Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Options
    Crap. Was hoping to get Leonard. Can't believe the bids are £300k. Would need to get at least twice that to get him. And he is better in the midfield than anyone we have and still has a good 4-5 years in front of him.

http://the72.co.uk/82746/southend-mid-not-leaving/
  • Options
    We won't be making any signings until the end of the transfer window when other clubs have completed theirs and players realise there is no where else to go!
  • Options
    Beardface said:

Beardface said:

PopIcon said:

FAVADDICK said:

He's very prone to a mistake and I would say not solid enough he's not a leader in which we need next to Pearce

I agree, another overrated player. I honestly think that some of our fans watch with shit in their eyes. I remember some people saying he was one of the best defenders in the league during his first season in the Championship.
    I think he was one of our best defenders in the Championship. But I'd also say he's been poor in League 1 this year with half arsed performances in a free-falling team. Not sure he's as big a loss as some make out and if shifting him from the wage bill and getting a reasonable fee in it could be worth taking the deal - subject to quality of replacements etc.

He is dangerous at the other end and has chipped in with goals which are valuable. Especially in our team!
    Nowhere near one of the best defenders in the Championship, also sent off twice in 4 months for silly professional fouls too before getting injured. He's got potential though

I'd be happy if he stayed, but it depends on his wages. He's still a decent player, and will get better too. You get the feeling that unlike some of our other imports, he fitted in well with the team culture and the British lads, which does help.
    I said one of our best defenders. Our squad in the last year of championship included Sarr, Williams, Lennon, Johnson at CB amongst others. Bauer played mainly at the start of the season if memory serves. I couldn't find the season player ratings unfortunately but would bet he's one of the higher scored defenders for the 2015/16 season.

*Edit: having now found the 2015/16 statbank Baeur was the joint fourth highest rated player in the squad behind Diarra, Pope and Kashi (joint with Lookman)

forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/73397/statbank-the-championship-season-2015-16
    Sorry missed that word :smile:

Our best CBs that season would have been Diarra, Tex and Fanni. Fanni played many games when not fit, which will have affected his ratings, but once fit was clearly a quality player as shown by the fact he left us to go back to Marseille where he's been a regular starter.
  • Options
    When are the players due back? Aren't they supposed to be back before every other team in the country? Will be pretty depressing if we have signed no one by the time they start pre-season
  • Options
    edited June 2017

This signing concludes the first phase of our recruitment in this window. I am thrilled that we have been able to secure the signings of our genuine first choice targets in each of the highlighted positions. We now have the foundations of a strong squad before the players return for pre-season training on 26th June.”

Read more at http://www.cambridge-united.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/cambridge-united-complete-signing-of-goalkeeper-dimitar-mitov-3728909.aspx#BKmxjOHxTu3HHgLI.99

So Cambridge has completed their first stage of signings for the new season & secure their first choice targets..................meanwhile we have signed no-one, nada, nothing, zilch - even though we were told that this close season was going to be different & that we were going to sign players early.

Well done Ms Meire & Mr Robinson. I take my hat off to you. Your incompetence is outstanding.
  • Options

wmcf123 said:

Beardface said:

Beardface said:

PopIcon said:

FAVADDICK said:

He's very prone to a mistake and I would say not solid enough he's not a leader in which we need next to Pearce

I agree, another overrated player. I honestly think that some of our fans watch with shit in their eyes. I remember some people saying he was one of the best defenders in the league during his first season in the Championship.
    I think he was one of our best defenders in the Championship. But I'd also say he's been poor in League 1 this year with half arsed performances in a free-falling team. Not sure he's as big a loss as some make out and if shifting him from the wage bill and getting a reasonable fee in it could be worth taking the deal - subject to quality of replacements etc.

He is dangerous at the other end and has chipped in with goals which are valuable. Especially in our team!
    Nowhere near one of the best defenders in the Championship, also sent off twice in 4 months for silly professional fouls too before getting injured. He's got potential though

I'd be happy if he stayed, but it depends on his wages. He's still a decent player, and will get better too. You get the feeling that unlike some of our other imports, he fitted in well with the team culture and the British lads, which does help.
    I said one of our best defenders. Our squad in the last year of championship included Sarr, Williams, Lennon, Johnson at CB amongst others. Bauer played mainly at the start of the season if memory serves. I couldn't find the season player ratings unfortunately but would bet he's one of the higher scored defenders for the 2015/16 season.
    He was good alongside Diarra. Less so with Nobby Sarr
    Be fair. Playing alongside Sarr would make anyone look hopeless.
    Yes- funnily enough , that is what I was getting at !
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    When can we start playing KR excuses bingo?
  • Options
    I watched the totally threadbare squad on the internet playing those pre season games in Austria. The Austria trip that Slade had been getting excited about. We were very poor.
    I expect the same kind of thing to happen this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

When are the players due back? Aren't they supposed to be back before every other team in the country? Will be pretty depressing if we have signed no one by the time they start pre-season

They were in for fitness tests today and tomorrow, and then back next week for more fitness tests, I believe
  • Options

You have it all wrong.

There is no point buying somebody now and wasting a months wages for them doing nothing. There will be a flood of new players on the opening day of pre-season training.
  • Options

This signing concludes the first phase of our recruitment in this window. I am thrilled that we have been able to secure the signings of our genuine first choice targets in each of the highlighted positions. We now have the foundations of a strong squad before the players return for pre-season training on 26th June.”

Read more at http://www.cambridge-united.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/cambridge-united-complete-signing-of-goalkeeper-dimitar-mitov-3728909.aspx#BKmxjOHxTu3HHgLI.99

So Cambridge has completed their first stage of signings for the new season & secure their first choice targets..................meanwhile we have signed no-one, nada, nothing, zilch - even though we were told that this close season was going to be different & that we were going to sign players early.

Well done Ms Meire & Mr Robinson. I take my hat off to you. Your incompetence is outstanding.
    You're getting boring now.
    Now? Are you new?
  • Options

You have it all wrong.

There is no point buying somebody now and wasting a months wages for them doing nothing. There will be a flood of new players on the opening day of pre-season training.
    I think someone is jesting...
  • Options
    it's only a matter of time.
  • Options
    I thought things were bad last season.....
  • Options

You say 'depressing', i say 'completely expected'
  • Options

You say 'depressing', i say 'completely expected'
    Our expectations keep getting lower!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Come to The Valley Roland's car park and see the future Premier League bottom end Championship players of the future.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    We are playing the waiting game. The plan is to sell him at 10.55pm on transfer deadline day with no replacement signed.
  • Options

The irony Golfie us that you are one of a very small number that have renewed a season ticket, yet you seem the most frustrated (and, frankly surprised) that we have not signed players.

Those of us that have held off buying one (and I'm probably mainly talking about those that had one last season) did so because we were going to make our decision based on the squad available. You seem to have decided to go, regardless - and I have no issue with that, at all, but you are sounding like you are not happy with what you have bought into.

Whereas most of us on here are not, in the slightest, surprised by the promises to get many players in early and then sign, literally, no players, at all!
    he hasn't and won't be

• Options
    For my sins I check in on this thread everyday. Have to agree with someone earlier that our summer transfer dealings get worse every year. So much for learning from their mistakes.
  • Options

The irony Golfie us that you are one of a very small number that have renewed a season ticket, yet you seem the most frustrated (and, frankly surprised) that we have not signed players.

Those of us that have held off buying one (and I'm probably mainly talking about those that had one last season) did so because we were going to make our decision based on the squad available. You seem to have decided to go, regardless - and I have no issue with that, at all, but you are sounding like you are not happy with what you have bought into.

Whereas most of us on here are not, in the slightest, surprised by the promises to get many players in early and then sign, literally, no players, at all!
    he hasn't and won't be

Just to be clear - I haven't YET & will only be renewing if they don't sell Ricky Holmes and then only my son's ticket as its £100 and better value for money than paying a tenner a match (and the odd "game for a fiver"). I will then pay on a match by match basis. If they sell Holmes then I've told him we'll go to Welling, or even W Ham (so he can see some Premiership football)- by God he deserves it after the dross he's had to witness recently.
  • Options
    It does seem very OTT at present, yes we haven't made any signings but its still first week of June. Yes we have very inept owners but i wouldn't panic just yet, maybe come end of July/August when we are nearer the new season then we can be very worried.

As ever i remain hopeful but don't expect us to be happy after the summer window.
  • Options
    edited June 2017

It does seem very OTT at present, yes we haven't made any signings but its still first week of June. Yes we have very inept owners but i wouldn't panic just yet, maybe come end of July/August when we are nearer the new season then we can be very worried.

As ever i remain hopeful but don't expect us to be happy after the summer window.

A year ago today Slade was announced as new manager and given a 3 year contract. No new signings had come in back then, so you are right about not to panic, but once again the Liverpool Lip has opened his north and south, at the end of April, saying that a certain amount of players would be signed before he went on his holidays and 2 were watching the last home game.

Players signed: 0

This from the person who has stated in the past that's it's unfair to get the fans expectations up!
  • Options
    No news is despressing but in saying that if Robinson had already signed in players who then prove to be rubbish, he would get a lot of stick, rightly so.
    I'm hoping time has been taken to find the right players which is why nobody has been signed yet and hope those players are stupid enough to sign, because we need them.