Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Going by Karl's comments last night it looks as though we'd have to get rid of players before we can get anyone else in... Almost sounds like if we want one in then two have to go with Sarr | Konsa | Phillips | Novak all rumoured to be leaving in some form.

Question: Would people prefer the Squad left well alone or at the cost of the above four leaving, would people be happy with TWO signings if that was potentially what had to happen for any signings to be made?

I think it means that he can't get his targets in and when we don't sign anyone he will say the best bit of business we did was keeping players in (like Konsa).
  • Worrying given that it was said that if Tony Watt moved on we could then sign a striker. Now it's seemingly 2 out to allow 1 in.
  • I think it's going to be hard to get any quality players in now, especially if the club are looking to recoup more than they are willing to spend (which rules out someone like Godden unless someone is sold for probably £1m+), so I'd probably accept no new signings in if it meant no one leaves. Would be terrible at this stage to lose a Kashi, a Konsa, a Holmes or a Magennis, just as the squad we have looks tight and bonded. A squad that is unbalanced in that we need another striker, but one that is united and focused.
  • If it is the case we need more to leave before we can sign a much-needed striker then that is piss poor considering far more players have left since the end of last season than have joined. The RD dancing circus continues...
  • so basically we've made a fantastic start to the season a few more signings and we have a 90% chance of getting autos out of this awful league, and so to stop the fans from getting too happy a couple have to go, the man really is a tight decrepid wanker

and whats going to happen is we will probably "hold" on to a few to make it look like we've done well out of it.
  • cafc4life said:

We've rejected a bid for Dijksteel from Colchester apparently

Loan I assume?
  • cafc4life said:

We've rejected a bid for Dijksteel from Colchester apparently

Loan I assume?
    Both according to SLP
  • so basically we've made a fantastic start to the season a few more signings and we have a 90% chance of getting autos out of this awful league, and so to stop the fans from getting too happy a couple have to go, the man really is a tight decrepid wanker

and whats going to happen is we will probably "hold" on to a few to make it look like we've done well out of it.

Yes, wait for the story on the website on Friday morning about how we managed to hold on to X, Y & Z as the distraction for the fact we did not sign a striker.
  • Sponsored links:

• @Splodge exactly and some think this fella(roland) has changed, not a chance, even i was getting a little excited about this season that we could be onto to something the sqaud we have now will not get autos there not all going to last and some matches we wont get 20,000 shots on target for josh to convert 1, hes a great player but he cant finish his dinner and we need a clynical striker and a couple of other players, in some ways its probably not done us a favour starting so well, as roland is under the impression - if its not broke dont fix it, as we all know the man knows nothing about owning a football club, so to be expected really.

cheers roland.
  • Christ might as well give up now if we sell Dijksteel to Colchester!!
  • SDAddick said:

Christ might as well give up now if we sell Dijksteel to Colchester!!

Yeah but bid has been rejected and according to the piece it sounds like he isn't going anywhere (touch wood).
    Yeah sorry should have said "had" we decided to sell him to Colchester...

This is a kid who was linked with Everton last season so why sell him to Colchester and so pick any potential million pound transfer fee when / if he goes to some Premier League team?
  • Once again nothing changes. Roland moves the goalposts to suit him and his personal agenda and greed before what the club needs to be successful.

Not expecting any striker to come in before the deadline shuts and when an inevitable injury or suspension occurs, we will be left with untried youngsters who are not ready for the first team, to be leading the line for a promotion push.

Thanks Roland.
  • Redhenry said:

Anfernee wants more first team games. I'm sure he will probably get them this season. He also wants to play CM.

Need to keep these sort of young players who are just outside the first XI and will play as soon as someone is injured/banned. The likes of Dijksteel and Aribo will get games this season. And once they are in the team it's up to them to keep their place. Selling Dijksteel would be ridiculous.
  • Redhenry said:

Anfernee wants more first team games. I'm sure he will probably get them this season. He also wants to play CM.

Hopefully. Hopefully he won't force a move if he doesn't get them
    He has started three games now, I think, Exeter, Norwich, and Crawley. Not been in the 18 in the league yet though. Hopefully he can leap frog Crofts in the pecking order at some point.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just hope they dont get too impatient

They need to remember that they will get First-Team games here at Charlton (not just because of Roland but because we trust in our Youth) but also need to remember they need to wait because of who is ahead of them, i.e. Even Chris Solly had to wait a good while before becoming first choice RB because of Simon Francis and am sure there was someone else ahead of him in that order.
  • SDAddick said:

Redhenry said:

Hopefully. Hopefully he won't force a move if he doesn't get them
    He has started three games now, I think, Exeter, Norwich, and Crawley. Not been in the 18 in the league yet though. Hopefully he can leap frog Crofts in the pecking order at some point.
    This

They need to remember that they will get First-Team games here at Charlton (not just because of Roland but because we trust in our Youth) but also need to remember they need to wait because of who is ahead of them, i.e. Even Chris Solly had to wait a good while before becoming first choice RB because of Simon Francis and am sure there was someone else ahead of him in that order.

Jenko?

Jenko?
    And Richardson before him
  • Dazzler21 said:

Rumour at work from somebody who knows nothing... literally nothing about football today.

"I heard Charlton have got Grigg but it won't be announced until deadline day."

I wasn't involved in their conversation, but I know he doesn't support anyone and frequents different forums to get his 'facts'.

Therefore I assume it's BS.

Thanks for sharing the bullshit with us!