why people think this
  • Sheff U bitter about us rejecting their bids for Holmes so they're trying to steal Reeves from under our nose... or I just made that up.

It's possible. In a weeks time it'll be, "sell us Holmes and we'll pull out of a deal for Reeves"
  • Holmes will stay Reeves will sign promotion year for Charlton

They have come good, they can do what they like :smile: