Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Make of that what you will
  • Sage said:

Have heard through a couple of things that Reeves could well be signed by this week Wednesday. Don't shoot me down if it doesn't happen, just passing on info.

Does his signing mean Holmes is off?

• Sage said:

Have heard through a couple of things that Reeves could well be signed by this week Wednesday. Don't shoot me down if it doesn't happen, just passing on info.

Why would it? Reeves is a number 10 and Holmes is a winger.
  • ross1 said:

I hope not but who knows what Ricky is going to do,

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/891418659?-11197:833:0

Doesn't seem like anything concrete and doesn't tell us anything new, still believe he will be here next season.

• Sage said:

My sense is that our Dear Owner does not care about offensive formations and thus simply will look at the situation and say... "I can claim we upgraded the offense." He did that exact thing last year when he unloaded two of our best players and replaced them with Ajose. I fear it will be the same kind of logic. "I brought in someone and thus can sell someone else for a profit."

Maybe I am wrong. But it seems to me RD makes transfer moves with two things in mind... 1. Make a profit. 2. Be able to claim I brought in talent.

Signing Reeves allows him to sell Holmes and do both.

• Sage said:

My sense is that our Dear Owner does not care about offensive formations and thus simply will look at the situation and say... "I can claim we upgraded the offense." He did that exact thing last year when he unloaded two of our best players and replaced them with Ajose. I fear it will be the same kind of logic. "I brought in someone and thus can sell someone else for a profit."

Maybe I am wrong. But it seems to me RD makes transfer moves with two things in mind... 1. Make a profit. 2. Be able to claim I brought in talent.

We've already signed 2 wingers so that excuse is already there. I doubt they're linked.
  • Swisdom said:

Pictures from Pre-Season show that Ricky Holmes is back at the club...

Expression on his face shows that he cant wait to sign that new deal

Interesting to see that Jason Pearce has mastered levitation. Useful skill tbf
    Maybe we'll be able to finally defend a corner.
  • ross1 said:

I hope not but who knows what Ricky is going to do,

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/891418659?-11197:833:0

That Sheffield newspaper site might be right - or they may just be talking things up to get hits on their site.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:

Reeves is a free agent in 5 days time so won't cost RD anything but wages, which he may now have after shipping Igor off to Belgium.

Robinson had said he wants 2 players in every position, Reeves and Clarke would be the 2 10's, Holmes, Marshall, Fosu, and i would assume Cellabos are the 4 wingers.

If we get an offer in the 1mil region for a 30 year old we paid about 200k for a year ago then Holmes will be gone, and i don't blame the club selling him for that money really.

I think even RD can see everything he has done till now has been a massive failure so maybe he is going to let Robinson do it his way this summer and see where we are come January.

If I'm reading that right, Wallace has signed/is staying at Millwall & Holmes is saying that he can come round for dinner every night.

So Holmes must be staying ? (If it's actually Ricky and not fake).
    They are already neighbours, Holmes is saying Wallace needs to be buying dinner on his champ wages

*you're. Disgraceful spelling. Sell him Roland.

Closest sign yet that he's going to sign a new contract.
  • Holmes and Wallace were at Portsmouth together, I think.

If I'm reading that right, Wallace has signed/is staying at Millwall & Holmes is saying that he can come round for dinner every night.

They are already neighbours, Holmes is saying Wallace needs to be buying dinner on his champ wages
    Same difference. Wallace can't be buying Holmes dinner every night if Holmes is in Sheffield.
  • Love the optimism, and I'm not sure Holmes will leave, but he's hardly going to tweet Wallace saying "goodbye, was nice to be your neighbour!"

Admittedly, could have just said nothing, but I'm not reading anything into that tweet.
  • Love the optimism, and I'm not sure Holmes will leave, but he's hardly going to tweet Wallace saying "goodbye, was nice to be your neighbour!"

Admittedly, could have just said nothing, but I'm not reading anything into that tweet.

I am.
  • Wonder what dinner they'll have?

And will they have a starter or concentrate on a dessert instead?

So many questions.

Same difference. Wallace can't be buying Holmes dinner every night if Holmes is in Sheffield.
    Just-eat
  • Sponsored links:

Deliveroo.
  • Macronate said:

Wonder what dinner they'll have?

So many questions.

But are their gaffs better than Danny Greens??? :wink:
  • TelMc32 said:

Macronate said:

Wonder what dinner they'll have?

So many questions.

But are their gaffs better than Danny Greens??? :wink:
    And what happens if they go to the oxo tower after a Charlton loss?
  • Beardface said:

Swisdom said:

Pictures from Pre-Season show that Ricky Holmes is back at the club...

Expression on his face shows that he cant wait to sign that new deal

Interesting to see that Jason Pearce has mastered levitation. Useful skill tbf
    Maybe we'll be able to finally defend a corner.
    Come on, this is the rumours thread; not the fantasy thread.
  • tgarrat1 said:

Redrobo said:

tgarrat1 said:

Not strictly transfer news, but squad related.. http://www.kentlive.news/revealed-the-charlton-athletic-player-who-lost-more-weight-than-any-of-his-team-mates-over-summer/story-30409563-detail/story.html

If true.. a fit and engaged TW is a hell of an asset in League 1, if not the Championship.

On what evidence?

Strikers in my pecking order are Mag, Clarke, Ajose, Novak, KAG, Watt.

He will need a tremendous pre season to even get on the bench if we sell someone.
    On the basis that two and half seasons ago (when he was engaged and fit) he was arguably the most talented player in our squad.... (got himself two loan deals away to other championship sides because he didnt want to be here.. note the 'fit and engaged' part. If you watched any of the tail end of the 14/15 season you could argue he was our best player and a massive factor in our survival that season.

On what basis do you rate Novak? KAG? Novak looked bigger than Jon Parkin last season, so if he hasn't lost the most weight out of the squad then hes struggling.
    Please I would love to know why you rate KAG above Tony Watt
    Sorry for not getting back earlier.

I rate KAG above Watt as Robbo intends to play 4-2-3-1. This is so demanding physically it requires huge stamina, fitness levels and commitment. It is looking for quick passing triangles, awareness of what other players are doing and droping back to defend if others have moved forward. (Team work).

I think KAG fits that profile better than Watt.

• Redrobo said:

tgarrat1 said:

Redrobo said:

tgarrat1 said:

Not strictly transfer news, but squad related.. http://www.kentlive.news/revealed-the-charlton-athletic-player-who-lost-more-weight-than-any-of-his-team-mates-over-summer/story-30409563-detail/story.html

If true.. a fit and engaged TW is a hell of an asset in League 1, if not the Championship.

On what evidence?

He will need a tremendous pre season to even get on the bench if we sell someone.
    On the basis that two and half seasons ago (when he was engaged and fit) he was arguably the most talented player in our squad.... (got himself two loan deals away to other championship sides because he didnt want to be here.. note the 'fit and engaged' part. If you watched any of the tail end of the 14/15 season you could argue he was our best player and a massive factor in our survival that season.

On what basis do you rate Novak? KAG? Novak looked bigger than Jon Parkin last season, so if he hasn't lost the most weight out of the squad then hes struggling.

I rate KAG above Watt as Robbo intends to play 4-2-3-1. This is so demanding physically it requires huge stamina, fitness levels and commitment. It is looking for quick passing triangles, awareness of what other players are doing and droping back to defend if others have moved forward. (Team work).

Find it hard to disagree with this. Sounds crazy, but if you imagine Watt playing up front in that formation on his own, not quite as much
  • edited June 2017

Sage said:

Reeves*1 is a free agent in 5 days time so won't cost RD anything but wages, which he may now have after shipping Igor off to Belgium.

*2 Robinson had said he wants 2 players in every position, Reeves and Clarke would be the 2 10's, Holmes, Marshall, Fosu, and i would assume Cellabos are the 4 wingers.

If we get an offer in the 1mil region for a 30 year old we paid about 200k for a year ago then Holmes will be gone, and i don't blame the club selling him for that money really.

*3 I think even RD can see everything he has done till now has been a massive failure so maybe he is going to let Robinson do it his way this summer and see where we are come January.
    *1 The wages are off the Charlton book but still paid by RD right?

I just looked at Igor's page on Wiki, I forgot he got Player of the Month for September 2014... There's such a good player in there, he'd tear up league 1 so I am disappointed he has gone again.STVV was also the first team he played against in CAFC colours during a pre-season friendly.

*2 Magennis?

*3 You're in la la land if you think Duchatelet would bother to try and make a success of us now.
  • edited June 2017
    Redrobo said:

tgarrat1 said:

Redrobo said:

tgarrat1 said:

On what evidence?

If only KAG could shoot, he's rapid and can get in the right positions but he needs to be a bit more composed in front of goal.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Sage said:

Reeves*1 is a free agent in 5 days time so won't cost RD anything but wages, which he may now have after shipping Igor off to Belgium.

*2 Robinson had said he wants 2 players in every position, Reeves and Clarke would be the 2 10's, Holmes, Marshall, Fosu, and i would assume Cellabos are the 4 wingers.

*3 I think even RD can see everything he has done till now has been a massive failure so maybe he is going to let Robinson do it his way this summer and see where we are come January.
    *1 The wages are off the Charlton book but still paid by RD right?

I just looked at Igor's page on Wiki, I forgot he got Player of the Month for September 2014... There's such a good player in there, he'd tear up league 1 so I am disappointed he has gone again.STVV was also the first team he played against in CAFC colours during a pre-season friendly.

*2 Magennis?

*3 You're in la la land if you think Duchatelet would bother to try and make a success of us now.
    Not sure he cares so much about success but he does care about money and being seen to be "right". So I think he might try and get us back up to the Championship as that's the only way IMO that he has any chance of getting back some of his investment. Value of a Championship club must be considerably more than a L1 club.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Redrobo said:

tgarrat1 said:

Redrobo said:

tgarrat1 said:

On what evidence?

If only KAG could shoot, he's rapid and can get in the right positions but he needs to be a bit more composed in front of goal.

I personally think we should play KAG as an attacking midfielder on either wing instead of our main striker up top, think he is more suited to that position