Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Fortunately Djiksteel is better than Konsa. We just need to tie him to a long deal.

Done http://mobile.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-anfernee-dijksteel-contract-extension-3545951.aspx

Signed up until 2020.

Can you really be sure he's better until he's played for the first team? It's not just about ability it's consistency, how they cope with the extra pressure etc.
    Djiksteel is the next Patrick Vierra. Trust me.
    So you're saying he'll become one of the best ever Premier League central midfielders?
    You should know by now that harveys_gardener thinks most of our Academy players are better than they are.
    No. I think that Edwards is better than Page, Djiksteel is better than Crofts by a country mile and will be a Prem star, KAG is better than Ajose based on off the ball runs. Barnes is good back-up for either full back. Laplsie is better than Crofts or Jackson.

_nam11 said:

_nam11 said:

Re: Konsa

Imo, can only make comparisons to a similar player in Joe Gomez.

Gomez was physically stronger, technically better, more tactically aware, and mentally grounded. Not saying Ez won't get there, but at this moment in time, we'd do amazing if we got half of what we got for Joe. Ez needs a season playing, and firstly establish himself as a starter here.

Joe was given away at a joke fee by people who had no appreciation of his talent.
    Wasn't there a clause in his contract? That may be false information, but it all depends on what you are comparing the fee too.

Gomez played 21 times, Konsa 32. If we got anywhere near 5mill, I'd be amazed. But ultimately I think it's in his interest to stay. Although Gomez started well at Liverpool before his injury, it could go the other way like Diego.

We sold him early in the window. Big European clubs had him on their radar. Simple to create a bidding war but we sold him virtually in secret.
    Isn't that irrelevant if he had a clause in his contract? If the release fee is £3.5m it wouldn't have made a difference if one club wanted him or ten.
    Firstly I think the fee was 2.5 not 3.5. Secondly, regardless of a release fee if you get several clubs bidding the fee will go up but we sold him virtually in secret.
    Where did you see 2.5? If you look it up you'll find every site or article has said 3.5.

On the second point others have explained why you wouldn't get a bidding war if a player has a release clause.
  • edited June 2017
    I think he is worth one year. Free, local, wages not going to be too high, he has the hunger, no ego as willing to drop to L2. Worth some friendly time
  • Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Fortunately Djiksteel is better than Konsa. We just need to tie him to a long deal.

Done http://mobile.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-anfernee-dijksteel-contract-extension-3545951.aspx

Signed up until 2020.

Can you really be sure he's better until he's played for the first team? It's not just about ability it's consistency, how they cope with the extra pressure etc.
    So you're saying he'll become one of the best ever Premier League central midfielders?
    You should know by now that harveys_gardener thinks most of our Academy players are better than they are.
    No. I think that Edwards is better than Page, Djiksteel is better than Crofts by a country mile and will be a Prem star, KAG is better than Ajose based on off the ball runs. Barnes is good back-up for either full back. Laplsie is better than Crofts or Jackson.

_nam11 said:

_nam11 said:

Gomez was physically stronger, technically better, more tactically aware, and mentally grounded. Not saying Ez won't get there, but at this moment in time, we'd do amazing if we got half of what we got for Joe. Ez needs a season playing, and firstly establish himself as a starter here.

Joe was given away at a joke fee by people who had no appreciation of his talent.
    Wasn't there a clause in his contract? That may be false information, but it all depends on what you are comparing the fee too.

Gomez played 21 times, Konsa 32. If we got anywhere near 5mill, I'd be amazed. But ultimately I think it's in his interest to stay. Although Gomez started well at Liverpool before his injury, it could go the other way like Diego.

We sold him early in the window. Big European clubs had him on their radar. Simple to create a bidding war but we sold him virtually in secret.
    Isn't that irrelevant if he had a clause in his contract? If the release fee is £3.5m it wouldn't have made a difference if one club wanted him or ten.
    Firstly I think the fee was 2.5 not 3.5. Secondly, regardless of a release fee if you get several clubs bidding the fee will go up but we sold him virtually in secret.
    Where did you see 2.5? If you look it up you'll find every site or article has said 3.5.

On the second point others have explained why you wouldn't get a bidding war if a player has a release clause.
    There was also a rumour that a Championship side (Norwich?) had bid more than Liverpool, so it seems that Gomez's £3.5m release clause was for Premier League teams only.
  • Ben18 said:

Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Signed up until 2020.

_nam11 said:

_nam11 said:

There was also a rumour that a Championship side (Norwich?) had bid more than Liverpool, so it seems that Gomez's £3.5m release clause was for Premier League teams only.
    Or he didn't want to join Norwich.
  • Sage said:

Have heard through a couple of things that Reeves could well be signed by Wednesday. Don't shoot me down if it doesn't happen, just passing on info.

Oi, what do you think this is.......a rumours thread ?? Don't you know this thread is solely to discuss Charlton's youth policy.
  • iaitch said:

Oh well good luck to him at Sheffield then.

I genuinely read it as a reference to the Owls :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• iaitch said:

Oh well good luck to him at Sheffield then.

Have edited now but made me laugh, very good.
  • Not strictly transfer news, but squad related.. http://www.kentlive.news/revealed-the-charlton-athletic-player-who-lost-more-weight-than-any-of-his-team-mates-over-summer/story-30409563-detail/story.html

If true.. a fit and engaged TW is a hell of an asset in League 1, if not the Championship.
  • Igor gone then..
  • igor being joined by botaka in belgium
  • tgarrat1 said:

Not strictly transfer news, but squad related.. http://www.kentlive.news/revealed-the-charlton-athletic-player-who-lost-more-weight-than-any-of-his-team-mates-over-summer/story-30409563-detail/story.html

If true.. a fit and engaged TW is a hell of an asset in League 1, if not the Championship.

Saw a picture on his twitter and he looks shredded
  • tgarrat1 said:

Igor gone then..

Sounds like a loan if just one year.
  • tgarrat1 said:

Redrobo said:

tgarrat1 said:

Not strictly transfer news, but squad related.. http://www.kentlive.news/revealed-the-charlton-athletic-player-who-lost-more-weight-than-any-of-his-team-mates-over-summer/story-30409563-detail/story.html

On what evidence?

Strikers in my pecking order are Mag, Clarke, Ajose, Novak, KAG, Watt.

He will need a tremendous pre season to even get on the bench if we sell someone.
    On the basis that two and half seasons ago (when he was engaged and fit) he was arguably the most talented player in our squad.... (got himself two loan deals away to other championship sides because he didnt want to be here.. note the 'fit and engaged' part. If you watched any of the tail end of the 14/15 season you could argue he was our best player and a massive factor in our survival that season.

On what basis do you rate Novak? KAG? Novak looked bigger than Jon Parkin last season, so if he hasn't lost the most weight out of the squad then hes struggling.
    Please I would love to know why you rate KAG above Tony Watt
    Novak really didn't.

Anyone who saw him close up could see it wasn't fat.
  • Sponsored links:

• tgarrat1 said:

Redrobo said:

tgarrat1 said:

On what evidence?

Strikers in my pecking order are Mag, Clarke, Ajose, Novak, KAG, Watt.

He will need a tremendous pre season to even get on the bench if we sell someone.
    On the basis that two and half seasons ago (when he was engaged and fit) he was arguably the most talented player in our squad.... (got himself two loan deals away to other championship sides because he didnt want to be here.. note the 'fit and engaged' part. If you watched any of the tail end of the 14/15 season you could argue he was our best player and a massive factor in our survival that season.

On what basis do you rate Novak? KAG? Novak looked bigger than Jon Parkin last season, so if he hasn't lost the most weight out of the squad then hes struggling.
    Please I would love to know why you rate KAG above Tony Watt
    Novak really didn't.

Anyone who saw him close up could see it wasn't fat.
    Oh because he looked really muscular and mobile last year. Can't wait to see him in action this season
  • Novak could have done with losing a few pounds, but I think the weight has been exaggerated, a lot of it was muscle and how he was the year before when he scored goals. His major issue was not finding the right positions and missing chances.

He wasn't good enough because he wasn't good enough, not because he was fat.
  • I think it's reasonable to say that players that don't get a good pre season tend to struggle all season. Add to that the early injury to Novak and again I think it's reasonable to say Novak might have more to offer this time around.
  • I think it's reasonable to say that players that don't get a good pre season tend to struggle all season. Add to that the early injury to Novak and again I think it's reasonable to say Novak might have more to offer this time around.

yeah I agree, I think he could certainly do better this year, but I wouldn't want to rely on him to provide 15+ goals.
  • IF Watt's body and mind are in the right place for us and IF he can be taught to pass occasionally - then brilliant, but 2 big IFs
  • I would hope most of our strikers should score more than last season if given game time, with marshall, holmes, fosu and possibly reeves to create more chances.
  • Part of the reason various players, such as Ajose and Novak were unsuccessful last season was because of how disjointed our squad looked.
    SHG is right about the importance of pre season and last year the pre season under Slade was very poor in terms of the balance of the squad.
  • From STTV web Site.

STVV is busy expanding its player core for next season.
    Today, Jordan Botaka and Igor Vetokele signed a contract.

Jordan Botaka was born in Kinshasa. He moved to the Netherlands as a child and has both the Congolese and Dutch nationality.
    In 2012, Jordan signed at Club Brugge and was loaned to Belenenses. Then he played at the Rotterdam club Excelsior where Leeds left him away.

Jordan has signed a contract of three years at STVV. He's only 24. STVV wants to play him on the right flank.

Jordan Botaka is also part of the Congolese national team. He was selected for the recent Africa Cup.

There are also two Greek players descending on Stayen. They will be presented Wednesday, subject to medical examinations.

More good news: Spit Igor Vetokele has also signed his signature today under a new contract. He is hired from Charlton for a season.

Next Wednesday 28 June, the new players will be presented to the press.
  • So Vetokele is only on loan again, let's hope uncle Roly has passed his wages on to STVV