Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Options
    i guess he can play anywhere in the three.
  • Options
    Serious question but could anybody compare the stats between Clarke and Yan when he was 30?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Serious question but could anybody compare the stats between Clarke and Yan when he was 30?

That's like compairing chalk and cheese. Totally different type of players and also positional wise as well
  • Options
    If Bradford had a half decent frontline last season, then they would have gone up automatically. Maybe McCall is not fussed to have a clear out of his frontline/attacking options, as they clearly are not good enough in his opinion to push his club on to the next level.

What Clarke brings to us, who knows. I will reserve judgement until I see him in a red shirt.

• Options

Might not even be a starter... Could be one of those experienced options to come off the bench.

Reason I say is if he's supposed to be a No.10 where does that leave us in our pursuit of Ben Reeves?

As he was a regular at Bradford, I can't see him coming here to be a benchwarmer
  • Options
    Average league one player, hoping he can do well for us though.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Average league one player, hoping he can do well for us though.

For an average league 1 club!

Same shit different season!
  • Options
    So far nothing inspiring me to renew our season tickets.
  • Options
    Just had a text from a Millwall relation of mine. Says he's heard Marshall on way to them. We enquired but Millwall were ahead of the game.
  • Options

Just had a text from a Millwall relation of mine. Says he's heard Marshall on way to them. We enquired but Millwall were ahead of the game.

To be expected, gets his London move and plays in the league above.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

They could sign Messi and even that wouldn't convince me to get a ST
  • Options

Is Roland still the owner? Yes? No renewal.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Clarke is a bit like Reeves, except he's older, can't shoot and doesn't score many goals.

Let's hope we've not got him instead of Reeves. Quite likely though.
  • Options
    Heard a rumour that Churchy is on his way back - bring back Spongefoot!
  • Options

Clarke is a bit like Reeves, except he's older, can't shoot and doesn't score many goals.

Very different players.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Swisdom said:

Bit like comparing my wife to Gaucho steak and the bit on side as a mcdonalds ham burger.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Swisdom said:

That's like compairing chalk and cheese. Totally different type of players and also positional wise as well
    They may be very different players but both are number 10's and not out and out strikers

According to Wiki

Billy Clarke has 66 goalks in 302 games (goal every 4.57 games)
    at the same age Yann had 58 goals in 250 (4.31 games)

• Options
    Altogether now. Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeh!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:

shirty5 said:

Swisdom said:

They may be very different players but both are number 10's and not out and out strikers

According to Wiki

Billy Clarke has 66 goalks in 302 games (goal every 4.57 games)
    at the same age Yann had 58 goals in 250 (4.31 games)

Maybe Paul Hayes would be a better comparison.
  • Options

Happens every year...

- God our Friendly opponents are a bit shit and wont give us much of a challenge
    - Why havent we signed anyone yet
    - "X Player set to sign" ... Oh god not him!!

and look how the last two seasons have panned out.
  • Options

Sorry CE don't agree with you at all, Reeves is quality, only seen Clarke a couple of times and he looks useful but nowhere near the cultured player that is Reeves.
  • Options
    Did Clarke play when Bradford beat Chelsea in the cup?
  • Options
    Was it?
  • Options
    Well seems both of you think Reeves better than Clarke so yes.
  • Options

cfgs said:

Did Clarke play when Bradford beat Chelsea in the cup?

Just looked it up. Came on as a last min sub and got booked.
    Perfect for us then