Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Options
    wmcf123 said:

FAVADDICK said:

FAVADDICK said:

He's very prone to a mistake and I would say not solid enough he's not a leader in which we need next to Pearce

But he's much better than whoever is signed as his replacement

It all depends who we get in if nathen Thompson is his replacement to partner Pearce or is Liam Lindsey comes in I would personally say they are better but that's just my opinion

Bauer is quality . Who are these two you mention ? I doubt anyone has seen much of them.
    Nathen Thompson was swindons captain for many years and Liam Lindsey is a top talent at Partick thistle who is available for 750k a lot of teams after him going to be a full international
  • Options
    FAVADDICK said:

FAVADDICK said:

He's very prone to a mistake and I would say not solid enough he's not a leader in which we need next to Pearce

It all depends who we get in if nathen Thompson is his replacement to partner Pearce or is Liam Lindsey comes in I would personally say they are better but that's just my opinion

The grass isn't always greener and we've signed neither of those players as yet
  • Options
    No it isn't but we need solid defenders who are leaders we could do with 4 Pearces along the back line
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    wmcf123 said:

FAVADDICK said:

FAVADDICK said:

Bauer is quality . Who are these two you mention ? I doubt anyone has seen much of them.
    THIS. Might have made a few mistakes, but then show me a central defender who hasn't. If he & Tex leave that will leave a big hole at the back & atm we don't show any sign of signing anyone. Konsa can play there (and is his best position imo) and maybe Lennon too, but they are both young & in-experienced.

And do you really think RD is going to spend £750k on 1 player ?? £750k between 2 or 3 maybe.
  • Options

wmcf123 said:

FAVADDICK said:

FAVADDICK said:

THIS. Might have made a few mistakes, but then show me a central defender who hasn't. If he & Tex leave that will leave a big hole at the back & atm we don't show any sign of signing anyone. Konsa can play there (and is his best position imo) and maybe Lennon too, but they are both young & in-experienced.

And do you really think RD is going to spend £750k on 1 player ?? £750k between 2 or 3 maybe.
    Well he has several times before. Problem is the squad never gets the 2/3/4 more players it needs.
  • Options
    The other problem is I doubt we will be selling players like him for their market value, it will simply about lowering the wage bill.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

John Eves @JEaves_SDAL

Charlton defender Patrick Bauer is keen to return home to Germany. Darmstadt 98 and Union Berlin amongst the clubs interested. #CAFC
    Same nonsense pretend news network from the other day that said the 8th richest man in Spain was taking us over. Account has one follower.

Our BFG stated categorically at the Sponsors' dinner that he loved playing in England & aims to continue doing so.

Not certain whether he meant at Charlton though but THINK that was the case.
  • Options
    Well Nathan Thompson had better be as good as Chris Perry to fill in at centreback because they are the same size. With Solly and Dasilva as full back we will get out of this division no trouble. Forest Green is a great ground for an awayday.
  • Options
    FAVADDICK said:

I agree, another overrated player. I honestly think that some of our fans watch with shit in their eyes. I remember some people saying he was one of the best defenders in the league during his first season in the Championship.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PopIcon said:

FAVADDICK said:

I agree, another overrated player. I honestly think that some of our fans watch with shit in their eyes. I remember some people saying he was one of the best defenders in the league during his first season in the Championship.
    I think he was one of our best defenders in the Championship. But I'd also say he's been poor in League 1 this year with half arsed performances in a free-falling team. Not sure he's as big a loss as some make out and if shifting him from the wage bill and getting a reasonable fee in it could be worth taking the deal - subject to quality of replacements etc.

He is dangerous at the other end and has chipped in with goals which are valuable. Especially in our team!
  • Options

LouisMend said:

John Eves @JEaves_SDAL

Charlton defender Patrick Bauer is keen to return home to Germany. Darmstadt 98 and Union Berlin amongst the clubs interested. #CAFC
    Same nonsense pretend news network from the other day that said the 8th richest man in Spain was taking us over. Account has one follower.

Our BFG stated categorically at the Sponsors' dinner that he loved playing in England & aims to continue doing so.

Not certain whether he meant at Charlton though but THINK that was the case.
    He said similar in a press conference in the latter part of last season but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.
  • Options

Well Nathan Thompson had better be as good as Chris Perry to fill in at centreback because they are the same size. With Solly and Dasilva as full back we will get out of this division no trouble. Forest Green is a great ground for an awayday.

Not actually disagreeing but surely would be the smallest back 4 ever though
  • Options

Not actually disagreeing but surely would be the smallest back 4 ever though
    I think you will find harveys-gardener was taking the proverbial, meaning with that back line we will be relegated
  • Options
    sorry if this has already been mentioned but just had it on good authority Jake Wright this week for an undisclosed fee.
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:

sorry if this has already been mentioned but just had it on good authority Jake Wright this week for an undisclosed fee.

This was on one of those fake accounts. What's your good authority?
  • Options
    Who the hell is Jake Wright?
  • Options

Not the Jake Wright?
  • Options

Defender signed for Sheffield United last summer from Oxford... Played 30-times as they went on to win the League...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    dickplumb said:

cfgs said:

dickplumb said:

I think there is a good reason why no players have joined yet.

Because we haven't bought any yet? ;)
    Correct.

Any legs on this ?
  • Options
    So a fake Twitter account is 'good authority'?
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:

Ex Crawley and Oxford yea!
  • Options

Defender signed for Sheffield United last summer from Oxford... Played 30-times as they went on to win the League...
    Yeah right...........signed last year, gets promoted & decides he wants to stay in League One with a basket-case club with no ambition.

Only way he would be coming to us if it was in part exchange for Holmes.........
    I guess its the same scenario in a sense to Jason Pearce signing for us last season.

But thats because he wanted to move back South wasnt it?
  • Options
    Beardface said:

PopIcon said:

FAVADDICK said:

I think he was one of our best defenders in the Championship. But I'd also say he's been poor in League 1 this year with half arsed performances in a free-falling team. Not sure he's as big a loss as some make out and if shifting him from the wage bill and getting a reasonable fee in it could be worth taking the deal - subject to quality of replacements etc.

He is dangerous at the other end and has chipped in with goals which are valuable. Especially in our team!
    Nowhere near one of the best defenders in the Championship, also sent off twice in 4 months for silly professional fouls too before getting injured. He's got potential though

I'd be happy if he stayed, but it depends on his wages. He's still a decent player, and will get better too. You get the feeling that unlike some of our other imports, he fitted in well with the team culture and the British lads, which does help.
  • Options
    Tomorrow is D-Day
  • Options

Tomorrow is D-Day

What's happening??
  • Options

Tomorrow is D-Day

ha ha.

• Options
    FAVADDICK said:

Tomorrow is D-Day

What's happening??