Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Hanlan to Colchester on loan

Good move for him... Be good to see him make the step up after his successful loan at Bromley last season. If Magennis | Novak | RHF get injured... Who is actually fourth choice as Striker now? - Is it some kid studying for his GCSE's as part of the U18 squad?

Ideal for him but not for us. Scored a few goals with Bromley, surely worth keeping around unless we sign someone.

Positive. Him getting league football and by situ suggesting we are more likely to bring a striker in
    Scoham said:

Hanlan to Colchester on loan

Ideal for him but not for us. Scored a few goals with Bromley, surely worth keeping around unless we sign someone.
    Sounds like the club are taking their typical approach of shifting players off the wage bill before bringing someone in... the danger of that though is if we dont actually have someone lined up waiting in the wings (like a normal club), we're left short.

Positive. Him getting league football and by situ suggesting we are more likely to bring a striker in
    Scoham said:

Hanlan to Colchester on loan

Sounds like the club are taking their typical approach of shifting players off the wage bill before bringing someone in... the danger of that though is if we dont actually have someone lined up waiting in the wings (like a normal club), we're left short.
    Surely the likes of Umerah and Hanlan are only on hundreds rather than thousands a week? Wouldn't come near covering the cost of a Prem/Champ loanee?
  • Redhenry said:

i would be happy keeping this squad together and adding a prem/champ player on loan.

Its interesting that we were rumoured to be looking @ George Miller (Middlesbrough signed him from Bury in the summer). Was looking at him the other day and he's only in the 'Boro U23 squad, surely worth sending him out for some game time!!
  • Swisdom said:

We've tried to sign the players Robinson wants and they are not available. There is very little point in us signing someone for the sake of signing someone.

Today's the day when we find out whether they are really not available. Their clubs may have been holding on to see if they get better offers and knew they don't need to rush until today unless charlton started sniffing around buying somebody else instead. Clubs with debts and insufficient income that can't be supplemented by a rich owner need to offload players when they can (i.e. the transfer window) to reduce their overheads.
    It's also possible that the player might have a strop and refuse to train, if the club prevents his "dream move" to Charlton :smile:

Well that's what seems to happen in the PL
  • Sponsored links:

• Cheltenham have signed GK Scott Flinders. Rules out a Phillips loan to them at least.

He'll be able to team up with Dijksteel.
  • Anyone making an "excuses bingo" card for when Robinson is wheeled out tonight to let us know why we failed to land a striker?
  • Anyone making an "excuses bingo" card for when Robinson is wheeled out tonight to let us know why we failed to land a striker?

Wouldnt it be great if he comes out proper Kevin Keegan style after we fail to sign Will Grigg

"And I'll tell you, honestly, I will love it if we beat them. Love it."
  • Wouldn't feel like deadline day without Yann being linked with a move.
  • Sponsored links:

• Given that nobody in their right mind signs a player without a full medical and seeing as there have been no leaks to the press about in-comings, I think its highly likely we will be left short up front again. Its a pity as we do have the makings of a side for the first time in Duchatelet's ownership that looks competitive. He still needs to fork off btw.
  • Haha, hilarious! Yann would never go to Millwall, even more so because of us and because this is his last season. :joy:
  • MrLargo said:

Anyone making an "excuses bingo" card for when Robinson is wheeled out tonight to let us know why we failed to land a striker?

- Disgusted with the way certain clubs and individuals have conducted themselves
    - We had a couple where we had offers accepted but just couldn't get it over the line
    - The squad we've got is more than capable of competing if we don't suffer any unforeseen circumstances
    - We didn't feel it was worth bringing someone in who wasn't an improvement on what we've already got
    - We'll be in a good position to do business in the January transfer window
    - I'm just going to waffle at you constantly until you fall asleep or shoot yourself or forget what I'm actually talking about
    - I can't criticise the backing I've had from the president and CEO, but it's difficult trying to do business at the end of the transfer window

Fully expecting to be suitably infuriated by whatever bullshit he decides to regurgitate on behalf of his paymasters.
    Actually hope this happens simply for the comedic tradition of the last two windows that he's done it!!
  • Apparently the Scum's transfer record is £800k for Paul Goddard, dating back to 1989. Can't see them spending that much, and thought he'd already announced this was gonna be his final season as a player.

He wouldn't go there anyway, way too much class.
  • Looking at this window, I think we could be seeing some activity, with Humpty and Big Ted available.