Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Josh is an excellent player at this level and perfect for our current system. Like Yann, he always seems to take a few games after injury to be 'back to his best' and in that period he still has 2 in 3. He also has a fantastic work rate and seems to demand the best from those around him. We cannot realistically sign a striker that is better than him.

I haven't seen Godden play, but I have seen Akinde play a few times in his career. He would be an excellent addition for us this season. His goal record in the lower leagues is superb and his work rate is very good. He was the only reason Barnet stayed up last year. After signing Ricky last summer I don't think we can judge a player just because they haven't done it above league 2. There aren't many lower league strikers I would want more than him coming on with 20 mins to go to try and get you a goal.
  • Josh will have to score 20+ goals if we are to get automatic promotion.
  • edited August 2017
    shirty5 said:

Redhenry said:

Josh will have to score 20+ goals if we are to get automatic promotion.

No, why does he need to!

Bolton's top league scorers last season were four different players with 9 goals each. That includes one of their centre half's.

Spread the goals around and keep it tight at the back.
    Interesting look at the goals record of Sheffield United last season with Billy Sharp the only real constant source.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016%E2%80%9317_Sheffield_United_F.C._season#Goals_record

As you say, doesnt matter where the goals from so long as it goes in the net!!
  • can somebody explain what meh means cause I'm a bit old you see.
  • Acab said:

can somebody explain what meh means cause I'm a bit old you see.

expressing a lack of interest or enthusiasm
  • Acab said:

A bit like Russell Slade then
  • Sponsored links:

• Acab said:

A bit like Russell Slade then
    I think RD might fit into the lack of interest bit too, especially when we are playing football matches.
  • Acab said:

So why meh
  • Redhenry said:

With the sheer number of chances being created this season, compared to the dearth of decent opportunities created last season - he might well get around the 20 mark. It's a numbers game: create plenty of chances and a reasonable number will get converted.

Perhaps it should also be borne in mind: nearly every 20 + goalscorer takes penalties for his team, which adds to his tally from other set pieces and open play.

Josh doesn't take penalties.

• Rumours
  • cazo said:

Rumours

There aren't any.

• shirty5 said:

Redhenry said:

No, why does he need to!

Bolton's top league scorers last season were four different players with 9 goals each. That includes one of their centre half's.

Going over old ground but we will need 70 goals to be in the playoffs. Josh scores 20 ???? We still need 50 goals spread around the team. Anything less than 20 be it through injury or otherwise and I think promotion is a non starter.

• Redhenry said:

and stay injury free in order to do that.
  • Sponsored links:

• shirty5 said:

Redhenry said:

No, why does he need to!

Going over old ground but we will need 70 goals to be in the playoffs. Josh scores 20 ???? We still need 50 goals spread around the team. Anything less than 20 be it through injury or otherwise and I think promotion is a non starter.

Holmes | Forster-Caskey to get into double figures... Reckon Bauer will get at least six this season with a few to be pitched in from Pearce, dont see many from Kashi or KAG whilst Fosu as well as Novak will struggle to get near double figures.

Solly / Dasilva to get nothing whilst would hope that Reeves and Clarke can get around eight themselves.
  • shirty5 said:

Redhenry said:

No, why does he need to!

Holmes | Forster-Caskey to get into double figures... Reckon Bauer will get at least six this season with a few to be pitched in from Pearce, dont see many from Kashi or KAG whilst Fosu as well as Novak will struggle to get near double figures.

Solly / Dasilva to get nothing whilst would hope that Reeves and Clarke can get around eight themselves.
    Not to mention, Marshall
  • Redhenry said:

and stay injury free in order to do that.
    I do not think goals from midfield is an issue this year, Holmes, Clarke, JFC etc will weigh in with a fair few, likely more than other promotion chasing midfields in this league. As other's have said a fit Mag should get 15, our main issue is whether our back up striker's have enough goals in their respective lockers to supplement injuries or dips in form.
  • Josh has four in his last six league games. It's only a small section of games, but I think he has it in his locker to get 15 plus. No reason why that shouldn't be good enough with others getting on the scoresheet as well.

Agree but we still need 3 senior strikers. If he's playing through injuries due to a lack of cover he won't be at his best.
  • edited August 2017

shirty5 said:

Redhenry said:

No, why does he need to!

Not to mention, Marshall
    Keep forgetting him along with his lil Brother: Joe Aribo who I'd hope to score one or two.

Whats frustrating is the fact that if we get another Striker it'll be great as it'll take the pressure off Magennis and Novak as we'll have another Goalscorer in the team to rely upon - At the moment the pressure is on the whole team because if they dont all work together (in terms of chipping in with goals) then we're fucked.
  • Scoham said:

Josh has four in his last six league games. It's only a small section of games, but I think he has it in his locker to get 15 plus. No reason why that shouldn't be good enough with others getting on the scoresheet as well.

Agree but we still need 3 senior strikers. If he's playing through injuries due to a lack of cover he won't be at his best.
    I agree. I think we need at least three. Just think that we can mount a serious challenge for automatic promotion with Magennis as our main man up top.