Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/59a5376ae687d/academy-graduate-joins-league-two-club-wycombe-wanderers-on-loan

Hope he gets regular games there, unlike at Kilmarnock.

Seems to have dropped down the reckoning ove the summer so hope this gives him a lift.

Another striker going out though

we will surely be signing someone. I know we like success in the U23's so this move suggests your mate RHF will get plenty of gametime for them.
  • Here's hoping he comes back ready to compete for a first team place.

Going by the fan reaction to Wycombe's tweet they're unimpressed - Apparently they've plenty of Strikers who can put the ball in the net and need a 'keeper / Defender, hope this doesnt mean he'll struggle like Karlan did @ Cambridge
  • not a rumour but Umurah has joined Wycombe on loan

Good move... Explains why he isnt in the Squad for us tonight!!

Really hope we're bringing someone else in now though, I know that Umerah isnt the most experienced but if we really do get into trouble with injuries we dont really have anyone other past Hackett-Fairchild now what with Hanlan injured already

Like how Wycombe announced it...

A bit OTT for a guy who has scored no first team goals...
  • edited August 2017

Here's hoping he comes back ready to compete for a first team place.

Going by the fan reaction to Wycombe's tweet they're unimpressed - Apparently they've plenty of Strikers who can put the ball in the net and need a 'keeper / Defender, hope this doesnt mean he'll struggle like Karlan did @ Cambridge
    Karlan can't put the ball in the net so it'll be a different struggle. :wink:
  • Here's hoping he comes back ready to compete for a first team place.

Maybe they'll take Philips.

Glad we never see Charlton fans moaning about signings or saying "but we need (insert other position)"
  • Does seem strange that we have allowed him to go out on loan before we have signed another striker.
  • Does seem strange that we have allowed him to go out on loan before we have signed another striker.

Yeah and then you realise that this is Charlton we're talking about and its a little less strange...
  • Sponsored links:

• Perhaps we have a striker coming in. Stranger things have happened before.
  • Acab said:

Acab said:

Acab said:

can somebody explain what meh means cause I'm a bit old you see.

expressing a lack of interest or enthusiasm
    So why meh
    Its shorter and quicker to write "meh" instead of saying... "Am sorry I have a lack of interest or enthusiasm in your post"
    Prick
    Certainly not the first nor last to ever call me that :)
  • Oggy Red said:

Redhenry said:

Josh will have to score 20+ goals if we are to get automatic promotion.

With the sheer number of chances being created this season, compared to the dearth of decent opportunities created last season - he might well get around the 20 mark. It's a numbers game: create plenty of chances and a reasonable number will get converted.

Perhaps it should also be borne in mind: nearly every 20 + goalscorer takes penalties for his team, which adds to his tally from other set pieces and open play.

Josh doesn't take penalties.

Who will be our penalty taker with Jackson no longer a regular?
  • Chrispy51 said:

Oggy Red said:

Redhenry said:

With the sheer number of chances being created this season, compared to the dearth of decent opportunities created last season - he might well get around the 20 mark. It's a numbers game: create plenty of chances and a reasonable number will get converted.

Perhaps it should also be borne in mind: nearly every 20 + goalscorer takes penalties for his team, which adds to his tally from other set pieces and open play.

Forster-Caskey took one last season yet missed (Cant remember who but wasnt it last min when we was already winning?) - Could see Holmes taking some too
  • Chrispy51 said:

Oggy Red said:

Redhenry said:

Forster-Caskey took one last season yet missed (Cant remember who but wasnt it last min when we was already winning?) - Could see Holmes taking some too
    Holmes missed at Gillingham last year. Maybe clarke?
  • Chrispy51 said:

Oggy Red said:

Redhenry said:

Chesterfield away.

Holmes and Novak missed some too as did Jackson.

Would give it to Kashi or Reeco myself but I think Holmes would be first choice when he's on the pitch
  • edited August 2017

Acab said:

Acab said:

Acab said:

So why meh
    Its shorter and quicker to write "meh" instead of saying... "Am sorry I have a lack of interest or enthusiasm in your post"
    Prick
    Meh would've been a better response surely
    Whats strange is I was asked why Meh is used and other than offering the explanation of "well its shorter and quicker to write" I dont know how that can be viewed as a prick reply.

Nor is it really a rumour that Im a prick!! ;)
  • edited August 2017
    Chrispy51 said:

Oggy Red said:

Redhenry said:

(When he plays) Ben Reeves
  • Acab said:

Acab said:

Acab said:

So why meh
    Prick
    Meh would've been a better response surely
    Whats strange is I was asked why Meh is used and other than offering the explanation of "well its shorter and quicker to write" I dont know how that can be viewed as a prick reply.

Nor is it really a rumour that Im a prick!! ;)
    Whatever
  • Sponsored links:

Coming soon on Charlton Life's Favourite Albums
  • edited August 2017
  • We're signing Graeme Dott
  • SexyDave said:

Acab said:

Acab said:

Acab said:

So why meh
    Prick
    Can anybody explain what prick means please, I'm a bit young you see
    prick
    [prik]
    Examples Word Origin
    See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
    noun
    a puncture made by a needle, thorn, or the like.
    a sharp point; prickle.
    the act of pricking:
    the prick of a needle.
    the state or sensation of being pricked.
    a sharp pain caused by or as if by being pricked; twinge.
    the pointed end of a prickspur.
    Slang: Vulgar.
    penis.
    an obnoxious or contemptible person.

verb (used with object)
    to pierce with a sharp point; puncture.
    to affect with sharp pain, as from piercing.
    to cause sharp mental pain to; sting, as with remorse, anger, etc.:
    His conscience pricked him.
    to urge on with or as if with a goad or spur:
    My duty pricks me on.
    to mark (a surface) with pricks or dots in tracing something.
    to mark or trace (something) on a surface by pricks or dots.
    to cause to stand erect or point upward (usually followed by up):
    The dog pricked his ears at the sound of the bell.

verb (used without object)
    to perform the action of piercing or puncturing something.
    to have a sensation of being pricked.
    to spur or urge a horse on; ride rapidly.
    to rise erect or point upward, as the ears of an animal (usually followed by up).
    Idioms
    kick against the pricks, to resist incontestable facts or authority; protest uselessly:
    In appealing the case again, you will just be kicking against the pricks.
    prick up one's ears, to become very alert; listen attentively:
    The reporter pricked up his ears at the prospect of a scoop.