Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Be sent out to one of them last minute with Dave Martin signing in a week or two?

i.e. He doesnt have to join today as Free Transfers can move to clubs outside of the transfer window provided they're without a club prior to the Transfer Window closing.
  • I'm kinda thinking that there must still be a slight chance of something happening because the OS hasn't told us otherwise. They have done in the last two Windows havnt they ?

I imagine they'll keep trying to sign someone... the problem at this late stage is other than signing a Premier League youngster there will zero chance of getting someone like Grigg | Akinde | Godden (which I guess is as per Cawley's tweet this morning).

i.e. Every other club are only selling depending on what happens with their own chances i.e.

Tottenham will get Llorente provided that Swansea are able to get Bony from Man City
    Man City will only get Sanchez if its a cash plus player deal or whether Arsenal can get Draxler or Lemar etc.

The further down the Leagues you go the harder it gets and can imagine Wigan | Barnet | Stevenage all refusing to release their Strikers now because they wont be able to find someone else themselves as the risk is greater
    I don't see that being true personally. We have also seen late deals and clubs SHOULD have a replacement targeted. For example, Pulis apparantly has a CB in mind should Evans go today and a winger in mind should Chadli move on. For a club like Barnet, I think they will end up getting a striker in on loan if we were to sign Akinde.

That being said, I don't think we will make a permanent move today, it will only be a loan.
  • shirty5 said:

Transfer deadline day is the football equivalent of rushing in town on Christmas Eve to buy one more shit thing for your dearly beloved.

Unfortunately i think Roland's transfer policy roughly adheres to my Christmas present buying policy... 23.00hrs Christmas Eve, Esso garage, Parker Pen set and whatever box of chocolates is left for under a fiver!
  • shirty5 said:

Transfer deadline day is the football equivalent of rushing in town on Christmas Eve to buy one more shit thing for your dearly beloved.

Unfortunately i think Roland's transfer policy roughly adheres to my Christmas present buying policy... 23.00hrs Christmas Eve, Esso garage, Parker Pen set and whatever box of chocolates is left for under a fiver!
    Yes there must be a pretend striker who is surplus to requirements somewhere in the network so we can get Novak off the wages bill.
  • League Two clubs Barnet and Yeovil are waiting in the wings to take Charlton goalkeeper Dillon Phillips on a season-long loan, News Shopper understands.

Phillips, 22, is in desperate need of regular first-team football after playing second fiddle to Declan Rudd last season.

And Phillips’ game-time will be limited once again with the arrival of Ben Amos, who joined on loan from Bolton for the 2017/18 campaign.

Addicks boss Karl Robinson wants the highly-rated stopper to make a temporary move away from the Valley to gain some valuable minutes.

However, the Liverpudlian has insisted Phillips will not be loaned out if Charlton fail to bring in another goalkeeper to rival Amos.

Former MK Dons stalwart David Martin was training with the Addicks over the summer, but a deal never materialised, and he has since left the club.

MORE: Lapslie dreams of becoming Charlton captain

And at the moment, it looks as though Phillips will be Amos’ understudy this season.

But if the Addicks do sign a goalkeeper before the transfer window closes on Thursday night, then Yeovil and Barnet will try to take Phillips on loan.

Yeovil have conceded 14 goals in their opening four league games, while Barnet have endured a poor start to the season.

Phillips impressed in a previous loan spell with Cheltenham in the 2015/16 campaign, helping the Essex-based club win the National League.
    ...?
    Chelmsford, Cheltenham, Chelsea aren't they all in Essex? Easy mistake to make
    Don't be daft, isn't Chelsea in Sussex, between Bognor and Chichester?

• I reckon a loan deal for a winger (left or right) will do us personally, just to cover Marshall whilst he's out and fully recovers, the youngsters on the fringe seem up for it and will do as cover (Djiksteel/Ahearne-Grant/Aribo), and who knows maybe after the scorcher at Norwich Novak will do a job when or if Magennis is absent.

Must admit I had a rant on here post Plymouth but after what I saw against Northampton and up at Rotherham I'm happy.

Every club will be saying we need this we need that, we're no different.
  • Phillips to Barnet on loan to sweeten a deal for Akinde?

I'd even be happy with that even if it meant risking Maynard-Brewer as backup Goalkeeper till January
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2017

Brendon Hanlon apparently on his way to Colchester. Who needs strikers hey?!

Where is this rumour coming from? - Havent seen anything on twitter etc. about him?
    Saw it elsewhere. Should have paid more attention to who posted it......I just didn't think anyone in their right mind would bother making up a rumour about a youth team player going to Colchester!
  • edited August 2017

Brendon Hanlon apparently on his way to Colchester. Who needs strikers hey?!

Where is this rumour coming from? - Havent seen anything on twitter etc. about him?
    Saw it elsewhere. Should have paid more attention to who posted it......I just didn't think anyone in their right mind would bother making up a rumour about a youth team player going to Colchester!
    Think it originally came from here... or the other way around.
  • I'd let Phillips go out to Barnet if we get Akinde and A N Other goalkeeper
  • Brendon Hanlon apparently on his way to Colchester. Who needs strikers hey?!

No. 1 in South London posted it at 9.22 this morning as a rumour. He usually knows his potatoes :wink:
  • Just a thought on the perceived ease of getting a loan deal done - that can be a value for thing too. I heard Neil Warnock on five live on Monday and he said they enquires about thakingbine young premier league player on loan and were quoted 1 million loan fee and 1 million in wages so 2 million to take a player for a year.

That's Cardiff in the championship so any we're after are likely cheaper than that but it goes to show that it's not necessarily the cheap and cheerful option it's perceived to be.
  • maybe a deal to be done with akinde and phillips as a loanee ?
  • Sponsored links:

• At least we can say we've been involved in Deadline Day... Feels a bit shite on the most over-hyped day on the Football calendar if we're not involved with at least one incoming OR outgoing
  • Hoping this Is not true
  • MrLargo said:

Anyone making an "excuses bingo" card for when Robinson is wheeled out tonight to let us know why we failed to land a striker?

- Disgusted with the way certain clubs and individuals have conducted themselves
    - We had a couple where we had offers accepted but just couldn't get it over the line
    - The squad we've got is more than capable of competing if we don't suffer any unforeseen circumstances
    - We didn't feel it was worth bringing someone in who wasn't an improvement on what we've already got
    - We'll be in a good position to do business in the January transfer window
    - I'm just going to waffle at you constantly until you fall asleep or shoot yourself or forget what I'm actually talking about
    - I can't criticise the backing I've had from the president and CEO, but it's difficult trying to do business at the end of the transfer window

Fully expecting to be suitably infuriated by whatever bullshit he decides to regurgitate on behalf of his paymasters.
    Give a rest FFS
    The truth is a killer, isn't it.
  • Dear god that had better not be true!!... Sell Kashi and get Wright in on a Freebie!!
  • Another fake account. Pissin boring
  • A good move for Hanlan BUT it makes it imperative that we bring in another striker now, as that's 2 of our reserve forwards now out on loan until January
  • Luton apparently in for Godden if Stevenage drop their price.
  • Another fake account. Pissin boring

Hope so... this time of year is Christmas for those idiots with fake accounts!!