Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• edited August 2017

Dazzler21 said:

Rumour at work from somebody who knows nothing... literally nothing about football today.

"I heard Charlton have got Grigg but it won't be announced until deadline day."

I wasn't involved in their conversation, but I know he doesn't support anyone and frequents different forums to get his 'facts'.

Therefore I assume it's BS.

Thanks for sharing the bullshit with us!
    Has deadline day passed? not saying he'll be proven correct!
  • If we need to get rid of someone to sign a striker, then it has to be a CB.

I agree (although Sarr is a good 4th choice CB for a League 1 club) that surely his wages are too large for that role. I don't mind if Sarr goes, would prefer it be Lennon, but as long as it's one of them 2 and not Bauer or Konsa, I would be happy.

Then at least we can sign a striker, just to provide another option. No longer particularly hopeful of a signing like Grigg, think Taylor is the best we can hope for, more realistically someone we have never heard of.
  • If we need to get rid of someone to sign a striker, then it has to be a CB.

I agree (although Sarr is a good 4th choice CB for a League 1 club) that surely his wages are too large for that role. I don't mind if Sarr goes, would prefer it be Lennon, but as long as it's one of them 2 and not Bauer or Konsa, I would be happy.

Then at least we can sign a striker, just to provide another option. No longer particularly hopeful of a signing like Grigg, think Taylor is the best we can hope for, more realistically someone we have never heard of.

Don't you come on here stating the obvious and talking sense, whatever next for goodness sake!

ps. I agree by the way :wink:
  • " we tried "

" I only want players that want to be here and are proud to play for the fans because there the only ones that matter"

"we were in for a few but they didnt get over the line"

"i will only sign players when the deal is right for the club"
    Are we preparing the Bingo Card for the Post Deadline Day shenanigans?
  • Sponsored links:

• I think we should ignore KR at the minute (or for longer!) He's going round in circles, one minute we want a GK, winger and striker, then it's just 1, then it's no one.

For the record, I think he will push for a striker and I think we will get one in.
  • Just seen Carlton Cole has been released from his Thai club, after his hugely successful time with us I'm sure this legend would be welcomed with open arms.(or perhaps flying pigs)

The only time that twot played well at the valley, is when he came on in the 89th minute for chelsea... pretty muxh dribbled from the halfway line and scored for us to.lose 0-1 !
  • shine166 said:

Just seen Carlton Cole has been released from his Thai club, after his hugely successful time with us I'm sure this legend would be welcomed with open arms.(or perhaps flying pigs)

The only time that twot played well at the valley, is when he came on in the 89th minute for chelsea... pretty muxh dribbled from the halfway line and scored for us to.lose 0-1 !
    I understand he is training with Southend.
  • "we did put a bid in for a striker, but it wasnt right at the time"

absolute shit show, its like they've shortchanged people that believed they changed quicker then ever, take a look at the table cos that's what you could of had.

i am not denying that we have a very good starting 11 in the opening matches we have looked great - but one of our strikers is an international so that's him missing a few games, as others have said josh is a v decent player but he wont get the goals.

will grigg or someone of his finish would be ideal and think we would certainly be in the mix still be a bit light but would be up there.

looking at last season this was the top 5.

billy sharp - shef utd 30
    james vaughn - bury 24
    josh morris - scunthorpe 19
    lee gregory - scum 17
    simon cox - southend 16
  • edited August 2017

Reading what Rich Cawley said after last nights game its pretty clear that no striker is coming in & not even looking at anyone as KR is quoted as saying that "everyone is happy with what we currently have"

Madness.

We let go of 3 (THREE) strikers & one on loan - at least ONE has to be replaced. How on earth can you go into a campaign with just 2 front line strikers, with back up of KAG (who is more of a winger & whose goalscoring record isn't that great) and RFH who has not started a league game EVER.

And don't go saying that Billy Clarke or Reeves can fill in.......they are not strikers. Steve Brown filled in as goal keeper (as was pretty good) but you wouldn't want to play him there for a number of games if your No 1 got injured.

Damn there goes KR's back up plan to bring back Steve Brown as back up keeper for Amos and Phillips

absolute shit show, its like they've shortchanged people that believed they changed quicker then ever, take a look at the table cos that's what you could of had.

i am not denying that we have a very good starting 11 in the opening matches we have looked great - but one of our strikers is an international so that's him missing a few games, as others have said josh is a v decent player but he wont get the goals.

will grigg or someone of his finish would be ideal and think we would certainly be in the mix still be a bit light but would be up there.

james vaughn - bury 24
    lee gregory - scum 17
    simon cox - southend 16

Well Bury came 19th last season, 1 place above the relegation spots, so having a single prolific scorer doesn't always make a difference. Indeed Bolton came second with nobody scoring more than 9 goals in the league
    that would go against the run of usual league finishing postions and would like to give us every single chance - is there anyone that actually doesnt think we need anybody?
  • Sponsored links:

james vaughn - bury 24
    lee gregory - scum 17
    simon cox - southend 16

Well Bury came 19th last season, 1 place above the relegation spots, so having a single prolific scorer doesn't always make a difference. Indeed Bolton came second with nobody scoring more than 9 goals in the league
    that would go against the run of usual league finishing postions and would like to give us every single chance - is there anyone that actually doesnt think we need anybody?
    I would be happy with a really good young loanee as 2nd or 3rd choice striker, but not somebody to come in and replace Josh. We aren't set up to play 4-4-2, with a BWP type alongside a Josh, but should get plenty of goals from the midfield
  • edited August 2017
    "We were really close, however upon faxing the FA with Will Grigg's registration details, Chris Parkes realised he had sent the delivery note from Sue's weekly Iceland food shop"
  • "We were really close to a couple, however upon faxing the FA with Will Grigg's registration details, Chris Parkes realised he had faxed the delivery note from Sue's weekly Iceland food shop"

She doesn't shop because shopping isn't free
  • edited August 2017
    say it every transfer circus "expect little get less" its Charlton ----RD and the Poodles just playing with the club
  • You need some strikers on the bench should you find yourself 1 or 2 down, need to change the game or change system sometimes. We have plan A only

james vaughn - bury 24
    lee gregory - scum 17
    simon cox - southend 16

I would be happy with a really good young loanee as 2nd or 3rd choice striker, but not somebody to come in and replace Josh. We aren't set up to play 4-4-2, with a BWP type alongside a Josh, but should get plenty of goals from the midfield
    But we need to be able to play 4-4-2 when the situation and availability of players demand it. Without that flexibility we are causing ourselves all sorts of problems with only two senior strikers.

I'm very pleased with what I've seen of Robinsons coaching so far this season but unless I see him change formation to 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 during a match to suit the sutuation then I will be concerned. At Plymouth for the last 20 minutes we were crying out for a change.

• You need some strikers on the bench should you find yourself 1 or 2 down, need to change the game or change system sometimes. We have plan A only

This is my main issue with KR, he plays good football but appears very unwilling to mix things up and attempt a plan B when things aren't working.
  • edited August 2017

"we did put a bid in for a striker, but it wasnt right at the time"

james vaughn - bury 24
    lee gregory - scum 17
    simon cox - southend 16

But we need to be able to play 4-4-2 when the situation and availability of players demand it. Without that flexibility we are causing ourselves all sorts of problems with only two senior strikers.

I'm very pleased with what I've seen of Robinsons coaching so far this season but unless I see him change formation to 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 during a match to suit the sutuation then I will be concerned. At Plymouth for the last 20 minutes we were crying out for a change.

Our bench was very thin that day, with no Novak, Croft or Reeves. With those 3 back we at least do have more options now. I think we need a better 3rd choice striker than Reeco, especially with Josh missing on Saturday, but we do have attacking options, and even more when Marshall returns