Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Options
    Davo55 said:

FAVADDICK said:

Tomorrow is D-Day

What's happening??
    Think 1944
    our last signing?

• Options

Davo55 said:

FAVADDICK said:

Tomorrow is D-Day

What's happening??
    Think 1944
    our last signing?

And the fee, £19.44 :smiley:
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

FAVADDICK said:

Tomorrow is D-Day

What's happening??
    Think 1944
    Our transfer budget?
  • Options
    1944, three years later we win the FA Cup. Get your bets on for 2020.
  • Options
    So, we're making our first signing tomorrow just before a quarter to 8 in the evening?
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

FAVADDICK said:

Tomorrow is D-Day

What's happening??
    Think 1944
    Season tickets sold?
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

Davo55 said:

FAVADDICK said:

Tomorrow is D-Day

What's happening??
    Think 1944
    Season tickets sold?
    Thats @TCE birth year? ;-)
  • Options
    Dimitar Mitov has joined Cambridge Utd
  • Options

Dimitar Mitov has joined Cambridge Utd

Loan or permanent ?

• Options
    He was released so permanent
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So the usual plan to have zero goalkeepers on the books for the beginning of the season all seems to be running to schedule!
  • Options
    On a 10 year contract at £15,000 per week.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

On a 10 year contract at £15,000 per week.

... rising to £20k per week if/when he gets injured.
  • Options
    Still nothing of any real substance then? Ok bye!
  • Options
    Wow, not a fcuking dickey bird we are signing someone
  • Options

Wow, not a fcuking dickey bird we are signing someone

Nothing adequate on the market.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is the quietest summer transfer window i can ever remember.
    Let's hope it means something
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    where did you hear that ? Unless I've missed something the article you refer to is almost a month old & just mentions we are one of a number of clubs chasing him - has he signed (or going to sign) for someone else ?
  • Options

where did you hear that ? Unless I've missed something the article you refer to is almost a month old & just mentions we are one of a number of clubs chasing him - has he signed (or going to sign) for someone else ?
    I am sure I heard that Scunthorpe have had a bid turned down.
  • Options
    This signing concludes the first phase of our recruitment in this window. I am thrilled that we have been able to secure the signings of our genuine first choice targets in each of the highlighted positions. We now have the foundations of a strong squad before the players return for pre-season training on 26th June.”

Read more at http://www.cambridge-united.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/cambridge-united-complete-signing-of-goalkeeper-dimitar-mitov-3728909.aspx#BKmxjOHxTu3HHgLI.99
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

I have watched Mitov a lot and he is not consistent enough. He will produce the odd blinding save then make a simple mistake. He also doesn't command the area all that well. I think Beeney is the better bet.

I have not seen him play a lot, but from everything I've gathered, including excellent reports from you, he seems like a goalkeeper who is a very good shot stopper but doesn't do the other things particularly well, and has a mistake in him.

To be fair to him he's still what, 20? In other circumstances he might get another year but goalkeeper is one are where we seem to have a lot of young talent.

Do you rate Ashley Maynard-Brewer?
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

dickplumb said:

I have watched Mitov a lot and he is not consistent enough. He will produce the odd blinding save then make a simple mistake. He also doesn't command the area all that well. I think Beeney is the better bet.

I have not seen him play a lot, but from everything I've gathered, including excellent reports from you, he seems like a goalkeeper who is a very good shot stopper but doesn't do the other things particularly well, and has a mistake in him.

To be fair to him he's still what, 20? In other circumstances he might get another year but goalkeeper is one are where we seem to have a lot of young talent.

Do you rate Ashley Maynard-Brewer?

Brewers Fayre
  • Options
    edited June 2017

Beardface said:

PopIcon said:

FAVADDICK said:

He's very prone to a mistake and I would say not solid enough he's not a leader in which we need next to Pearce

I agree, another overrated player. I honestly think that some of our fans watch with shit in their eyes. I remember some people saying he was one of the best defenders in the league during his first season in the Championship.
    I think he was one of our best defenders in the Championship. But I'd also say he's been poor in League 1 this year with half arsed performances in a free-falling team. Not sure he's as big a loss as some make out and if shifting him from the wage bill and getting a reasonable fee in it could be worth taking the deal - subject to quality of replacements etc.

He is dangerous at the other end and has chipped in with goals which are valuable. Especially in our team!
    Nowhere near one of the best defenders in the Championship, also sent off twice in 4 months for silly professional fouls too before getting injured. He's got potential though

I'd be happy if he stayed, but it depends on his wages. He's still a decent player, and will get better too. You get the feeling that unlike some of our other imports, he fitted in well with the team culture and the British lads, which does help.
    I said one of our best defenders. Our squad in the last year of championship included Sarr, Williams, Lennon, Johnson at CB amongst others. Bauer played mainly at the start of the season if memory serves. I couldn't find the season player ratings unfortunately but would bet he's one of the higher scored defenders for the 2015/16 season.

*Edit: having now found the 2015/16 statbank Baeur was the joint fourth highest rated player in the squad behind Diarra, Pope and Kashi (joint with Lookman)

forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/73397/statbank-the-championship-season-2015-16
  • Options
    Beardface said:

Beardface said:

PopIcon said:

FAVADDICK said:

He's very prone to a mistake and I would say not solid enough he's not a leader in which we need next to Pearce

I agree, another overrated player. I honestly think that some of our fans watch with shit in their eyes. I remember some people saying he was one of the best defenders in the league during his first season in the Championship.
    I think he was one of our best defenders in the Championship. But I'd also say he's been poor in League 1 this year with half arsed performances in a free-falling team. Not sure he's as big a loss as some make out and if shifting him from the wage bill and getting a reasonable fee in it could be worth taking the deal - subject to quality of replacements etc.

He is dangerous at the other end and has chipped in with goals which are valuable. Especially in our team!
    Nowhere near one of the best defenders in the Championship, also sent off twice in 4 months for silly professional fouls too before getting injured. He's got potential though

I'd be happy if he stayed, but it depends on his wages. He's still a decent player, and will get better too. You get the feeling that unlike some of our other imports, he fitted in well with the team culture and the British lads, which does help.
    I said one of our best defenders. Our squad in the last year of championship included Sarr, Williams, Lennon, Johnson at CB amongst others. Bauer played mainly at the start of the season if memory serves. I couldn't find the season player ratings unfortunately but would bet he's one of the higher scored defenders for the 2015/16 season.
    He was good alongside Diarra. Less so with Nobby Sarr