Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Options
    He will be 30 in December & scored about 1 in 4 during a 2 yr spell at Bradford.

Goalscoring record was decent when out on loan EIGHT years ago.

jeez - is this what they call "a sign of intent"

at least he passes the CL height test
  • Options

Decent signing

disagree, poor one IMO, has never scored goals and is now 30 odd
  • Options
    Bermondsey Bantam:

"Omg apparently they're paying a fee haha" :lol:
  • Options
    A goal every five games
  • Options
    Strange signing but as we saw last season it's not just about bringing in players with good stats. Magennis did far more for us than Ajose.

Not sure how a 5 ft 7 striker fits into a 4-2-3-1, I imagine he's coming in as a squad player rather than automatic first choice.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Strange signing but as we saw last season it's not just about bringing in players with good stats. Magennis did far more for us than Ajose.

Not sure how a 5 ft 7 striker fits into a 4-2-3-1, I imagine he's coming in as a squad player rather than automatic first choice.

Sounds like he's better suited to playing just behind a big man. Might've been a back up option to Reeves.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off that Bradford thread:
    "The technical side of the game, Billy is very good at it - he's got a nice touch, can find a pass, but the problem is that his goal scoring record for a 'striker' is woeful - he's more of a CAM, an inconsistent one at that. "
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    LouisMend said:

A couple more tweets from my comprehensive scouting report.

Are you excited that we may have unearthed the next Simon Church?
  • Options
    4 goals last season, so sounds like a Charlton striker
  • Options
    Billy Clarke - Done deal - Medical tomorrow - All terms agreed
    Mark Marshall - Off to Millwall

From a very very reliable source at Bradford
  • Options
    Don't rate him, hopefully he'll just be a backup number 10 for us.
  • Options
    So after waiting nearly six weeks for a signing we get Billy Clarke.
    Wow just wow
  • Options
    He played regularly for Bradford all season, a top 6 team, so clearly the management there rated him. Bradford weren't prolific scorers though, only 2 more than us
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    FAVADDICK said:

mark marshall is pretty much a done deal - v reliable source

I hope your right palarsehunter is it a very good source?
    through a freind who is related to someone at the club, so if it proves to be bs then ill give him pelters
  • Options
    jeez
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    He might have the same agent as Roger Johnson.
  • Options
    "Striker" 7 goals in a season when his team finished top 6, let joy be unconfined. All we need to hear next is that 'he is seen as the replacement for a northbound Ricky Holmes' and we'll have the bar set for the coming season.
    Welcome Billy, may your stay in SE7 be productive and enjoyable for all concerned.
  • Options
    Still remember his miss at Wembley last month.
  • Options
    Might not even be a starter... Could be one of those experienced options to come off the bench.

Reason I say is if he's supposed to be a No.10 where does that leave us in our pursuit of Ben Reeves?
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    My mate who is a Bradford season ticket holder (coming in handy this summer) says that Clarke usually plays behind the strikers links attack and midfield. Says he can go missing in games and isn't that bothered about him leaving (he's distarught at the possibility of Marshall leaving). I can imagine him being signed for that number 10 role but my mate says he plays better behind 2 striker and he is a good player that doesn't really fit into most formations.

Edit: My mate was talking bout Clarke not himself