Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Hasn't previous close seasons with RD taught you anything, you all need to be patient.

KM didn't really mean get players in early, just a small language interpretation error. She meant they will get players in earlier than before, possibly 29th Aug rather than 31st Aug.
  • It does seem very OTT at present, yes we haven't made any signings but its still first week of June. Yes we have very inept owners but i wouldn't panic just yet, maybe come end of July/August when we are nearer the new season then we can be very worried.

As ever i remain hopeful but don't expect us to be happy after the summer window.

Its too late to be signing players just as the season starts - we've seen this before & then half way through the season when we are languishing in mid table (or lower !) the excuses start coming out - the players haven't had time to gel / they didn't get a full pre-season etc etc.

Or have the other teams got it all wrong & its best to wait & see what crap is around in mid-august & sign them up in a panic (ala Crofts & Chicksen)
  • edited June 2017

It does seem very OTT at present, yes we haven't made any signings but its still first week of June. Yes we have very inept owners but i wouldn't panic just yet, maybe come end of July/August when we are nearer the new season then we can be very worried.

As ever i remain hopeful but don't expect us to be happy after the summer window.

Its too late to be signing players just as the season starts - we've seen this before & then half way through the season when we are languishing in mid table (or lower !) the excuses start coming out - the players haven't had time to gel / they didn't get a full pre-season etc etc.

Or have the other teams got it all wrong & its best to wait & see what crap is around in mid-august & sign them up in a panic (ala Crofts & Chicksen)
    Yes i would prefer us to be signing players now, if they were the right players. however no need to panic just yet we have 2 months until the season kicks off. As long as they come in at least a few weeks before that should be enough to get them up to speed and a few pre-season games. It is obvious the earlier we get them in, the better it would be and make the side more settled / gel quicker. However that's just not the RD way, so no point us getting so aggrieved every day there is no signings as its expected.

I have definitely not stated this is correct and all will be fine, but for now no point us worrying too early as we have a long way to go.
  • As last year, if he does not get any new players before they go on tour to Ireland, then what is the point of going, surely, that is the point of pre-season tours
  • It does seem very OTT at present, yes we haven't made any signings but its still first week of June. Yes we have very inept owners but i wouldn't panic just yet, maybe come end of July/August when we are nearer the new season then we can be very worried.

Extremely harsh on Crofts and Chicksen imo
  • Clearly we all misunderstood and thought they meant transfers when they said they would be getting players in early, turns out they were on about current players and fitness tests.

• Next chapter is here! Today I signed a 3years deal with FC Utrecht. I am so delighted that this deal could go thru, and I can now look forward in my career - with a new very very exciting club. Can't wait to meet all my new teammates and people around the club + fans. See you soon
    Will be playing in the Europa League (Play-Offs at least) next season then...
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought players were in for fitness test today and yesterday. But Tony watt is in Italy. We should play a pre season friendly our loaned out players verse first team.
  • My Sheff Utd work mate is adamant Ricky is a done deal...

Boo
  • My Sheff Utd work mate is adamant Ricky is a done deal...

Boo

Facebook says he is in Leeds today - about to sign for them

• Leeds united have opened talks with Charlton over winger Ricky Holmes #lufc #cafc #sufc

— TransferNewsNow (@transfernews191) June 6, 2017

looks like another bedroom fake site though
  • Swisdom said:

My Sheff Utd work mate is adamant Ricky is a done deal...

Boo

They haven't even got a manger at the moment.
  • Swisdom said:

Boo

They have still signed players though. Sounds like Monk's assistant is going to step up anyway. They also have a director of football who is responsible for signing players.
  • Swisdom said:

Boo

We have not had one for three years.
  • Bloody wake up Charlton! !
  • Swisdom said:

Boo

They have still signed players though. Sounds like Monk's assistant is going to step up anyway. They also have a director of football who is responsible for signing players.
    I see Pardew's odds for the job have dropped to 5/1.
  • Sponsored links:

• Obviously a slow day in the newsroom - thought we had offered him a new contract weeks ago.
  • Tata Ricky: (
  • Complete nothing story really, which I guess highlights the complete lack of activity of inwards transfers!
  • My mistake - I do apologise. I thought you'd already bought your son's ticket. I ready you say a while ago that you were going to and assumed that you meant before he deadline so as to keep your seat.

I also failed to appreciate hat you would only be renewing if you liked the look of the squad. Apologise for that error too.
  • I wouldn't be so bothered about no signings if Robinson hadn't said he'd have at least four before he went away.

Also I suspect the big fuss about offering Holmes a new deal is to tempt lapsed season ticket holders to decide to renew their seat before it goes on sale on Monday.
  • There is, of course, a real dichotomy (sometimes I surprise myself with the big words I know!) between this thread and the "Any new boycotters for this season thread".

When I go on the latter thread, I like anyone who is saying they are not going to renew their season ticket until the current "management" (I use the word loosely) has gone. I strongly believe starving the club of money will be the thing that finally forces Douchbag out. Yet by doing this, we are undoubtedly making sure that Jimmy Tarbuck will not be able to sign any of the players he has identified as the ones who will form the basis of a promotion challenging team as there is no money for him to sign those players. (Especially as it looks fairly clear that Douchbag will not put his hand in his pocket to do it).

Should we therefore all go out and renew our season tickets? Hell no! We've gone a long way down the route of squeezing off his finance lines and we cannot go back now. But equally we have to accept that things are going to get worse on the playing front and that any players we sign for next season are likely to be cheap cast-offs or, more likely, free transfers rather than the sort of player who is mentioned on here as a good signing.
  • Tedious , beyond belief . After the last two dire summers (and probably 7 out of the last 9) , I can't believe anyone is really expecting anything exciting
  • I wonder if that's why he's up north now....because our contract offer was the same salary plus a wagon wheel and curly wurly.