Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• ross1 said:

I thought during last season there was a row with KR and at least one player (rumoured Tex), was showing his mobile around with the club he was joining this season on it, what happened to that? or was the story a lie, unusual for Charlton staff to lie

That was Robinson during his press conference on the pitch after the Shrewsbury away game back in February
  • Redrobo said:

Hammer will probably be out on loan this season as he is dropping down pecking order.

As long as he isn't still wearing those baggy trousers
  • Redrobo said:

Hammer will probably be out on loan this season as he is dropping down pecking order.

As long as he isn't still wearing those baggy trousers
    I know he's former Palace but I don't care because Gabor Kiraly's are the best dad track bottoms and this move is the perfect dad Sunday League trick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK40QYsqM6o
  • DA9DA9
    edited June 2017

SIGNING | #rufc are delighted to confirm the signing of striker David Ball on a two-year deal.https://t.co/YjoTeXO7iW pic.twitter.com/h9Wsy96S5H

— Rotherham United (@OfficialRUFC) June 22, 2017

He'll have a quick return then, Rotherham go to Fleetwood on the opening day.
  • edited June 2017
    Hope Igor is permanent or we will be supplementing his wages I'd imagine
  • English Football....3 years
    CAFC... 1 year

Your real name isn't Thomas is it?
  • Hope Igor is permanent or we will be supplementing his wages I'd imagine

If we are going to keep on paying his wages then he should be playing for us, if not then ship him out permanently. If his wages are too high for another club and so can't sell him then stop dicking about & play him. The pre-injury Igor was one of the best strikers we have had in the last 5 seasons & he must have recovered from that as he played last season on loan for 2 other clubs. Stupid to loan him out, pay most if not all of his wages & therefore meaning that we cant sign a replacement decent striker
  • Yes think Igor best striker we had before injury don't no if he wants to play for us anymore but think he is best striker we have got.so if we are serious for promotion he should be playing for us.
  • edited June 2017

Good signing for Rotherham.

I know KR wants Reeves, but I can't help but think Ball would have been a better signing.

Ball scores more, is an actual striker, is bigger and has more League One experience.

• Good signing for Rotherham.

I know KR wants Reeves, but I can't help but think Ball would have been a better signing.

Ball scores more, is an actual striker, is bigger and has more League One experience.

He isn't what KR is looking for, we want someone to sit behind the striker not an out and out and being shorter is usually better for that position. With Reeves likely much better technically than Ball.
  • Sponsored links:

Yeah but Ball hasn't played for MK Dons.
  • edited June 2017

He isn't what KR is looking for, we want someone to sit behind the striker not an out and out and being shorter is usually better for that position. With Reeves likely much better technically than Ball.
    Appreciate the reasoning. But are we really gonna get him? He was practicing at Dons' facility just yesterday. He does not seem in any hurry to sign here.

Also, he averages just 5.5 goals per year in League One. And weighs just 67 kilo. Can he really handle any league other than League One, should we ever get promoted?

Also, Ball is an actual striker, naturally, so there is some flexibility in how we could use him. I doubt Reeves could move up to that position, if needed, at his frail weight. By getting Ball we can unload Ajose and maybe someone else too.

I am not too attached to what KR wants, as on average, managers stay here for 6 months at a time. Whoever we transfer-in needs to be utilized by the 3-4 managers I expect us to have over the next 2-3 years. I think Ball can do that.

Finally, Reeves is injury prone. Missed a month last season to a hamstring injury and half the season to a calf injury in 15-16.

I see Ball as better, more flexible in how we would use, a better scorer and more durable. Just my opinion.

Appreciate the reasoning. But are we really gonna get him? He was practicing at Dons' facility just yesterday. He does not seem in any hurry to sign here.

Also, he averages just 5.5 goals per year in League One. And weighs just 67 kilo. Can he really handle any league other than League One, should we ever get promoted?

Also, Ball is an actual striker, naturally, so there is some flexibility in how we could use him. I doubt Reeves could move up to that position, if needed, at his frail weight. By getting Ball we can unload Ajose and maybe someone else too.

I am not too attached to what KR wants, as on average, managers stay here for 6 months at a time. Whoever we transfer-in needs to be utilized by the 3-4 managers I expect us to have over the next 2-3 years. I think Ball can do that.

Finally, Reeves is injury prone. Missed a month last season to a hamstring injury and half the season to a calf injury in 15-16.

I see Ball as better, more flexible in how we would use, a better scorer and more durable. Just my opinion.
    But Ball has just signed for Rotherham so what's the point of discussing him, irrespective of whether KF wanted him or if he is a better striker than someone else we haven't signed.

Honest peace of advice here, stop using numbers as your centre of decisions, we saw how that went for old Tommy D. Reeves is one of the best players in the league in terms of his intricate play and technical ability and his goalscoring is fairly irrelevant, but if he can chip in with 6-10 from midfield and create a load more that's a great return. As for his size, Lorenzo Insigne is 59kg. I'd have him every day of the week 500 times over regardless, like Reeves, though not on the same level, he uses that to his advantage.
  • edited June 2017

Honest peace of advice here, stop using numbers as your centre of decisions, we saw how that went for old Tommy D. Reeves is one of the best players in the league in terms of his intricate play and technical ability and his goalscoring is fairly irrelevant, but if he can chip in with 6-10 from midfield and create a load more that's a great return. As for his size, Lorenzo Insigne is 59kg. I'd have him every day of the week 500 times over regardless, like Reeves, though not on the same level, he uses that to his advantage.
    I hope you are right! I also hope we get him, because there are no other transfer options on the horizon for that position. We've put all our eggs in that one basket.

I hope you are right! I also hope we get him, because there are no other transfer options on the horizon for that position. We've put all our eggs in that one basket.
    We don't know that. Given the way KR wants to play a "number 10" is important. I'd be surprised if he didn't have other options if Reeves goes elsewhere.

Fosu's name didn't come up at all, not every player we're trying to sign will be linked with us.
  • ✍️ #ftfc are delighted to confirm the signing of attacker @CMcAleny on a three-year deal from @Everton! ➡️ https://t.co/bgC6xR458X pic.twitter.com/pCc0c4KQnM

— Fleetwood Town FC (@ftfc) June 23, 2017
  • ✍️ #ftfc are delighted to confirm the signing of attacker @CMcAleny on a three-year deal from @Everton! ➡️ https://t.co/bgC6xR458X pic.twitter.com/pCc0c4KQnM

Wasn't sure what to make of him in his short time here.

I do remember thinking he had a touch of the spongefoots though.

Looked good for Oxford against us last season
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2017

✍️ #ftfc are delighted to confirm the signing of attacker @CMcAleny on a three-year deal from @Everton! ➡️ https://t.co/bgC6xR458X pic.twitter.com/pCc0c4KQnM

Surprised Oxford didn't sign McAleny, as he did well for them. Fleetwood is certainly nearer to home though

Surprised Oxford didn't sign McAleny, as he did well for them. Fleetwood is certainly nearer to home though
    Oxford have also lost Appleton and a few other players. Might struggle this year.

Fleetwood are ambitious and have kept hold of Rosler.

Apparently Oxford did put an Contract offer on the table for him.

I guess the fact like you say that Fleetwood is closer to home and the fact that Oxford now dont have a Manager was a bit of a defining factor
  • edited June 2017
    dizzee said:

We threw Igor away by not looking after him. He is easily Championship quality and we just let him continue playing whilst injured. We just chucked away our new Darren Bent (Scored goals from being right place right time) through mistreatment.

Whilst we all liked him, I think some of your assertions are a tad fanciful.
  • Hope Igor is permanent or we will be supplementing his wages I'd imagine

If we are going to keep on paying his wages then he should be playing for us, if not then ship him out permanently. If his wages are too high for another club and so can't sell him then stop dicking about & play him. The pre-injury Igor was one of the best strikers we have had in the last 5 seasons & he must have recovered from that as he played last season on loan for 2 other clubs. Stupid to loan him out, pay most if not all of his wages & therefore meaning that we cant sign a replacement decent striker
    This is pinnochio we're talking about !

A lot of people looked good against us last season! ha
  • New signing to be announced over the next couple of days. Straight from a complete nobody, but we will be impressed apparently.
  • Dazzler21 said:

New signing to be announced over the next couple of days. Straight from a complete nobody, but we will be impressed apparently.

You are such a tease Dazzler, how am I supposed to get any work done this afternoon?!