Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:

If we can just afford to pay for Yann's last season, he can retire happily :wink:

Or we re-sign Yann... Get promoted, he decides he loves the club too much to retire so stays another three years to see us win promotion to the Premier League, win the Premier League and finally win us the Champions League by beating STVV 3-0 (Yann hat trick of course).

*Note throughout this; Roland still doesnt attend a Charlton match
  • Short fat bloke carrying pens spotted near training ground...
  • Dazzler21 said:

If we can just afford to pay for Yann's last season, he can retire happily :wink:

Or we re-sign Yann... Get promoted, he decides he loves the club too much to retire so stays another three years to see us win promotion to the Premier League, win the Premier League and finally win us the Champions League by beating STVV 3-0 (Yann hat trick of course).

*Note throughout this; Roland still doesnt attend a Charlton match or rate Yann
  • Just seen emerging from the West Stand car park.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/7-Nl4JFDLOU/maxresdefault.jpg
  • **Breaking**

Charlton Lido to remain open through September - 'Woolwich news'
  • Scoham said:

Short fat bloke carrying pens spotted near training ground...

Andy Reid coming out of retirement to sign for us?
  • Sponsored links:

• Should beef out the squad...
  • Scoham said:

Short fat bloke carrying pens spotted near training ground...

Andy Reid coming out of retirement to sign for us?
    Reserve goalkeeper, difficult to get past
  • Redhenry said:

i would be happy keeping this squad together and adding a prem/champ player on loan.

But most clubs would stipulate such a player needs to play a few games. Would we relegate Mag and Novak to the bench to accomodata a 20 year old striker in a 4-2-3-1 formation?
  • Short fat bloke carrying pens spotted near training ground...

Fine I'll say it...

AFKA What are you doing near the training ground.

#modrightsrevoked
  • Scoham said:

JamesSeed said:

Scoham said:

Swisdom said:

We've tried to sign the players Robinson wants and they are not available. There is very little point in us signing someone for the sake of signing someone.

If we can't get a keeper then Dillon Phillips stays. Not the best thing for everyone but it is best for the club.

If however novak goes then we must replace him with someone. Seeing as our choices are not available I don't think Novak will go anywhere this window.

So there's literally no one out there that's affordable and could at least compete with Magennis and Novak?
    Sure there are. But do their clubs want to sell them, and do the players themselves want to move?
    Premier League youngsters, Championship reserves, smaller League 1 clubs, League 2, Scotland, abroad, free agents? Must be someone out there more proven than RHF that isn't overpriced? This isn't like the years under Parkinson where the most we could afford was a nominal fee.

I get why someone like Grigg isn't available, but that was always likely to be the case.
    Yes I know what you mean. It's the foreign player option that seems to have gone out of the window, oddly. But maybe our scouting network isn't geared up to recruit overseas, as Dreisen has been ditched (thank God!).
  • Hanlan to Colchester on loan

Good move for him... Be good to see him make the step up after his successful loan at Bromley last season. If Magennis | Novak | RHF get injured... Who is actually fourth choice as Striker now? - Is it some kid studying for his GCSE's as part of the U18 squad?
    Olly from the press team is supposed to be quite good on his day.
  • edited August 2017

if that happens I think I will actually cry

Yann who?
    Actually, as @LouisMend says, it's another dweeb on a fake account...
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2017
    Sorry, the thought of Yann der man powering in a torpedo like header or curling a 25 yarder into the top right hand corner... for... for THEM!

I am gonna go FLAG crazy quite soon!
  • The Yann rumour is from a fake account. Ignore it
  • Devante Cole set for move to Sheff Utd
  • Apparently Man Utd have rejected a few bids from clubs for James Wilson on loan... Bet we werent one of them

Weakens a promotion contender.

Weakens a promotion contender.
    Marvin Johnson joining Middlesbrough from Oxford... another rival weakened!!

That should surely mess them up?
  • JamesSeed said:

Hanlan to Colchester on loan

Good move for him... Be good to see him make the step up after his successful loan at Bromley last season. If Magennis | Novak | RHF get injured... Who is actually fourth choice as Striker now? - Is it some kid studying for his GCSE's as part of the U18 squad?
    Olly from the press team is supposed to be quite good on his day.
    Too short. Matt Wright was a better player.
  • Someone mentioned Billy Bodin (Bristol Rovers) the other day..

Looks set to go to either Preston or Cardiff for up to £300k