Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Laddick01 said:

I think Konsa is a good young player.
    But at this stage I'm not even sure if he's ready to play for a top half championship side , let alone a EPL side.

If they buy him it'll be for the long term. They'll have him out on loan for a season or two to see how he progresses maybe?
  • Redhenry said:

If we get 8 mill for Konsa and sign all the players we need for promotion, I would be happy.

We won't get £8m for Konza seeing as we got less than that upfront for Lookman, a striker.

And Robinson was given just 400k of that to spend despite promotion still being a possibility in January (as Millwall who were within one point of us at the time proved).

Why not 8 mill? Not a lot for some prem clubs. I didn't say we would get 8 mill to spend, just enough to get us promoted. The rest will go towards paying for the regimes past errors. Lots of those to be paid for btw.
  • Redhenry said:

If we get 8 mill for Konsa and sign all the players we need for promotion, I would be happy.

Totally agree RH but any fee we get wont add to the budget that Robinson already has to work with. Most clubs with reasonable ambitions of a promotion, I'm sure would see a sale as a windfall and allocate at least part of any fee to strengthen and enhance those ambitions. I don't see KR looking at Ezri going as a chance to strengthen.

That's just my opinion of course

• Redhenry said:

Can't see us getting even half of that for him.
  • Shrew said:

Sorry if this was already mentioned...

Apparently Jordan Turnbull had a relegation clause for Coventry and is now a free agent. Apparently we are looking at him. Would he be a good defensive addition?

https://www.google.com/amp/www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/transfer-news/rumour-mill-coventry-city-defender-13203178.amp

Possibly after all Coventry had a good season and didn't let in many goals.
    Just the 68 goals conceded..

I was just making an amusing remark really. There are many decent players that are unfortunate to be in a unbalanced or lacking side that get miss judged to be bad players.
  • Is Konsa really that good though? I hold Poyet in his time here higher to be honest.
  • Konsa is definatley that good. And is easily championship top half quality. Easily.
  • Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

We won't get £8m for Konza seeing as we got less than that upfront for Lookman, a striker.

And Robinson was given just 400k of that to spend despite promotion still being a possibility in January (as Millwall who were within one point of us at the time proved).

Why not 8 mill? Not a lot for some prem clubs. I didn't say we would get 8 mill to spend, just enough to get us promoted. The rest will go towards paying for the regimes past errors. Lots of those to be paid for btw.
    £8m not a lot to Prem clubs but you can see similar players going for a lot less. He's never played above league 1. Gomez went for less and was more of a prospect.

Agree with on the "just enough" and "past errors" although one of past errors has not giving coaches "enough" in terms of quality and depth of squad because Duchatelet does understand those concepts.
  • Will Hughes just went for 8m and he's an U21 international and been a championship regular for at least 4 years. We'd be lucky to get 4m for Konsa.
  • Sponsored links:

• Gomez went for 3.5 million because of that clause in his contract. Easily worth more of course. As for Konsa put a hefty price on his head or else he stays.
  • Konsa is definatley that good. And is easily championship top half quality. Easily.

Really? He's not even a guarenteed starter for us, I wouldn't start him at the minute.
  • Will Hughes just went for 8m and he's an U21 international and been a championship regular for at least 4 years. We'd be lucky to get 4m for Konsa.

If he can recover his form, potentially Watford have got themselves a bargain there. I bet Derby never imagined that when Hughes left it would be for Watford rather than one of the big boys
  • edited June 2017

Will Hughes just went for 8m and he's an U21 international and been a championship regular for at least 4 years. We'd be lucky to get 4m for Konsa.

£4.5M up front. The rest is add-ons.
  • edited June 2017

Konsa is definatley that good. And is easily championship top half quality. Easily.

Really? He's not even a guarenteed starter for us, I wouldn't start him at the minute.
    Konsa has masses of promise, but for me there's a slightly danger of John Stones syndrome, where because a player looks classy on the ball, the bread and butter side of the game (marking, heading etc) gets overlooked
  • Konsa is going to be a special player, and if there is any kind of auction situation, and given the wealth of the prem, then I would not be prepared to sell him for less than 7-8 million with a whole host of extra clauses. This is my personal view, very much coloured by the amount of money sloshing around the premier league. Don't sell him anyway, he is contracted.
    if a prem club buys him it will be for the long term, if we sell him it will be to cover the short term financial disaster Katrien and Roland have created.
  • Fortunately Djiksteel is better than Konsa. We just need to tie him to a long deal.
  • I would be happy with £4m for Konsa. Anything above that is a bonus. I don't even think he's ready for the Championship. I think there's better but would be good to keep him. He's still young and will be better this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• I would be staggered if we got more than £2m for Konsa. We got £2.5m for JBG and he is a full international who scores goals.

Konsa may we'll be a great player one day but £8 plus the kind of wages that go with it could cost a manager a job.

For all but the top sides £8m needs to go straight into the first team - he can't even get into our side in front of Pearce, Bauer or Texteria.
  • I think Konsa did well in his first season.

He wasn't helped by the constant protests having to play under two different managers, in multiple formations and in an often struggling side.

He also played in three different positions (RB/CH/DM0 and alongside different team mates almost every game.

All that will be a good learning experience for him but also means he didn't have a prolonged spell in his preferred position within a strong and stable side.

With all those things sorted next season he'll have a better chance to shine and might well be worth more then than now.

Don't bring your logical arguments to this regime.

• edited June 2017
    I think Konsa would not go for any more than Rob Holding went for last year.

Guessing £3M.

And not one cent of that will be spent on any new transfers. Okay.... maybe $500k.
  • Here's a question for you;
    Say we have to sell one player to fund the promotion push (even though you'd think the Ade money would pay for that).
    Would you sell Konza or Ricky?
  • Valley11 said:

Here's a question for you;
    Say we have to sell one player to fund the promotion push (even though you'd think the Ade money would pay for that).

Konsa all day long.
  • edited June 2017
    Valley11 said:

Assuming all the money would be spent, and we get at least £3M.... Konsa.

We could bring in both Ryan Leonard and Marcus Maddison at that price, plus have money left over to give Ben Reeves the wages to come here.

• Valley11 said:

Ricky, as I feel Marshall, Clarke, Fosu, Aribo, possibly Ceballos and any new additions should be enough

Konsa can cover 3 different positions and is only going to get better
  • Valley11 said:

Assuming all the money would be spent, and we get at least £3M.... Konsa.

We could bring in both Ryan Leonard and Marcus Maddison at that price, plus have money left over to give Ben Reeves the wages to come here.

Doubt we'd get either of them regardless. Championship teams in for both or at least Leonard. On top of that it'd be ridiculous to sign that many attacking midfielders.