Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• I'm waiting for him to confirm who, I never believe a rumour until I have all the deets.
  • ✍️ #ftfc are delighted to confirm the signing of attacker @CMcAleny on a three-year deal from @Everton! ➡️ https://t.co/bgC6xR458X pic.twitter.com/pCc0c4KQnM

— Fleetwood Town FC (@ftfc) June 23, 2017

Looked good for Oxford against us last season
    Surprised Oxford didn't sign McAleny, as he did well for them. Fleetwood is certainly nearer to home though
    Oxford have also lost Appleton and a few other players. Might struggle this year.

Fleetwood are ambitious and have kept hold of Rosler.
    Well that's one, we just need find another three now!
  • Dazzler21 said:

I'm waiting for him to confirm who, I never believe a rumour until I have all the deets.

Does it begin with M?

does it end with arcus Maddison?

#getswood
  • Not a rumour but Lafferty is a free agent. Decent striker and partners Magennis for country. Hearts look to get him but worth a punt?
  • I rate Lafferty as a player, but he never seems to score enough goals.
  • Is he a bit of a trouble maker?
  • Gammon said:

Not a rumour but Lafferty is a free agent. Decent striker and partners Magennis for country. Hearts look to get him but worth a punt?

Great another failure from Palermo... Why cant we ever sign their more successful Strikers like Dybala?
  • Lafferty is a massive troublemaker, the Unionist equivalent of James McLean but with more diving and fouling. Doubtless the Rangers fanboys on here think he's a patriotic hero though
  • http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40382916

Wilder said the club are also hoping to secure moves for Charlton midfielder Ricky Holmes and Southend midfielder Ryan Leonard.

"I think it's common knowledge we have bids out for Ricky and Ryan, but we understand that these deals don't always get completed," he said.

"Some players you get in quickly and it's easy and some take a bit of time. You can reach a point where you have to move on.

"We want players in quickly but sometimes you have to be patient. Some of the best business we did last year was in August."
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40382916

Wilder said the club are also hoping to secure moves for Charlton midfielder Ricky Holmes and Southend midfielder Ryan Leonard.

"I think it's common knowledge we have bids out for Ricky and Ryan, but we understand that these deals don't always get completed," he said.

"Some players you get in quickly and it's easy and some take a bit of time. You can reach a point where you have to move on.

"We want players in quickly but sometimes you have to be patient. Some of the best business we did last year was in August."

Robinson is just as guilty of it but it's not right that managers get away with comments like this. Publicly tapping players up.
  • It's headhunting. The title 'tapping up' is absolute BS... It and other laws of football are mad when compared to recruitment law.
  • edited June 2017

Scoham said:

Robinson is just as guilty of it but it's not right that managers get away with comments like this. Publicly tapping players up.
    Katrien would actually earn a bit of respect from me if she came out and told Wilder to sod off
    Of course that wont happen.

In all seriousness though Wilder sounds sort of defeated in this.
  • Scoham said:

Where's the it's happening man?
  • Sheffield United have done some really good early business already, they brought in Enda Stevens from Portsmouth and George Baldock from MK Dons.
  • Dazzler21 said:

It's headhunting. The title 'tapping up' is absolute BS... It and other laws of football are mad when compared to recruitment law.

Dazzler don't worry about that you just get on to your contact and find out who this player is ??
  • Looks like Ben Reeves isn't signing a new deal with us and likely to be signing elsewhere in the next 48 hours - another of our players has taken his shirt number (10), and he hasn't been at pre-season training so far. Our official site mentioned another player's absence from training (international duty), but didn't mention Reeves at all.

99.9% sure he's leaving us, and I'm expecting him to sign for you soon.

Oh please be true that would be unreal imagine our front 4 would be the dogs bollocks !!!
  • Sponsored links:

• FAVADDICK said:

Looks like Ben Reeves isn't signing a new deal with us and likely to be signing elsewhere in the next 48 hours - another of our players has taken his shirt number (10), and he hasn't been at pre-season training so far. Our official site mentioned another player's absence from training (international duty), but didn't mention Reeves at all.

Oh please be true that would be unreal imagine our front 4 would be the dogs bollocks !!!
    Only if Ricky stays
    IF he signs it means Ricky's going.
  • FAVADDICK said:

Looks like Ben Reeves isn't signing a new deal with us and likely to be signing elsewhere in the next 48 hours - another of our players has taken his shirt number (10), and he hasn't been at pre-season training so far. Our official site mentioned another player's absence from training (international duty), but didn't mention Reeves at all.

Only if Ricky stays
    IF he signs it means Ricky's going.
    Would we be ok with that though?
  • Why does that mean Ricky is going
  • edited June 2017
    I think most of us expect Holmes to go if Reeves signs as we can't cope with the idea of Roly giving us a decent squad.
  • Not quite sure how you'd fit Holmes, Marshall, Clarke and Reeves in the same team. I know we need depth, but there's also Fosu and Aribo as attacking midfielders.
  • Not quite sure how you'd fit Holmes, Marshall, Clarke and Reeves in the same team. I know we need depth, but there's also Fosu and Aribo as attacking midfielders.

It would be fun trying though mate!
  • Dazzler21 said:

It's headhunting. The title 'tapping up' is absolute BS... It and other laws of football are mad when compared to recruitment law.

Fair point, but it's the law in football. I'm aware I'm probably stretching it with this specific comment if I'm using it as an example of tapping up but you see it all the time.
  • Swisdom said:

FAVADDICK said:

Why does that mean Ricky is going

Because this was becoming dangerously close to a positive thread and we can't have that
    Or maybe as the senior management were quoted in April after a 13 million pound loss that it would not happen again. Maybe if they are not going to sell, then a small budget has been given to the manager for now, unless money can be raised from outgoings. Holmes and Konsa are the 2 favourites for that to happen.

Expect more cheap/free signings. You're deluded if you think otherwise.