Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Can someone help me with a question?

Let's assume we play 4-2-3-1.... does it matter if one is left-footed or right-footed at various midfield positions? Or do teams just put their best players out there regardless of whether they are left or right footed?

Cuz it seems all the good midfielders available this transfer market are right-footed and I wonder if this limits our options.

Thanks.

Depends on how KR wants to play. With the two on the flanks, of the 3, it depends if he wants them to be old school wingers. Hugging touchline, beating full back and crossing on stronger foot (LM/RM).

Or you have two wingers that cut in, to the middle of the pitch. Ricky Holmes on the left, cutting inside and being involved in all build up play, and vice versa on the other side. (Like when Gudmondsson started on the right, and cut in).

Both have pros and cons, just depends on how wide he wants to make the pitch in passages of play, or if he wants to keep narrow.
  • Scoham said:

FAVADDICK said:

Harry forrester from rangers being linked an attacking midfielder who can also play left wing

Link http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/06/19/por-rangers-winger-forrester-eyed-by-charlton/

Alternative to Reeves? Another attacking midfield signing doesn't suggest Ceballos is likely to play a part this season.
    Why Forrester is available on a free - http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-boss-pedro-caixinha-gets-10619268
  • _nam11 said:

Can someone help me with a question?

Let's assume we play 4-2-3-1.... does it matter if one is left-footed or right-footed at various midfield positions? Or do teams just put their best players out there regardless of whether they are left or right footed?

Cuz it seems all the good midfielders available this transfer market are right-footed and I wonder if this limits our options.

Thanks.

Depends on how KR wants to play. With the two on the flanks, of the 3, it depends if he wants them to be old school wingers. Hugging touchline, beating full back and crossing on stronger foot (LM/RM).

Or you have two wingers that cut in, to the middle of the pitch. Ricky Holmes on the left, cutting inside and being involved in all build up play, and vice versa on the other side. (Like when Gudmondsson started on the right, and cut in).

Both have pros and cons, just depends on how wide he wants to make the pitch in passages of play, or if he wants to keep narrow.
    Thanks !
  • Chicksen signs for Bradford, really hope we get Da Silva now.

Chicksen was our best left back last season and actually had a very good game at Bradford.
    I don't think he was better than Morgan Fox .
    I'm better than Morgan Fox.
    But are you better than Megan Fox?
  • cafc-west said:
    Good move.

Interesting that this contract was signed three weeks ago, according to rumours from good sources at the time, but the announcement was to be delayed until their had been some signings.
  • Good news, but talismanic? Really?

A new contract for Holmes next please.
  • cafc-west said:
    Good move.

Interesting that this contract was signed three weeks ago, according to rumours from good sources at the time, but the announcement was to be delayed until their had been some signings.
    I think we know where this is heading.

Good signing followed by good signing followed by an extended deal for one of our better players leads to....Holmes departure.
  • cafc-west said:
    Good move.

I think we know where this is heading.

Good signing followed by good signing followed by an extended deal for one of our better players leads to....Holmes departure.
    or like Pearce a contract is agreed and it will be announced when signed.
  • Sponsored links:

• A lot of people are saying that Holmes is gonna go but the Sheff Utd rumours have seriously gone quiet of late?
  • cafc-west said:
    good move. leader at the back.
  • A lot of people are saying that Holmes is gonna go but the Sheff Utd rumours have seriously gone quiet of late?

I'll believe it when he signs a new contract.
  • Plenty of activity over the last few days. Maybe they were waiting for a new consignment of pens to arrive, so that they could actually get some deals signed!
  • I think the club are trying to build up some credit in the bank for when Holmes leaves.
  • I think the club are trying to build up some credit in the bank for when Holmes leaves.

I think you could replace when for if.

• It could be that Holmes has been told about the team strengthening plans and promised a genuine push for promotion. He might be happy with the revised contract but is waiting to see if they come good with player recruitment. I think promises have been made in the past to players that never materialised...
  • cafc-west said:

It could be that Holmes has been told about the team strengthening plans and promised a genuine push for promotion. He might be happy with the revised contract but is waiting to see if they come good with player recruitment. I think promises have been made in the past to players that never materialised...

I'm not sure he's that smart! :lol: Just kidding, I hope you're right.
  • Sponsored links:

• If Forrester is as much of a trouble maker as I've read, he'd just be another T.Watt. One T.Watt is enough thanks.
  • edited June 2017
  • cafc-west said:

It could be that Holmes has been told about the team strengthening plans and promised a genuine push for promotion. He might be happy with the revised contract but is waiting to see if they come good with player recruitment. I think promises have been made in the past to players that never materialised...

I think you mean Jóhann Berg Guðmundsson, who signed a new deal because, it was rumoured, that he was told we would be signing some good players, unfortunately for him, he was the good signing
  • Holmes is in Barcelona for his birthday with his girlfriend. I wouldn't start panicking just yet!
  • I would imagine Magennis is now on holiday too after playing in the euro qualifiers for Northern Ireland
  • Holmes is in Barcelona for his birthday with his girlfriend. I wouldn't start panicking just yet!

Espanyol are sniffing around I hear
  • Good news, but talismanic? Really?

A new contract for Holmes next please.

yes
  • I hope we get rid of Tex, high wages and no where near as good as he thinks he is, is our 3rd best CB

What a strange comment......"not as good as he thinks he is"......what makes you say that, has he ever openly expressed that he thinks he's a great player or boasted about his abilities?
    I've not heard it mentioned anywhere.