Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Be careful what you wish for !
  • Scoham said:

Fortunately Djiksteel is better than Konsa. We just need to tie him to a long deal.

Done http://mobile.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-anfernee-dijksteel-contract-extension-3545951.aspx

Signed up until 2020.

Can you really be sure he's better until he's played for the first team? It's not just about ability it's consistency, how they cope with the extra pressure etc.
    Djiksteel is the next Patrick Vierra. Trust me.
    So you're saying he'll become one of the best ever Premier League central midfielders?
  • In the longer term Konsa may go on to be an excellent player

In terms of 2017/18 and a promotion bid, Holmes (and indeed Pearce and Magennis) are more important
  • Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Fortunately Djiksteel is better than Konsa. We just need to tie him to a long deal.

Done http://mobile.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-anfernee-dijksteel-contract-extension-3545951.aspx

Signed up until 2020.

Can you really be sure he's better until he's played for the first team? It's not just about ability it's consistency, how they cope with the extra pressure etc.
    So you're saying he'll become one of the best ever Premier League central midfielders?
    You should know by now that harveys_gardener thinks most of our Academy players are better than they are.
  • Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Signed up until 2020.

You should know by now that harveys_gardener thinks most of our Academy players are better than they are.
    Thought I'd ask in case Karl had hacked his account.

"Joe is like a young Patrick Vieira with his leggy range, quality and appetite to get around the pitch," boss Karl Robinson (on Aribo)
  • Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Signed up until 2020.

No. I think that Edwards is better than Page, Djiksteel is better than Crofts by a country mile and will be a Prem star, KAG is better than Ajose based on off the ball runs. Barnes is good back-up for either full back. Laplsie is better than Crofts or Jackson.
  • So hasn't anybody herd anymore on reeves joining then ??
  • FAVADDICK said:

So hasn't anybody herd anymore on reeves joining then ??

He is probably on holiday with everybody else.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Signed up until 2020.

No. I think that Edwards is better than Page, Djiksteel is better than Crofts by a country mile and will be a Prem star, KAG is better than Ajose based on off the ball runs. Barnes is good back-up for either full back. Laplsie is better than Crofts or Jackson.
    Agree with you that Edwards is better than page. It still annoys me that we let Chickson leave. If Page is 1st choice next season i won't be happy
  • I doubt Edwards will be featuring at all for the first team.
  • Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Signed up until 2020.

And i think you're completely deluded
  • dickplumb said:

I doubt Edwards will be featuring at all for the first team.

Why? I thought he might feature in JPT games maybe.
  • edited June 2017
    dickplumb said:

Dick I respect that you know more about our youngsters than most of the staff at CAFC but Archie is coming up 20. He had a bad spell coming back from injury but was looking good again late season. If he doesn't get game time this year we may as well close our academy. He is a better player than Page by a country mile.
  • edited June 2017
    Re: Konsa

Imo, can only make comparisons to a similar player in Joe Gomez.

Gomez was physically stronger, technically better, more tactically aware, and mentally grounded. Not saying Ez won't get there, but at this moment in time, we'd do amazing if we got half of what we got for Joe. Ez needs a season playing, and firstly establish himself as a starter here.
  • _nam11 said:

Gomez was physically stronger, technically better, more tactically aware, and mentally grounded. Not saying Ez won't get there, but at this moment in time, we'd do amazing if we got half of what we got for Joe. Ez needs a season playing, and firstly establish himself as a starter here.

Joe was given away at a joke fee by people who had no appreciation of his talent.
  • dickplumb said:

Dick I respect that you know more about our youngsters than most of the staff at CAFC but Archie is coming up 20. He had a bad spell coming back from injury but was looking good again late season. If he doesn't get game time this year we may as well close our academy. He is a better player than Page by a country mile.
    I rate him, but it seems that the previous coaches like Slade and the current one, Robinson don't rate him. I think his physical make up has something to do with it. He hasn't featured in any of the squads.
  • _nam11 said:

Joe was given away at a joke fee by people who had no appreciation of his talent.
    Wasn't there a clause in his contract? That may be false information, but it all depends on what you are comparing the fee too.

Gomez played 21 times, Konsa 32. If we got anywhere near 5mill, I'd be amazed. But ultimately I think it's in his interest to stay. Although Gomez started well at Liverpool before his injury, it could go the other way like Diego.

• Sponsored links:

• dickplumb said:

dickplumb said:

I rate him, but it seems that the previous coaches like Slade and the current one, Robinson don't rate him. I think his physical make up has something to do with it. He hasn't featured in any of the squads.
    This is a good point, and I am also surprised that Lapslie hasn't seemed to get Robinson going either.
    If we let Lapslie slide away I can see him re-emerging much like Harry Arter has.
  • dickplumb said:

dickplumb said:

The problem is Da Silva is no bigger than Edwards so it's not about size. I rate Edwards but he just doesn't seem to be in favour
  • _nam11 said:

_nam11 said:

Wasn't there a clause in his contract? That may be false information, but it all depends on what you are comparing the fee too.

Gomez played 21 times, Konsa 32. If we got anywhere near 5mill, I'd be amazed. But ultimately I think it's in his interest to stay. Although Gomez started well at Liverpool before his injury, it could go the other way like Diego.

We sold him early in the window. Big European clubs had him on their radar. Simple to create a bidding war but we sold him virtually in secret.
  • Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Signed up until 2020.

_nam11 said:

_nam11 said:

We sold him early in the window. Big European clubs had him on their radar. Simple to create a bidding war but we sold him virtually in secret.
    Isn't that irrelevant if he had a clause in his contract? If the release fee is £3.5m it wouldn't have made a difference if one club wanted him or ten.
  • Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Signed up until 2020.

Having seen them a couple of times I might just agree.

Personally, I wouldn't have Page, Crofts, Jackson and possibly Ajose in the first 11.
  • edited June 2017
    Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Signed up until 2020.

_nam11 said:

_nam11 said:

Isn't that irrelevant if he had a clause in his contract? If the release fee is £3.5m it wouldn't have made a difference if one club wanted him or ten.
    Firstly I think the fee was 2.5 not 3.5. Secondly, regardless of a release fee if you get several clubs bidding the fee will go up but we sold him virtually in secret.
  • Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Signed up until 2020.

_nam11 said:

_nam11 said:

Firstly I think the fee was 2.5 not 3.5. Secondly, regardless of a release fee if you get several clubs bidding the fee will go up but we sold him virtually in secret.
    Don't be ridiculous, if he has a release fee he has a release fee. Clubs will bid that and activate it. Its then up to the player who he joins.
  • You wouldn't pay more than the release clause.

Everyone would bid the minimum. Then it's down to giving the player the most attractive remuneration. Chelsea and Real Madrid could have been there, they'd still offer 2.5m. It'll be down to Joe who he chooses once all confirmed clubs have matched the clause.
  • Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Signed up until 2020.

_nam11 said:

_nam11 said:

Not necessarily. If the fee is fixed by a clause, then it wouldn't matter if Arsenal offered £10m and Liverpool £3.5m (the minimum), as the player could choose where to go to