Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Martin no longer training with us
  • Just read robbos post match. We're in for a real quick striker who likes to get in behind. Who do we think this Is? Does that describe grigg?

Got to be Gary Goals.
  • really, really stupid if another striker doesn't come in by Sept 1st.

It only needs an injury to Josh & we are left with just Novak to pay up top - neither KAG or RFH are good enough at this time to fill that hole imo. Added to the fact that Novak is looking for a move & may be a bit disgruntled if he's still here & maybe wont put in the shift needed - and I'm not even going to mention if Novak is good enough to fill Big Josh's boots.........

KAG is more a wide fella, but have we seen enough of RFH to be sure?
    He's young though. Not that that always matters.

But we do need another striker anyway.
  • Swisdom said:

Devante Cole could be a bit of a modern day Darren Bent I think. He could really prosper with a step up in quality.

The risk is he's more of a Marcus bent.

His genes are certainly pretty decent ( though he is a totally different striker to his old man) and he certainly is very rapid over the ground. He'd be more of a punt than Grigg but also probably wouldn't be expecting to play every game so could be a better fit st the moment. Can also play wide.

Interesting option if we went for him however 2 weeks ago I was told Grigg was our prime target

Think he'd be a good signing. Not prolific, but a bit tricky. Has the pace to trouble teams last 10-15 minutes but also think he could play up front on his own if need arose. He's the type of player you take a punt on in this league. For third choice center forward five days before the window closes, might be worth it.

Was thinking about Jordi Hiwula, who came through the City academy at the same time and has also bounced around the lower leagues, alas is on loan at Fleetwood.
  • Swisdom said:

Devante Cole could be a bit of a modern day Darren Bent I think. He could really prosper with a step up in quality.

His genes are certainly pretty decent ( though he is a totally different striker to his old man) and he certainly is very rapid over the ground. He'd be more of a punt than Grigg but also probably wouldn't be expecting to play every game so could be a better fit st the moment. Can also play wide.

Interesting option if we went for him however 2 weeks ago I was told Grigg was our prime target

Blow getting someone like Darren Bent. Let's just sign the man himself!
  • Can't see the sense in Grigg being our main target. Why would they want to sell to a potential promotion rival? If they did it would only be for a big fee.
  • Scoham said:
    We have Crofts, move on
  • Sponsored links:

• Wright is off to Forest.
  • Scoham said:
    We have Crofts, move on
    Plus Konsa and Dijksteel. No thanks
  • wmcf123 said:

Scoham said:
    We have Crofts, move on
    Think Wright is more Aribo/JFC but agreed that we still don't need him.
  • Scoham said:
    We have Crofts, move on
    Swapping crofts for wright
  • wmcf123 said:

Scoham said:
    We have Crofts, move on
    If/when Kashi's out I hope one of them takes his place over Crofts (or Jackson).
  • edited August 2017
    We offered a record fee for Fergie I think. Might have been a British record fee I think
  • Reams keeps talking about Louis Moult of Motherwell. Tbf he looks pretty decent
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:

Reams keeps talking about Louis Moult of Motherwell. Tbf he looks pretty decent

Not a bad scoring record and doesnt want to sign a new Contract ahead of it running out next summer so they could want to cash in now.

Coming from Scotland they shouldnt demand anywhere near £1m either
  • Swisdom said:

Too foreign for us these days.
    Scoham said:

Swisdom said:

Too foreign for us these days.
    I know they're odd, but does Welsh really count as foreign?!
  • edited August 2017
    Just read a report that Robinson wants a speed merchant. Not sure what the thinking is. Change to 4-4-2 for plan be if not winning?
  • Swisdom said:

Went straight from a successful season in the Conference Premier to a successful season in the Scottish Premier League, which probably says something about the quality of Scottish football!
  • Swisdom said:

A Levis man is he?
  • Just read a report that Robinson wants a speed merchant. Not sure what the thinking is. Change to 4-4-2 for plan be if not winning?

We've had two Strikers on the pitch against Rotherham and Norwich now...