Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• What's Gavin Peacock doing on the training ground? He did that video clip with his father a few days ago, is there something more permanent in mind, or is her just taking a few days holiday from his Canadian church?
  • PopIcon said:

Any idea who the trialist is?

Ricky Holmes. Apparently it's a toss up between who he signs for. Us or Sheffield United.

• Leuth said:

Looking at our squad, I don't think we really need many more signings if we don't lose anyone. A keeper and maybe Ben Reeves? It looks extremely strong for League One

KR said he wanted a goalkeeper, number 10, left back and right back. That would give us 2 for every position plus a few extras and that's before you count u23s that could break through.

Said before as much as we need more depth we also need to be fitter and deal/prevent injuries better than we have done.
  • Leuth said:

Looking at our squad, I don't think we really need many more signings if we don't lose anyone. A keeper and maybe Ben Reeves? It looks extremely strong for League One

We only have one left back Page.
    Chicken and Da Silva have departed.
    Definitely need another left back.
  • Oh yeah, forgot the left-back
  • Beardface said:

Charlton on Facebook are live showin the return to preseason bleep test. If you've got nothing better to do. Warm up clip below - who's the guy after Watt?

Is the trialist behind Kashi ?

It's a big bloke, possibly a goalie, David Martin ?

I've looked at his pics and I'm unsure.
  • Leuth said:

Oh yeah, forgot the left-back

Other than that I totally agree with you
  • Sponsored links:

• KentLive say the trialist is Cameron Stewart...

Who's this doing the bleep test? Seen at about 4:25 if you wanna look for yourself.

• Beardface said:

Charlton on Facebook are live showin the return to preseason bleep test. If you've got nothing better to do. Warm up clip below - who's the guy after Watt?

Is the trialist behind Kashi ?

It's a big bloke, possibly a goalie, David Martin ?

I've looked at his pics and I'm unsure.
    David Martin is Ginger, this fella clearly has black hair.
  • KentLive say the trialist is Cameron Stewart...

So we can be 100% sure that picture is not Cameron Stewart. Partly because it's Kent Live saying it and partly because Cameron Stewart is around half the size of that man....and is mixed race
  • That definitely looks like atewart with longer hair. Didnt we have him a few years back?
  • When are they releasing the video to KR's pint test. How many pints Karl can smash back at different intervals
  • That definitely looks like atewart with longer hair. Didnt we have him a few years back?

Yes - Was the season Yeovil were in the Championship as he scored for us against them
  • I think it is Cameron Stewart... watch the clip below

The guy with his back to the camera is small, has the black hair and skin tone to be Cameron Stewart.

BUT he also has a sleeve tattoo... which when you google Cameron Stewart............

• edited June 2017

Really? I don't see it, but could be wrong.
  • Begs the question, who is the massive guy everyone thought was the trialist?

The guy with his back to the camera is small, has the black hair and skin tone to be Cameron Stewart.

BUT he also has a sleeve tattoo... which when you google Cameron Stewart............

is that not Fuso, the guy from reading?
  • Sponsored links:

• I definitely get the feeling we have a few on trial...

Might be Fosu but the tattoo is the clincher for me.
  • Shame they didn't boot Robinson harder.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Sage said:

Have heard through a couple of things that Reeves could well be signed by this week Wednesday. Don't shoot me down if it doesn't happen, just passing on info.

Does his signing mean Holmes is off?
    Why would it? Reeves is a number 10 and Holmes is a winger.
    My sense is that our Dear Owner does not care about offensive formations and thus simply will look at the situation and say... "I can claim we upgraded the offense." He did that exact thing last year when he unloaded two of our best players and replaced them with Ajose. I fear it will be the same kind of logic. "I brought in someone and thus can sell someone else for a profit."

Maybe I am wrong. But it seems to me RD makes transfer moves with two things in mind... 1. Make a profit. 2. Be able to claim I brought in talent.

Signing Reeves allows him to sell Holmes and do both.
    Reeves*1 is a free agent in 5 days time so won't cost RD anything but wages, which he may now have after shipping Igor off to Belgium.

*2 Robinson had said he wants 2 players in every position, Reeves and Clarke would be the 2 10's, Holmes, Marshall, Fosu, and i would assume Cellabos are the 4 wingers.

If we get an offer in the 1mil region for a 30 year old we paid about 200k for a year ago then Holmes will be gone, and i don't blame the club selling him for that money really.

*3 I think even RD can see everything he has done till now has been a massive failure so maybe he is going to let Robinson do it his way this summer and see where we are come January.
    *1 The wages are off the Charlton book but still paid by RD right?

I just looked at Igor's page on Wiki, I forgot he got Player of the Month for September 2014... There's such a good player in there, he'd tear up league 1 so I am disappointed he has gone again.STVV was also the first team he played against in CAFC colours during a pre-season friendly.

*2 Magennis?

*3 You're in la la land if you think Duchatelet would bother to try and make a success of us now.

We know he wants to sell. We know he wants too much money for a league one club.

If he wants to increase the amount he receives when he sells he has to get Charlton back into the championship. We know the clubs value and saleability will go up in the championship.

He's a prize plum we know that too. ( apologies to our two plums, Seth and Dick). He knows this year could well be shit or bust.

Be inclined to think that even if we don't go up, he will cut his losses and just go...no point in staying with a sinking ship! ( or losing money for no good reason! )
  • Who was after Ceballos?
  • edited June 2017

I think it is Cameron Stewart... watch the clip below

No. Fosu is black.

This guy could be Cameron Stewart, but then again from the back of his head it could be one of millions.

Personally, I can't see a sleeve tattoo in that video. Although if Callum says there is then I believe him.
  • I think that is Stewart.

I also think the one with taped fingers is a lot older looking than some of the guesses, Maybe a keeper in his mid 30's
  • Stewart would be a good signing. If he signs though I'd expect Holmes to be off. That would be three wingers in.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Who was after Ceballos?

• I reckon it is Stewart