Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Maddison talk gone quiet. Shame.
  • A lot of people are saying that Holmes is gonna go but the Sheff Utd rumours have seriously gone quiet of late?

That's because he is off to Madrid in a straight swap for Ronaldo.
  • I must admit I am delighted with Pearce signing a new contract. I hold my hands up and state I didn't think he was all that good however Our performances turned around dramatically towards the end of the season and this was largely attributable to a solid defence marshalled by him.

So far so good

Hoping Da Silva is coming back for the season. Think he is going to be a superstar but A season with us and hopefully getting promoted with us what to do both parties very good.
  • Think pearce is great news probably carrying an injury early season. Look better in latter games.
  • I hope we get rid of Tex, high wages and no where near as good as he thinks he is, is our 3rd best CB

What a strange comment......"not as good as he thinks he is"......what makes you say that, has he ever openly expressed that he thinks he's a great player or boasted about his abilities?
    I've not heard it mentioned anywhere.
    I meant in the ball playing sense, you shouldn't try risky/ambitious passes if you don't have the ability to
  • Fleetwood Town have withdrawn contract offers to Conor McLaughlin, David Ball & Jimmy Ryan. #ftfc #Codarmy pic.twitter.com/Cwgw5wobyM

— Football League Zone (@TheFLZone) June 20, 2017
  • Fleetwood Town have withdrawn contract offers to Conor McLaughlin, David Ball & Jimmy Ryan. #ftfc #Codarmy pic.twitter.com/Cwgw5wobyM

Any of those three would get into our team.
  • Are they all out of contract or are they just looking to extend their deals?
  • WHy would they withdraw contracts?
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:

WHy would they withdraw contracts?

Taking too long to decide so its a case of "Sod Ya"
  • J BLOCK said:

Contract offers not contracts.

Maybe they feel the players are messing them about and only want players who are committed Maybe they have found alternatives. Maybe they are just trying to force them to sign, maybe they are playing to the gallery and letting fans and agents know they won't be messed about.

Say hello, wave goodbye...

Any of those three would get into our team.

I don't think so. Ball yes but other two probably not. Solly over McLaughlin all day.
  • J BLOCK said:

Contract offers not contracts.

Maybe they feel the players are messing them about and only want players who are committed Maybe they have found alternatives. Maybe they are just trying to force them to sign, maybe they are playing to the gallery and letting fans and agents know they won't be messed about.
    Yes I got that
  • Apparently one to a Championship team, one just wants to move on and the third didn't turn up for training so they expect him to go as well.
  • The Solly from a few years ago I'd agree but McLaughlin was arguably the best right back in league 1 last year.

He'll go up a division. Very good player
  • Rudd to PNE done.
  • Sponsored links:

• FAVADDICK said:

Looks like vetokele to stvv on a perm this week

That is what I heard.

• dickplumb said:

FAVADDICK said:

Looks like vetokele to stvv on a perm this week

That is what I heard.

Is there a fee involved ? Don't tell me..........undisclosed.
  • If Igor is joining STVV then it is probably on a free as Roland is selling up........hopefully.......and that would help him maximise his return.
  • So are we now a feeder club to STTV?
  • It'd actually be good to see him transfer some of this wastes to STVV, try to return the investment in them as well as selling us.
  • are there FFP rules in Belgium?

If not, then I think I am right in saying the second year in League One makes FFP rules tighter and RD runs a risk of having to stick in real equity this year.

As such, I could see a scenario where STVV pay, say, £10M, Charlton get a boost in income meaning not such big losses to cover through equity, meanwhile STVV make bigger losses, but they can be funded through debt rather than equity...

Well it's a conspiracy theory rather than a rumour, entirely made up but plausible subject to Belgium FFP rules and ultimately would not bother me as we would not be increasing our debt, STVV would be increasing theirs.