Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• When I go on the latter thread, I like anyone who is saying they are not going to renew their season ticket until the current "management" (I use the word loosely) has gone. I strongly believe starving the club of money will be the thing that finally forces Douchbag out. Yet by doing this, we are undoubtedly making sure that Jimmy Tarbuck will not be able to sign any of the players he has identified as the ones who will form the basis of a promotion challenging team as there is no money for him to sign those players. (Especially as it looks fairly clear that Douchbag will not put his hand in his pocket to do it).

Not sure about this. Even if 5000 don't buy S/Ts then that is (approximately) 5000 x average £200 or £1M. In the scheme of things that's not a massive amount of money against the running costs and existing debt. Will it really force him to sell up?
  • Tata Ricky: (

The longer he goes without signing the more likely he is to bugger off.
  • I wouldn't be so bothered about no signings if Robinson hadn't said he'd have at least four before he went away.

Also I suspect the big fuss about offering Holmes a new deal is to tempt lapsed season ticket holders to decide to renew their seat before it goes on sale on Monday.

Is that the seat or Holmes?!
  • cafc-west said:

When I go on the latter thread, I like anyone who is saying they are not going to renew their season ticket until the current "management" (I use the word loosely) has gone. I strongly believe starving the club of money will be the thing that finally forces Douchbag out. Yet by doing this, we are undoubtedly making sure that Jimmy Tarbuck will not be able to sign any of the players he has identified as the ones who will form the basis of a promotion challenging team as there is no money for him to sign those players. (Especially as it looks fairly clear that Douchbag will not put his hand in his pocket to do it).

Not sure about this. Even if 5000 don't buy S/Ts then that is (approximately) 5000 x average £200 or £1M. In the scheme of things that's not a massive amount of money against the running costs and existing debt. Will it really force him to sell up?
    and the fact that we got over £7m for Lookman just 5 months ago & didn't spend any of it, Therefore the lack of money can not be the problem.
  • He is under contract right now is he not?
    Make the offer after the transfer window closes.
  • seth plum said:

He is under contract right now is he not?
    Make the offer after the transfer window closes.

Just say no.

He can leave next year.
  • J BLOCK said:

Kermogant mark 2.

Leak contract offer then say "we tried" when he leaves.

As I've said previously, I've got it from a good source that this contract offer is paltry.

Spot on.
  • Could Declan Rudd be returning? Angus Gunn has joined Norwich from City on a season long loan. The David Martin talk has gone a bit quiet too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Could Declan Rudd be returning? Angus Gunn has joined Norwich from City on a season long loan. The David Martin talk has gone a bit quiet too.

Fairly sure he'll end up at Preston.
  • its the hope that kills you isnt it ?

always resolve not to read this thread ,cant resist and end up depressed reading pages of ....well nothingness

• Thomas Driesen is on the case, everything will be
  • mark marshall is pretty much a done deal - v reliable source

I hope your right palarsehunter is it a very good source?
  • Mark marshall and Ricky Holmes in the same team ? I'm not sure. Would show a good sign of intention if it should happen

rumours he's off to millwall on Twitter
  • Marshall would be a decent start
  • Sign of intent signing Marshall? Lol.
  • Sponsored links:

• FAVADDICK said:

mark marshall is pretty much a done deal - v reliable source

I hope your right palarsehunter is it a very good source?
    Lea and Perrin
  • wmcf123 said:

Tedious , beyond belief . After the last two dire summers (and probably 7 out of the last 9) , I can't believe anyone is really expecting anything exciting

This
  • Cawley saying no news of incoming only that Holmes been offered a contract.

Meanwhile we wait on the Bowyer and Jackson announcements
  • Very exciting. Might buy another fantasy season ticket.
  • markmc68 said:

Mark marshall and Ricky Holmes in the same team ? I'm not sure. Would show a good sign of intention if it should happen

They played in the same Barnet team.
  • Decent signing
  • Bad news guys: he doesn't have a highlights reel on YouTube.