Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• dickplumb said:

I have heard that one signing will be announced today.

by which Club though?
  • dickplumb said:

Cawley did say 2 deals we was chipping away at so hopefully one of them has come ff and is done. My bet is Marshall.
  • dickplumb said:

I have heard it is Nathan Thompson, but could be wrong.

Would be happy with that signing... Very happy in fact
  • dickplumb said:

I have heard it is Nathan Thompson, but could be wrong.

I'd heard that that Thompson wouldn't be happening but who knows. Things can change quickly.
  • maybe a different Thompson then? Daley's available.
  • May be we're buying both and getting The Thompson Twins ?

Nah we'll end up with the Olsen Twins!!

Hold me now!
  • Sponsored links:

Lies Lies Lies
  • dickplumb said:

• assume these are the two Cawley reference earlier this week then. Would be very happy with both of these and keeping Holmes.
  • Dreamland team based on the rumours we have had...

Martin
    Solly Thompson Pearce Dasilva
    *New* Forster-Caskey
    Marshall Reeves Holmes
    Magennis

Phillips, Konsa, Page, Djiksteel, Clarke, Mavididi, Watt

Doesn't look bad but bloody hell it's unlikely I am guessing
  • Sage said:

Dreamland team based on the rumours we have had...

Martin
    *New* Forster-Caskey
    Marshall Reeves Holmes
    Magennis

Put Djiksteel in alongside JFC... Crofts or Jackson on the bench to replace.

Really see one of Sarr | Vetokele | Ceballos here next season (like when Reza came back two years ago)
  • edited June 2017

Sage said:

Martin
    *New* Forster-Caskey
    Marshall Reeves Holmes
    Magennis

Really see one of Sarr | Vetokele | Ceballos here next season (like when Reza came back two years ago)
    A fit and motivated Igor should easy get 15 plus in league one. I just cant see us keeping him it will be another loan or sale.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:

Martin
    *New* Forster-Caskey
    Marshall Reeves Holmes
    Magennis

A fit and motivated Igor should easy get 15 plus in league one. I just cant see us keeping him it will be another loan or sale.
    The only reason I didn't put Dijksteel alongside him is because I would like us to sign a natural experienced leader, but one who is mid to late 20s.

Can see Igor being here as well but having a bit of Tex situation, where he only plays if we really need it. A fit Igor with a full pre-season behind him has the ability to be the best striker in the league.
  • If we can unload Igor either on a permanent or loan then you won't see his arse for dust.

Don't think the club wants to have to pay all his wages and I don't think he has any desire to pull on our shirt again.

If we see him again it will be because there are absolutely no other options.
  • As long as signings are additions and not replacements for first team players. Unlikely under this lot.
  • Perhaps we have not heard about anything to do with the club is because all the people who should inform us are on holiday, at least we have to think something is happenning
  • ross1 said:

Perhaps we have not heard about anything to do with the club is because all the people who should inform us are on holiday, at least we have to think something is happenning

Good point. Katrien hasn't had a holiday for at least a month.
  • Sage said:

Martin
    *New* Forster-Caskey
    Marshall Reeves Holmes
    Magennis

Theres a NEW Forster-Caskey :-)

this could be like the whole Marcus Bent situation again :-)
  • Sage said:

Sage said:

Martin
    *New* Forster-Caskey
    Marshall Reeves Holmes
    Magennis

The only reason I didn't put Dijksteel alongside him is because I would like us to sign a natural experienced leader, but one who is mid to late 20s.

Can see Igor being here as well but having a bit of Tex situation, where he only plays if we really need it. A fit Igor with a full pre-season behind him has the ability to be the best striker in the league.
    Very true... Martin | Solly | Pearce | Magennis would be our sole experienced regular starters...

Need someone to lead the Midfield!!
  • Gary Doherty and Miguel Llera are coming out of retirement to bring back their comedy double act to keep the fans amused.

Matey Holland will be in charge of laundry given that his shorts were never dirty.

Putting Matty in charge of the laundry vans would be a positive in my eyes. Is anyone getting that Groundhog day feeling yet - just waiting for transfer deadline day when the old we couldn't quite get the transfers we wanted across the line excuse.
  • dickplumb said:

Is some lucky creditor getting their cheque signed?