Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• FAVADDICK said:

I imagine there will be a fee he's still under contract with us

Perhaps that Japanese money being invested into STTV is to pay for Igor's transfer fee :smile:
  • Could definitely see katrien signing players from a list given her to Karl like this...https://youtu.be/6PbP_pIgR4s
  • Igor news doesn't surprise me. Is his partner not Belgian? He's got a kid and probably is more than happy to be back in his home country.
  • Igor news doesn't surprise me. Is his partner not Belgian? He's got a kid and probably is more than happy to be back in his home country.

Doesn't surprise me either. Just a shame as he would be an asset, as long as he stayed fit, could easily hit 20 in a season. Unfortunately, even with a fee involved, you know that money won't be given to Robinson to bolster the squad.
  • JamesSeed said:

Swisdom said:

I must admit I am delighted with Pearce signing a new contract. I hold my hands up and state I didn't think he was all that good however Our performances turned around dramatically towards the end of the season and this was largely attributable to a solid defence marshalled by him.

So far so good

Hoping Da Silva is coming back for the season. Think he is going to be a superstar but A season with us and hopefully getting promoted with us what to do both parties very good.

That, and the fact that we largely faced the poorest teams in the last 5 matches.
    Spot on
  • wmcf123 said:

JamesSeed said:

Swisdom said:

I must admit I am delighted with Pearce signing a new contract. I hold my hands up and state I didn't think he was all that good however Our performances turned around dramatically towards the end of the season and this was largely attributable to a solid defence marshalled by him.

So far so good

Hoping Da Silva is coming back for the season. Think he is going to be a superstar but A season with us and hopefully getting promoted with us what to do both parties very good.

That, and the fact that we largely faced the poorest teams in the last 5 matches.
    Spot on
    Not quite. We seemed to struggle more against sides below us up until then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Barnsley have agreed a fee for Liam Lindsay.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40344932
  • Swisdom said:

JamesSeed said:

Swisdom said:

So far so good

At the point of his return WE were one of the poorest teams.

For the last 6 games KR has said he was happy we were playing more like he wanted us to. The stats for distances covered, passing, dribbles etc were all a vastly improved.

It's not all down to Pearce but he definitely marshals that defence better than Tex and/or Bauer.
    Agreed. But had we been facing the top sides we would have been unlikely to get 13 points out of a possible 15.
    Big fan of Pearce's though.
  • Swisdom said:

JamesSeed said:

Swisdom said:

So far so good

For the last 6 games KR has said he was happy we were playing more like he wanted us to. The stats for distances covered, passing, dribbles etc were all a vastly improved.

It's not all down to Pearce but he definitely marshals that defence better than Tex and/or Bauer.
    DaSilva clearly was a major factor, but it was also noticeable that JFC was starting to settle down and really make a contribution to cames
  • Swisdom said:

JamesSeed said:

Swisdom said:

So far so good

DaSilva clearly was a major factor, but it was also noticeable that JFC was starting to settle down and really make a contribution to cames
    JFC is still on my 'unsure' list.
    Usually I have a settled idea about a player after about 6 games, but for some reason not JFC.
    There are occasional flashes of excellence, there is a sometimes moody player without focus, there is sometimes an isolated person, there is sometimes a player who makes good runs and links with others, there is a player capable of a goal or two, but also one who can make poor decisions.
    I really struggle to understand what he is about, do others 'get' him yet?
  • seth plum said:

Swisdom said:

JamesSeed said:

Swisdom said:

So far so good

Usually I have a settled idea about a player after about 6 games, but for some reason not JFC.
    There are occasional flashes of excellence, there is a sometimes moody player without focus, there is sometimes an isolated person, there is sometimes a player who makes good runs and links with others, there is a player capable of a goal or two, but also one who can make poor decisions.
    Have to say not convinced by JFC as yet - hasn't made a big impression.
  • seth plum said:

Swisdom said:

JamesSeed said:

Swisdom said:

So far so good

Well he scored in the last 2 matches, and contributed a couple of assists around that period too.

The injury affected his progress, as it happened just when he was trying to settle at a new club. I think there's a good midfield playmaker there, but one that needs good coaching to bring the best out. Lee Bowyer should be able to help! He has 12 England U21 caps, you don't get that many unless you have some ability.
  • FAVADDICK said:

Yeah I've just seen it on a website on COL has gone there as assistant aswell

Well at least they will have someone to put out the cones and be ignored by their players when warming up.

• Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    That doesn't sound promising...

"I'd rather have a happy Ricky than an unhappy Ricky" - he's not sure if he wants to stay and he's gone if he wants to leave
    "One or two clubs made bids but I won't say who" - up your offer Sheff U and we'll talk
  • 'more than one club' nice way to keep Sheff Utd on their toes..

for what it's worth I expect him to sign a new contract and stay, suspect he'll sign a 3 year deal
  • Scoham said:
    That doesn't sound promising...

"I'd rather have a happy Ricky than an unhappy Ricky" - he's not sure if he wants to stay and he's gone if he wants to leave
    "One or two clubs made bids but I won't say who" - up your offer Sheff U and we'll talk
    Agreed, thought the same when I read it. Definitely doesn't seem as confident as before.
  • FAVADDICK said:

I imagine there will be a fee he's still under contract with us

I suspect taxation will determine the most appropriate fee - RD is pretty keen on managing his tax if Metexis is anything to go by.
  • Scoham said:

“I’d rather have a happy Ricky Holmes than an unhappy Ricky Holmes. We’ve got to make sure a player is in a good place and make sure we get that right."

And there we have the excuse for when he's sold.
  • To be fair. There is only so much the club can do. If he won't sign an extension then it's only sensible to take the money.

It's a fact of life that sometimes players want out for all sorts of reasons.

Hopefully he'll sign shortly.
  • At his age I would guess the length of contract will be the most important
  • This

At his age I would guess the length of contract will be the most important

• Redhenry said:

This

At his age I would guess the length of contract will be the most important

I'd heard 4 years was on the table