Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• JamesSeed said:

Redrobo said:

Have Arsenal got any players left we can borrow?

Sanchez and Ox both want to leave
    We don't need both. Not sure which is better than Novak.
    Novak moves like an ox tbf
  • Must be some loans available. where is Thomas Dreisden when you need him?

Waiting on his exclusive early released copy of FIFA 18 ;)
  • RedChaser said:

sm said:

iaitch said:

When we won League 1 with Powell we started with BWP and Hayes up front who was then replaced by Yann, what other forwards did we have/use?

Danny Haynes, Jason Euell and Leon Clarke

Leon Clarke, an absolute shocking signing. Against Powell's wishes I believe.
    Clarke really didn't get a fair crack when he was with us to be fair to him, not saying he is a world beater but seems to score goals at most clubs he played for
    You might be right but I still have flashbacks now of him coming on as a sub at the valley and running knees up to his chest going nowhere fast as he tried to chase a ball down. Either the pitch was a quagmire, which it wasn't or someone had swapped his boots for a pair of deep sea diver's, which they hadn't.

First impressions that day were that he was a donkey albeit one with goal scoring record :wink:
    I think it was widely known at the time he wasn't fully fit.
  • edited August 2017
    RedChaser said:

sm said:

iaitch said:

When we won League 1 with Powell we started with BWP and Hayes up front who was then replaced by Yann, what other forwards did we have/use?

Clarke really didn't get a fair crack when he was with us to be fair to him, not saying he is a world beater but seems to score goals at most clubs he played for
    You might be right but I still have flashbacks now of him coming on as a sub at the valley and running knees up to his chest going nowhere fast as he tried to chase a ball down. Either the pitch was a quagmire, which it wasn't or someone had swapped his boots for a pair of deep sea diver's, which they hadn't.

First impressions that day were that he was a donkey albeit one with goal scoring record :wink:
    Danny Haynes had problems, too. I recall him coming on as sub, sprinting to the action on the other side of the pitch - and pulling up sharp with another torn hamstring!

• RedChaser said:

sm said:

iaitch said:

Danny Haynes had problems, too. I recall him coming on as sub, sprinting to the action on the other side of the pitch - and pulling up sharp with another torn hamstring!

Still only 29 but.......

Out injured.
  • edited August 2017

RedChaser said:

sm said:

iaitch said:

I think it was widely known at the time he wasn't fully fit.
    Why play him then? As I said first impressions :open_mouth:
  • RedChaser said:

sm said:

iaitch said:

Still only 29 but.......

Out injured.
    Shocking that's he's now playing for Cray Wanderers. You'd have thought that he'd either be playing for a league team (as he's clearly good enough) or retired through injury.
  • edited August 2017

RedChaser said:

sm said:

iaitch said:

Still only 29 but.......

Out injured.
    Shocking that's he's now playing for Cray Wanderers. You'd have thought that he'd either be playing for a league team (as he's clearly good enough) or retired through injury.
    Sad really but at least his hamstring issues were genuine unlike a certain Mr M Bent who had his personal sniper sitting in the Upper West called into action if he didn't fancy it after 20 mins :smirk:
  • RedChaser said:

sm said:

iaitch said:

Still only 29 but.......

Out injured.
    Was good enough...
  • The fastest player I've seen in a Charlton shirt including Romedahl and Pringle. Bournemouth away he was unplayable.
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:

The fastest player I've seen in a Charlton shirt including Romedahl and Pringle. Bournemouth away he was unplayable.

Who, Novak?
    Basey
  • wmcf123 said:

JamesSeed said:

The fastest player I've seen in a Charlton shirt including Romedahl and Pringle. Bournemouth away he was unplayable.

Who, Novak?
    Basey
    Count Basey?

didn't know he played football or was still alive?
  • The fastest player I've seen in a Charlton shirt including Romedahl and Pringle. Bournemouth away he was unplayable.

oo not sure about that, Rommedahl was rapid! Wasn't it said he could do the 100m in about 10.2 seconds?

oo not sure about that, Rommedahl was rapid! Wasn't it said he could do the 100m in about 10.2 seconds?
    The man himself laughed off these claims
  • What does Cawley think?
  • Sponsored links:

• dickplumb said:

Roger Rose‏ @rogerfairtree · 3h3 hours ago

#cafc Representatives have met with #BarnetFC representatives to discuss the possible signing of Akinde, more to follow!

Fake account
  • To be fair, as a short term, Magennis understudy and cheapish option for this season to hopefully get us out of league one, Akinde's not a bad shout.
  • Yeah thats the prick who was saying that Roland's reign was ending the evening the Daily Mail first mentioned the Aussie Link.
  • Yeah thats the prick who was saying that Roland's reign was ending the evening the Daily Mail first mentioned the Aussie Link.

Why do people bother?

• sam3110 said:

There were stories that he represented Denmark as a sprinter at some level or another.
    Though I've just had a gander on Wiki and can find no mention of it?
  • sam3110 said:

There were stories that he represented Denmark as a sprinter at some level or another.
    Though I've just had a gander on Wiki and can find no mention of it?
    Maybe his parents?
  • Predictions for Charlton today then chaps? I'm thinking 1 signing being a striker but really unsure as to whether it's a young loan player or an established league 1 goalscorer.