Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• edited June 2017
    dickplumb said:

According to Ketts there is an imminent arrival. I have no idea who it is.

David Martin, I reckon
  • dickplumb said:

http://www.cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drkish/display.pl?month=201706&date=20170618&time=0454
  • dickplumb said:

Roland
  • Has anybody seen our old friend Martin?
  • edited June 2017

FAVADDICK said:

So does anybody know anything else about the contact with Stephen gleesen then ??

No "contact" just an inquiry to Birmingham through his agent. Gleeson is on honeymoon at present as he has just got married.
    Jesus Christ have we got some kind of just married only transfer criteria.
    Pippa Middleton is rumoured to be the next signing
  • She likes a tackle from behind
  • dickplumb said:

To clarify, he did say there " could" be an imminent arrival....
  • colthe3rd said:

FAVADDICK said:

So does anybody know anything else about the contact with Stephen gleesen then ??

No "contact" just an inquiry to Birmingham through his agent. Gleeson is on honeymoon at present as he has just got married.
    Jesus Christ have we got some kind of just married only transfer criteria.
    Pippa Middleton is rumoured to be the next signing
    Great at the back.
    I'd play (with)her up front.
  • Sponsored links:

• Phillips
    Solly Pearce Bauer Da Silva
    Kashi Konsa
    Marshall Watt Holmes
    Magennis

Our problem has been strength in depth, but that first 11 is considerably better than last season. If we could get 30 games out of Kashi, which is unlikely, then that could be massive for us. Now we've got Marshall i'd be surprised if we also got Reeves. Da Silva can't be too hard to get on another loan deal?
  • Phillips
    Kashi Konsa
    Marshall Watt Holmes
    Magennis

Our problem has been strength in depth, but that first 11 is considerably better than last season. If we could get 30 games out of Kashi, which is unlikely, then that could be massive for us. Now we've got Marshall i'd be surprised if we also got Reeves. Da Silva can't be too hard to get on another loan deal?

I'm not confident we will get one game out of Kashi to be honest.

• Phillips
    Kashi Konsa
    Marshall Watt Holmes
    Magennis

I'm not confident we will get one game out of Kashi to be honest.

I think you may be right
  • Martin, de silva, mavidivi, Maddison, Reeves, centre back from Scotland.

Get these 6 and a decent LB please.
  • Martin, de silva, mavidivi, Maddison, Reeves, centre back from Scotland.

In my opinion don't think we would need Dasilva and another left back, I know Page would be out for the start but why would we have 3 left backs when he is back? We also would need another right back to back up Solly. We need another decent centre midfielder so you can add Gleeson to that list. Getting in Maddison would be incredible but I don't see us spending that kind of money.

Martin, RB, Lindsay, Dasilva, Gleeson, Reeves, Mavididi.

Keep Holmes, Bauer and Pearce. Get Watt and Vetokele fit with a full pre season behind them, maybe at Novak to that as well, and we wouldn't need much else at all if that all happened.

But that's dreamland!
  • Sage said:

Martin, de silva, mavidivi, Maddison, Reeves, centre back from Scotland.

In my opinion don't think we would need Dasilva and another left back, I know Page would be out for the start but why would we have 3 left backs when he is back? We also would need another right back to back up Solly. We need another decent centre midfielder so you can add Gleeson to that list. Getting in Maddison would be incredible but I don't see us spending that kind of money.

Martin, RB, Lindsay, Dasilva, Gleeson, Reeves, Mavididi.

Keep Holmes, Bauer and Pearce. Get Watt and Vetokele fit with a full pre season behind them, maybe at Novak to that as well, and we wouldn't need much else at all if that all happened.

But that's dreamland!
    We might not even need a new RB if Barnes progresses as he has done over the last 12 months, that'll be nice.
  • https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/25936/addicks-boss-puts-midfielder-transfer-plans-hold-kashi-set-hand-pre-season-boost/

“What I’m hearing is that he wants to be at Charlton next season.

“I’ve watched four or five of his games, everybody speaks of his ability.

“I’m really looking forward to welcoming him back. We probably do need another midfielder but I’ll see where Kashi is first.”
  • Scoham said:

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/25936/addicks-boss-puts-midfielder-transfer-plans-hold-kashi-set-hand-pre-season-boost/

“I’m really looking forward to welcoming him back. We probably do need another midfielder but I’ll see where Kashi is first.”

Will the Club shop be stocking "Where's Kashi?" books?
  • Sponsored links:

• Just hope Kashi takes it easy to begin with... Listens to his body and eases back in.

Last thing I'm sure all parties want is for him to throw himself back into training and for another set back to ocure.
  • Scoham said:

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/25936/addicks-boss-puts-midfielder-transfer-plans-hold-kashi-set-hand-pre-season-boost/

Probably part of some Championship/Foreign clubs squad!

Would be very surprised to see him turn out for Charlton in another competitive game.
  • mark marshall is pretty much a done deal - v reliable source

spot on for once, saved a good friend a lot of stick from me.
  • Early excuse for not signing a midfielder then.
  • Scoham said:

Would be very surprised to see him turn out for Charlton in another competitive game.
    Out for the best part of two years, can't see why any Championship would take a chance on him. He did look good but we don't know if that form would have continued over a full season.
  • edited June 2017

Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Out for the best part of two years, can't see why any Championship would take a chance on him. He did look good but we don't know if that form would have continued over a full season.
    He made El Haji Ba look good! That takes some doing.
    this is probably the worst call you've made on this website, sozzles EDIT: I'm an idiot, Covered End Lad has lifted the scales from the eyes
  • Scoham said:

Scoham said:

He made El Haji Ba look good! That takes some doing.
    I think what he meant was because Kashi was so good he carried Ba and made him look okay.
  • Hear hear