Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• dickplumb said:

I have heard it is Nathan Thompson, but could be wrong.

I'd heard that that Thompson wouldn't be happening but who knows. Things can change quickly.
  • Could the second one be Martin ?
  • FAVADDICK said:

Colin hasn't told me anything just common sense really got married 2 weeks ago today so must be on his honeymoon don't know if it's 2 weeks or 3 but guessing it's 2 and a deal was very close before he went away surely Monday or Tuesday could be a day that he comes in

I hope he doesn't return with a groin strain.
  • IIRC the Swindon fans were less than complementary about Thompson this season, so on that basis I'm not bothered.

It's also a good sign if he wasn't promised a starting role, as it should mean we are attempting to build a strong squad at last.

Good early signings. An excellent one and a decent one. The players have been in for fitness checks, unlike last season when they weren't even given a return date.

Let's hope that we are finally being run as a proper football club again.

Sorry had to 'lol'

change Excellent - Good & Good to ok, lets not kid ourselves just yet on the last part about being run properly.
  • I have heard that we have made an enquiry about Stephen Gleeson from Birmingham. Depends on Harry's rebuilding plans there for him to become available and Robinsons ability to persuade him to drop a division to link up with him again.

What big names at the end of their career are out of contract? That'll give us an idea if Gleeson's likely to be available...
  • IIRC the Swindon fans were less than complementary about Thompson this season, so on that basis I'm not bothered.

It's also a good sign if he wasn't promised a starting role, as it should mean we are attempting to build a strong squad at last.

Good early signings. An excellent one and a decent one. The players have been in for fitness checks, unlike last season when they weren't even given a return date.

Let's hope that we are finally being run as a proper football club again.

Really? I thought the players were in for fitness last season as well.
  • Spoke to my mate who's a Swindon fan (he also told me about Ajose signing for them on loan a while before it happened). He said that Thompson to Portsmouth has been a strong rumour for a while.

SLP now reporting that he is heading to Portsmouth.
  • Sponsored links:

• I have heard that we have made an enquiry about Stephen Gleeson from Birmingham. Depends on Harry's rebuilding plans there for him to become available and Robinsons ability to persuade him to drop a division to link up with him again.

Can really see this one happening.. played under Robinson for a few years and when he left, Robinson was desperate for him to stay but couldn't do anything. Gleason fits the profile of experienced, mid to late 20s centre midfielder we need alongside Forster-Caskey in that 4231 formation.

Sign him and Reeves, keep Holmes and that's he starting midfield complete. Just for the extra bodies for the squad, although I can't see us getting many with Crofts, Aribo, Dijksteel etc.
  • Sage said:

I have heard that we have made an enquiry about Stephen Gleeson from Birmingham. Depends on Harry's rebuilding plans there for him to become available and Robinsons ability to persuade him to drop a division to link up with him again.

Can really see this one happening.. played under Robinson for a few years and when he left, Robinson was desperate for him to stay but couldn't do anything. Gleason fits the profile of experienced, mid to late 20s centre midfielder we need alongside Forster-Caskey in that 4231 formation.

Sign him and Reeves, keep Holmes and that's he starting midfield complete. Just for the extra bodies for the squad, although I can't see us getting many with Crofts, Aribo, Dijksteel etc.
    Again like Harry Maguire I wanted us to sign Stephen Gleeson years ago... Be very happy to get him
  • With Thompson going elsewhere, perhaps the way is clear for Lawrie Wilson to re-sign?
  • edited June 2017
    If we were to sign Reeves, added Marshall and keep Holmes, what do we look like up front "3" and "1" in a 4-2-3-1?
  • Liam Lindsay decides against Oxford: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40316140
  • shirty5 said:

Liam Lindsay decides against Oxford: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40316140

Rejected the deal if a change of manager is imminent.

That's us out of the running then!
    Seems like a sensible lad.
  • edited June 2017
    whoaaa, get that guy!

I mean, seriously, the price is just £350k!
  • So does anybody know anything else about the contact with Stephen gleesen then ??
  • whoaaa, get that guy!

I mean, seriously, the price is just £350k!

When you started with "get that guy" I'd assumed it was in the camp sense...
  • Sponsored links:

• shirty5 said:

Liam Lindsay decides against Oxford: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40316140

Rejected the deal if a change of manager is imminent.

That's us out of the running then!
    Could just be an excuse because we have offered him a bigger wage, time will tell
  • More likely he got an offer from Bolton. Although I am not sure I would leave Scotland for Bolton.
  • More likely he got an offer from Bolton. Although I am not sure I would leave Scotland for Bolton.

Think Barnsley are getting him.

Out of the frying pan and into the fire!
  • Please excuse my total non interest in transfers, until the Belgians f*** off.
  • FAVADDICK said:

So does anybody know anything else about the contact with Stephen gleesen then ??

No "contact" just an inquiry to Birmingham through his agent. Gleeson is on honeymoon at present as he has just got married.
  • Couldn't agree more
  • Too verbose.