Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Options
    ross1 said:

It's a bit of a game of chicken though.

Using the same numbers, we say, either sign the extension of play for the current contract and walk at the end. Now he's got no real leverage, and if he gets a serious injury or just sulks and plays like crap(see Watt, T), that shiny big deal disappears.

It's only an issue if Roly want the dosh.

Sure but as long as the £4k pw deal is on the table from Charlton he has a deal anyway. If Meire withdraws that deal then the club have one very annoyed player on their hands.
    Although there were rumours that she has done similar previously. I can't remember who it was in the early years.

She said she'd agree a new contract for some months and then finally denied ever saying it.

It was in the Morrison era.
    I thought I remember she was reported to have done the same with Yann, when he left Bournemouth. I read that a fee and wages were agreed and then she changed her mind, and he went to Reading. I am sure there will be someone on here who knows better than me and can correct me if I am wrong.
    heard she did the same to Solly and Cousins.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

It's a bit of a game of chicken though.

Using the same numbers, we say, either sign the extension of play for the current contract and walk at the end. Now he's got no real leverage, and if he gets a serious injury or just sulks and plays like crap(see Watt, T), that shiny big deal disappears.

It's only an issue if Roly want the dosh.

Sure but as long as the £4k pw deal is on the table from Charlton he has a deal anyway. If Meire withdraws that deal then the club have one very annoyed player on their hands.
    Although there were rumours that she has done similar previously. I can't remember who it was in the early years.

She said she'd agree a new contract for some months and then finally denied ever saying it.

It was in the Morrison era.
    I thought I remember she was reported to have done the same with Yann, when he left Bournemouth. I read that a fee and wages were agreed and then she changed her mind, and he went to Reading. I am sure there will be someone on here who knows better than me and can correct me if I am wrong.
    Yes, that was said. Although more likely RD letting down KM.
  • Options
    Also offered Yann less money than he was on when he was with us.
  • Options
    I've been looking at the word R-U-M-O-U-R-S and can see that there is definitely no F in rumours .. SIGN SOMEONE, Please
  • Options
    With the players due in next Monday and Tuesday for a fitness check, we can only hope that KR finally gets some players sorted out: Is Tex and others out, is Holmes signing a new contract, information on our new coaches, Bowyer and JJ, will any players be signed? I know, for us, it is still early in the month, but if he has ALL ( I mean Igor, Ceballos, and Sarr as well) the players, apart from those on international duty, he should be able to get some thinks sorted
  • Options
    Big signing Monday ??
  • Options
    tony1234 said:

Big signing Monday ??

How do you know ?
  • Options
    tony1234 said:

Big signing Monday ??

Long name or an overweight player?
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    ross1 said:

With the players due in next Monday and Tuesday for a fitness check, we can only hope that KR finally gets some players sorted out: Is Tex and others out, is Holmes signing a new contract, information on our new coaches, Bowyer and JJ, will any players be signed? I know, for us, it is still early in the month, but if he has ALL ( I mean Igor, Ceballos, and Sarr as well) the players, apart from those on international duty, he should be able to get some thinks sorted

Vetokele, Cebalos, Sarr, Kashi and Texeiria are going to bleed us dry, and quite frankly I don't blame them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How many of the above will report for training at start of July I wonder?
  • Options
    I have a feeling we may have already missed the boat regarding our number one transfer targets. On the BBC website, the League One team by team summary shows that we are the only club not to have made any changes since the last game of the season!
  • Options
    tony1234 said:

Big signing Monday ??

What .. Tom Hanks is signing on Monday? Been bit old if you ask me.
  • Options

I have a feeling we may have already missed the boat regarding our number one transfer targets. On the BBC website, the League One team by team summary shows that we are the only club not to have made any changes since the last game of the season!

I wouldn't say that is true just yet. Until the priority targets that we know KR is actually interested in (I.e. Marshall, Maddison, Reeves, Da Silva, Martin) actually go somewhere else then there's still hope.

There is without doubt alot of work to be done if we are to land the min 8 targets we need to challenge next yr though
    (Maybe more as many think we also need a ball winning CM). Alot of the players we've been linked with for the positions we need have have not moved yet...

Gk: Martin
    Back up RB: Thompson
    CB: Lindsay
    LB: Da Silva
    WING x 2: Marshall / Maddison
    Creative CM: Reeves
    ST: Ball / Erwin
  • Options
    I think there is a good reason why no players have joined yet.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Takeover ?
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Because we haven't bought any yet? ;)
  • Options
    cfgs said:

dickplumb said:

Because we haven't bought any yet? ;)
    Correct.

• Options
    What do you know then dickplumb ??
  • Options

dickplumb said:

Takeover ?

dickplumb said:

Takeover ?
    Correct.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    dickplumb said:

dickplumb said:

Takeover ?

dickplumb said:

Takeover ?
    Correct.

Seriously? Would there have been no news for so long or is it a case of RD refusing anymore money still it's done regardless of how long it takes.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Because nobody in their right mind would sign for us.
  • Options
    edited June 2017

John Eves @JEaves_SDAL

Charlton defender Patrick Bauer is keen to return home to Germany. Darmstadt 98 and Union Berlin amongst the clubs interested. #CAFC
  • Options

John Eves @JEaves_SDAL

Charlton defender Patrick Bauer is keen to return home to Germany. Darmstadt 98 and Union Berlin amongst the clubs interested. #CAFC
    And so it begins
  • Options
    He's very prone to a mistake and I would say not solid enough he's not a leader in which we need next to Pearce
  • Options
    FAVADDICK said:

He's very prone to a mistake and I would say not solid enough he's not a leader in which we need next to Pearce

But he's much better than whoever is signed as his replacement

• Options

FAVADDICK said:

It all depends who we get in if nathen Thompson is his replacement to partner Pearce or is Liam Lindsey comes in I would personally say they are better but that's just my opinion

• Options
    FAVADDICK said:

FAVADDICK said:

It all depends who we get in if nathen Thompson is his replacement to partner Pearce or is Liam Lindsey comes in I would personally say they are better but that's just my opinion

Bauer is quality . Who are these two you mention ? I doubt anyone has seen much of them.