Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Come on dazzler where are you don't let us down !!!
  • edited June 2017
    Its healthy having competition. It's a long season. We had to patch Ricky up so much, as he was our only real winger.

I'd rather have healthy (not over loaded) completion than having one or two. They could, be complacent, knowing they'll never be dropped.

I liked Fox. But there was a time, where he needed some time out, but we had no depth to do this.

Reeves, Fosu, Clarke, Marshall will be good, possibly one more winger. I'll be amazed if Ricky stays. The good thing about the four mentioned above, could in theory, play in a fluid 3, behind Josh. I'll be surprised if the 3 will be structured, and stick to their positions. All of the above have played wide, in the hole and also as inside forwards. Thumbs up so far from me.
  • shirty5 said:

Swisdom said:

FAVADDICK said:

Why does that mean Ricky is going

Because this was becoming dangerously close to a positive thread and we can't have that
    Or maybe as the senior management were quoted in April after a 13 million pound loss that it would not happen again. Maybe if they are not going to sell, then a small budget has been given to the manager for now, unless money can be raised from outgoings. Holmes and Konsa are the 2 favourites for that to happen.

Expect more cheap/free signings. You're deluded if you think otherwise.
    Sorry, are you saying one would be deluded if one thought we will not sign anyone else, or deluded if one thought that a fee would be involved, or deluded if one thought we will not sell both Konsa and Homes?
  • I genuinely think that Holmes will stay and that we will sign Reeves and another winger.

We will be having 3 behind Josh and Robinson has said about a balanced squad. Two number 10s being Reeves and Clarke and 4 wingers being Holmes, Marshall, Fosu and another.

There will be injuries and suspensions, loss of form etc. It would be silly if Holmes and Reeves were injured for example and we were only left with 3.
  • edited June 2017
    Sage said:

I genuinely think that Holmes will stay and that we will sign Reeves and another winger.

We will be having 3 behind Josh and Robinson has said about a balanced squad. Two number 10s being Reeves and Clarke and 4 wingers being Holmes, Marshall, Fosu and another.

There will be injuries and suspensions, loss of form etc. It would be silly if Holmes and Reeves were injured for example and we were only left with 3.

If this Reeves bloke signs he'd better do the bloody business.
  • Sage said:

I genuinely think that Holmes will stay and that we will sign Reeves and another winger.

If this Reeves bloke signs he'd better to the bloody business.
    I personally rate him very highly and think he will be a key player for us going forward this season.
  • Last season we had far too many defenders (especially centre backs) and too few attackers. We've signed some good attacking players this summer, especially if Reeves gets, but surely we now have to be looking at some defensive options, or we risk a similar imbalance, just opposite? We have only Page at left back, who is currently injured, and only Solly at right back, who can't be trusted to do the full season. Unless some of the academy lads are being moved up (Barnes?) this needs to be rectified fast, as well as another goalkeeper. Centre mid looks like another problem. Forster-Caskey is still 50-50, Crofts and Jackson (especially) are gonna struggle and Kashi is unlikely to be the same player after his injury. Again, is this where Djiksteel/Aribo come in or do we need reinforcements?

Has Reeves even left the starting blocks?
  • Sponsored links:

• I think Holmes will stay too even if we sign Reeves.

A trio of Holmes, Reeves and Marshall behind Big Josh will surely be as strong as it gets as an attacking force in this league.

If we can then bring in David Martin on a free as well and also loan in Da Silva again I'd be happy for that to conclude our signings for the summer - excluding the sale of Holmes, Konsa etc whom replacements would then be required.

Of course signing players like Reeves makes us more appealing for Holmes to sign that new contract too.

• Sage said:

To me that's a lot of players for those 3 positions, when we have more glaring weaknesses elsewhere. The likes of Holmes, Clarke, Marshall and Fosu can play anywhere in those 3 really, it's not as if we have players who can only play on the left, middle or right.

While depth is great, there's no point having such depth if we have only one decent No 9 in Magennis, or no cover elsewhere in the team, at full back or defensive midfield
  • Valley11 said:

If we sign Reeves and keep Holmes I might just start believing in KR

KR can only do what he's allowed to do from above. If we sign Reeves and keep Holmes I might start believing in Roland.
    Easy there tiger
  • Redrobo said:

shirty5 said:

Swisdom said:

FAVADDICK said:

Why does that mean Ricky is going

Because this was becoming dangerously close to a positive thread and we can't have that
    Or maybe as the senior management were quoted in April after a 13 million pound loss that it would not happen again. Maybe if they are not going to sell, then a small budget has been given to the manager for now, unless money can be raised from outgoings. Holmes and Konsa are the 2 favourites for that to happen.

Expect more cheap/free signings. You're deluded if you think otherwise.
    Sorry, are you saying one would be deluded if one thought we will not sign anyone else, or deluded if one thought that a fee would be involved, or deluded if one thought we will not sell both Konsa and Homes?
    No, deluded if you don't agree with him, which is the CL mantra
  • Sage said:

To me that's a lot of players for those 3 positions, when we have more glaring weaknesses elsewhere. The likes of Holmes, Clarke, Marshall and Fosu can play anywhere in those 3 really, it's not as if we have players who can only play on the left, middle or right.

While depth is great, there's no point having such depth if we have only one decent No 9 in Magennis, or no cover elsewhere in the team, at full back or defensive midfield
    It's not a lot though, it's still just 2 players per position. That's the minimum we should have, it means there's genuine competition for places, plenty of cover and options to change the way we're playing.

When everyone is fit players like Fosu should be fighting to make the bench. Not an automatic choice as they're the only real back up (like Botaka last season).

If we're trying to sign Reeves it doesn't mean we're not working on bringing in other players.
  • I'm sure Reeves will have a number of offers on the table. Seems certain he's not staying at MK but that's a long way off thinking he's coming to us.

Not sure who said it but "when it's on the OS"
  • Rumour from good source that we've looked a six different keepers
  • I think Martin will be next through the door.
  • For some reason I don't think Martin will be the keeper just as if he was wouldn't he be in by now ??
  • Sponsored links:

• Rumour from good source that we've looked a six different keepers

One would have thought that they would have had a target. This sounds more like a panick.

As no one is playing at the moment, are they using the internet to look at them or asking around?
  • Redrobo said:

Rumour from good source that we've looked a six different keepers

One would have thought that they would have had a target. This sounds more like a panick.
    wha
    As no one is playing at the moment, are they using the internet to look at them or asking around?
    More looking around, asking who's available and at what price, which players want to move house or club, which club wants to sell lor loan.
  • Bubble said:

I'm sure Reeves will have a number of offers on the table. Seems certain he's not staying at MK but that's a long way off thinking he's coming to us.

Heard from a solid source he was at The Valley yesterday
    I so hope your right bubble if he was hopefully he will sign today or tomorrow !!
  • Bubble said:

I'm sure Reeves will have a number of offers on the table. Seems certain he's not staying at MK but that's a long way off thinking he's coming to us.

He saw the thread on the bombed out Charlton station so was there to check out its current architecture
  • Bubble said:

Wasnt there an article the other month saying he'd been around Sparrows Lane already
  • Bubble said:

Wasnt there an article the other month saying he'd been around Sparrows Lane already
    Sparrows Lane to look around the training possibilities, the valley to sign the contract. The only issue with that is Chris Parkes is on holiday at the moment
  • Surely there is also someone that does the job aswell surely they don't just have Chris parks