Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• edited August 2017
    I finally got around to watching KR interview after the win at Rotherham and I am now even more convinced that we will not make any more signings before the window closes.
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3bZPlZt_kY

new video for those who havent seen it

• edited August 2017

Would like us to go for Billy Bodin at Bristol Rovers if we were looking at another winger, linked with Cardiff today though. Certainly up there with the best wingers in the league.

Why on earth would we want him, and why on earth would he come? Way too expensive for a back up and no way would he come to bench ride.
    KR has openly said we could do with another winger, he's one of the best in the league. He's available for 250k, not particularly expensive and he wouldn't necessarily be backup. He has been linked with Cardiff, Hull and Fulham today so he actually quite likely would end up being a regular for us. He's scored 5 in 6 games so far this year.

It was merely comment, I'm not demanding we sign him lol.
  • edited August 2017

I finally got around to watching KR interview after the win at Rotherham and I am now even more convinced that we will not make any more signings before the window closes.

No Novak at Crawley & Umerah sent out on loan surely means someone is coming in. We can't release Ajose, Watt, Vetokele, Umerah & it seems Novak and bring in no-one!
  • He is not a winger.
  • dickplumb said:

He is not a winger.

He could play cm and aribo on wing
  • I finally got around to watching KR interview after the win at Rotherham and I am now even more convinced that we will not make any more signings before the window closes.

No Novak at Crawley & Umerah sent out on loan surely means someone is coming in. We can't release Ajose, Watt, Vetokele, Umerah & it seems Novak and bring in no-one!
    Novak not playing because KR is scared he will get injured for Saturday, when he really needs game time, illustrates why we need another striker in. There will be other international breaks where big Mag won't be available.
  • Can't see anyone coming in.
  • I finally got around to watching KR interview after the win at Rotherham and I am now even more convinced that we will not make any more signings before the window closes.

Novak not playing because KR is scared he will get injured for Saturday, when he really needs game time, illustrates why we need another striker in. There will be other international breaks where big Mag won't be available.
    Double edged sword. Novak could have done with 60-70 mins as he's not had much game time (6 mins v Northampton & 90 v Norwich). Will have to, play at Oldham & will be undercooked imo.
  • Sponsored links:

• So in the absence of signings, rumours and even pricks, the big question is will this thread join the 1 Million Views club before the window 'slams shut' ?

Currently on 982,000.

I suspect yes and the next 18k views will see about 17.8k of disappointed visitors
  • Nothing changes. Roland out.
  • So in the absence of signings, rumours and even pricks, the big question is will this thread join the 1 Million Views club before the window 'slams shut' ?

Currently on 982,000.

I suspect yes and the next 18k views will see about 17.8k of disappointed visitors

Unfortunately, a lot of comments which are not rumours, but as long as everyone is interested, who cares
  • edited August 2017
    Jeez this thread rattles along @ some pace

So in the absence of signings, rumours and even pricks, the big question is will this thread join the 1 Million Views club before the window 'slams shut' ?

Currently on 982,000.

Cannot believe it's got that many!
    I've looked about twice.
    A) because I know it is the usual droll affair
    B )I won't have a clue who they are if we do sign someone

Whelmed

Double edged sword. Novak could have done with 60-70 mins as he's not had much game time (6 mins v Northampton & 90 v Norwich). Will have to, play at Oldham & will be undercooked imo.
    Still think Novak should have got some game time tonight, 60 minutes against Crawley might have got him a confidence boosting goal or two,and lets face it he could get injured in training tomorrow
  • Oggy Red said:

There's not been many rumours, naturally - but there's been some good banter and surprisingly decent football discussion.
    I've quite enjoyed it.

This. It's been a blast.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2017
    J BLOCK said:

Sarr (who's played very well whenever he's featured tonight) is clearly too good and on too high wages to be 4th choice CB at a L1 club

But we do need a 4th choice CB, as with sod's law if he leaves, Pearce will pick up an injury and Bauer a red card and 3 match ban
  • How long is Lennon out for?
  • Scoham said:
    Novak has to leave for us to sign a striker, WTF!? So we are only.allowed 2 senior strikers now. Vetokele, Ajose, Umerah and Watt out the door already, so we need FIVE strikers to leave to get one.

Yes we have started well but how can we go into a season seeking promotion with 2 senior strikers
    Doesn't mean Novak has to leave..... Means squad is unbalanced and we would therefore need to lose an excess player off the books elsewhere to get the striker we need. Sarr is the obvious one as mentioned
  • So who are the players KR is concerned about keeping - Konsa and Novak?
  • In circumstances where the squad has been thinned - especially in relation to the big earners - and we only have two senior strikers, it's depressing (if not surprising) that Karl Robinson is telling us that "People have to move on before I can act on anything." Maybe his comments are for the consumption of clubs from whom we're attempting to prise players, but I somehow doubt it.

After a lot of good work this summer by Robinson on a relative shoestring (especially in the context of £15million players sales in the last year), it's classic Duchatelet to leave us that bit short on the squad. Apart from Magennis' absence from our games on international call ups, there is a risk of him picking up injuries whilst on international duty (e.g. in the two games over the next week), not to mention the impact of fatigue.

Apart from Novak - whose departure looks increasingly unlikely, given the difficulty in signing one, let alone two, strikers - the only sellable asset is Konsa, who would represent a relatively cheap punt (and loan out) for a Premiership team. In circumstances where WBA are likely to get £25-30 million for the 29 year old Jonny Evans, you'd hope that even the football birdbrain Roland would recognise that this is not the time to cash in, leaving aside, for present purposes, that we're going to need Konsa and his ilk if we get back to the Championship.
  • dickplumb said:

Redrobo said:

Swisdom said:

I think around at the weekend somebody said Josh Wright is off to Nottingham Forest

Why not take the fee?
    That's what I thought.

Clearly something has happened behind the scenes.

Shame it had to happen to the Gills owner as he always seemed such a nice bloke
    I wouldn't be surprised if something happened behind the scenes.

If you're tweeting (or subtweeting) in all caps to your employer, you're probably a bit of a prick. Now Gillingham, and employers in general, aren't necessarily good actors, but still.

The attitude in the camp seems really, really good. It seems like a group that gets on really well.

Going on this and what else has been intimated about Josh Wright, I say no, a hard pass from me.
  • Acab said:

SexyDave said:

Acab said:

Acab said:

Acab said:

can somebody explain what meh means cause I'm a bit old you see.

expressing a lack of interest or enthusiasm
    So why meh
    Its shorter and quicker to write "meh" instead of saying... "Am sorry I have a lack of interest or enthusiasm in your post"
    Prick
    Can anybody explain what prick means please, I'm a bit young you see
    Well I was six when I found out what one was for so I guess you must be younger. Does your mummy know your on here.
    I don't know whether that's an admission for here or whether it should be passed onto the Historical Crimes unit...
  • edited August 2017
    Going by Karl's comments last night it looks as though we'd have to get rid of players before we can get anyone else in... Almost sounds like if we want one in then two have to go with Sarr | Konsa | Phillips | Novak all rumoured to be leaving in some form.

Question: Would people prefer the Squad left well alone or at the cost of the above four leaving, would people be happy with TWO signings if that was potentially what had to happen for any signings to be made?