Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:

Sage said:

Have heard through a couple of things that Reeves could well be signed by this week Wednesday. Don't shoot me down if it doesn't happen, just passing on info.

Does his signing mean Holmes is off?
    Why would it? Reeves is a number 10 and Holmes is a winger.
    My sense is that our Dear Owner does not care about offensive formations and thus simply will look at the situation and say... "I can claim we upgraded the offense." He did that exact thing last year when he unloaded two of our best players and replaced them with Ajose. I fear it will be the same kind of logic. "I brought in someone and thus can sell someone else for a profit."

Maybe I am wrong. But it seems to me RD makes transfer moves with two things in mind... 1. Make a profit. 2. Be able to claim I brought in talent.

Signing Reeves allows him to sell Holmes and do both.
    Reeves*1 is a free agent in 5 days time so won't cost RD anything but wages, which he may now have after shipping Igor off to Belgium.

*2 Robinson had said he wants 2 players in every position, Reeves and Clarke would be the 2 10's, Holmes, Marshall, Fosu, and i would assume Cellabos are the 4 wingers.

If we get an offer in the 1mil region for a 30 year old we paid about 200k for a year ago then Holmes will be gone, and i don't blame the club selling him for that money really.

*3 I think even RD can see everything he has done till now has been a massive failure so maybe he is going to let Robinson do it his way this summer and see where we are come January.
    *1 The wages are off the Charlton book but still paid by RD right?

I just looked at Igor's page on Wiki, I forgot he got Player of the Month for September 2014... There's such a good player in there, he'd tear up league 1 so I am disappointed he has gone again.STVV was also the first team he played against in CAFC colours during a pre-season friendly.

*2 Magennis?

*3 You're in la la land if you think Duchatelet would bother to try and make a success of us now.
    1, if the wages are off Charlton's books then that's all that matters surely?

I too would rather he was still our player as i believe he is better than any of our current strikers.

2, Magennis is a number 9, my point was about wingers and number 10's so Josh is not really relevent.

3, he is clearly actively looking to sell and get the best return he can, that can only be achieved out of league 1, even RD can see the laptop recruitment has been a disaster, the only option he really has left us to let the manager do things his way and see where that gets us.
  • so what's the rumour about KAG? There isn't one? Quelle surprise !!
  • edited June 2017
    Dazzler21 said:

Sage said:

Have heard through a couple of things that Reeves could well be signed by this week Wednesday. Don't shoot me down if it doesn't happen, just passing on info.

Does his signing mean Holmes is off?
    Why would it? Reeves is a number 10 and Holmes is a winger.
    My sense is that our Dear Owner does not care about offensive formations and thus simply will look at the situation and say... "I can claim we upgraded the offense." He did that exact thing last year when he unloaded two of our best players and replaced them with Ajose. I fear it will be the same kind of logic. "I brought in someone and thus can sell someone else for a profit."

Maybe I am wrong. But it seems to me RD makes transfer moves with two things in mind... 1. Make a profit. 2. Be able to claim I brought in talent.

Signing Reeves allows him to sell Holmes and do both.
    Reeves*1 is a free agent in 5 days time so won't cost RD anything but wages, which he may now have after shipping Igor off to Belgium.

*2 Robinson had said he wants 2 players in every position, Reeves and Clarke would be the 2 10's, Holmes, Marshall, Fosu, and i would assume Cellabos are the 4 wingers.

If we get an offer in the 1mil region for a 30 year old we paid about 200k for a year ago then Holmes will be gone, and i don't blame the club selling him for that money really.

*3 I think even RD can see everything he has done till now has been a massive failure so maybe he is going to let Robinson do it his way this summer and see where we are come January.
    *1 The wages are off the Charlton book but still paid by RD right?

I just looked at Igor's page on Wiki, I forgot he got Player of the Month for September 2014... There's such a good player in there, he'd tear up league 1 so I am disappointed he has gone again.STVV was also the first team he played against in CAFC colours during a pre-season friendly.

*2 Magennis?

*3 You're in la la land if you think Duchatelet would bother to try and make a success of us now.

We know he wants to sell. We know he wants too much money for a league one club.

If he wants to increase the amount he receives when he sells he has to get Charlton back into the championship. We know the clubs value and saleability will go up in the championship.

He's a prize plum we know that too. ( apologies to our two plums, Seth and Dick). He knows this year could well be shit or bust.

• edited June 2017
    Charlton on Facebook are live showin the return to preseason bleep test. If you've got nothing better to do. Warm up clip below - who's the guy after Watt?

• edited June 2017
    What's a bleep test - a measure of how hard they are working by measuring how many swear words they come out with in a 10 second period ? TW to win by a mile as he's a Jock.
  • Beardface said:

Charlton on Facebook are live showin the return to preseason bleep test. If you've got nothing better to do. Warm up clip below - who's the guy after Watt?

That's Jorge Teixeira with a silly haircut
  • Facebook live video said there is a trialist but they can't say who.
  • What's a bleep test - a measure of how hard they are working by measuring how many swear words they come out with in a 10 second period ? TW to win by a mile as he's a Jock.

Now RJ has left, he has no competition
  • Bleep test has broken CAFC facebook
  • Sponsored links:

• Is that Naby Sarr?? I'd forgotten about him.
  • edited June 2017
    Beardface said:

In order was that Ceballos | Sarr | Kashi? (Didnt overly recognise the first lad in the three)

Someone says on Twitter that its Teixeira behind Watt?
  • Any idea who the trialist is?
  • Leuth said:

Holmes to Millwall would almost be worth it for the reaction on here.

I said almost ok

Almost as funny as Billings from k

Really does sound like Kashi is ready to go!!
    Yes but where ?
  • PopIcon said:

Any idea who the trialist is?

Julian Gray
  • PopIcon said:

Roger Johnson
  • Sponsored links:

• PopIcon said:

Joey Barton
  • I realise that it would not be Barton (banned for months)......especially after he slagged off Roland in his autobiography
  • JordaJLD said:

Beardface said:

That's Jorge Teixeira with a silly haircut
    Has he got his phone in his hand showing his teammates where he will be playing this year?
  • sam3110 said:

French chap on trial, Dan Elarue

Is that not a camp singer who dresses up in women's clothes?
  • Promising that Kashi did so well on the bleep test...either that or the rest or unfit!
  • Watt was apparently the first one to drop out. Kinda underlines my point.
  • edited June 2017
    Gavin Peacock said during the bleep test that Watt was looking much leaner too.

From what I could see (this doesn't include the guys on the far side as I couldn't see them)

Watt first

Holmes was next out with Mark Marshall.
    Holmes and Marshall went straight over to join Watt

Pearce fell next with Solly

Then Jacko

Bauer and Ceballos followed.

Dijksteel was the next to go followed by KAG

Kashi, Ajose and Fosu were I think the next three and Aaron Barnes kept motoring through... as winner
  • Dazzler21 said:

From what I could see (this doesn't include the guys on the far side as I couldn't see them)

Watt first

Then Jacko

Kashi, Ajose and Fosu were I think the next three and Aaron Barnes kept motoring through... as winner

Watt's performance doesnt really say a lot then if Holmes was one of the next to go seeing he can run all day during a match
  • Dazzler21 said:

Watt first

Then Jacko

Watt's performance doesnt really say a lot then if Holmes was one of the next to go seeing he can run all day during a match
    exactly, early days, it's just because they spoke about Watt looking so good that its being mentioned.