Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Now is the time to strike in the transfer market. If we can get another striker in then there is no doubt in my mind Robbo can take us up. With Marshall back in a month and Reeves on Tuesday I really think we are only a player or two away.

Definitely need to add a couple of quality players now before the window shuts. Compliment our good start and exciting squad and prepare us for a long season.

I don't think Marshall will be back until nearer the beginning to middle of October, he is still using crutches and has a lot of work still to do. Reeves is going to be another slow burner but will be worth it when he is fit, hopefully very soon.

Adding these players, plus Page and Lennon when they're eventually back, and a couple of signings to what we have, it's definitely strong enough for promotion.
  • A winger on loan until January would be useful cover, especially if Marshall's return is delayed
  • Starting attacking midfield is very good, but no doubt it still lacks depth, as shown by options on bench (only KAG). Reeves with strengthen, but I agree with Killer above, wouldn't mind an option until January. Still think Stewart is worth a short-term deal.
  • Starting attacking midfield is very good, but no doubt it still lacks depth, as shown by options on bench (only KAG). Reeves with strengthen, but I agree with Killer above, wouldn't mind an option until January. Still think Stewart is worth a short-term deal.

The attacking midfield can be covered by Aribo as well as KAG. Also, Konsa can fill if for Foster- Caskey in defensive midfield and push him up the field and he is very good in and around the box. Not sure you will get better than those two anywhere!
  • Jimmy Seed etc etc (again, sorry) had a great uk scouting network which produced some gems for the club, very cheaply. But he also had contacts in Sweden and South Africa.

I know we've lost confidence in foreign signings, but in these circumstances wouldn't it be worth a try, particularly if Tommy boy wasn't involved? You could bring one in on a 12 month contract, so if it didn't work out...

Because it seems to me we're scraping around in a pretty empty barrel at the moment.
  • JamesSeed said:

Jimmy Seed etc etc (again, sorry) had a great uk scouting network which produced some gems for the club, very cheaply. But he also had contacts in Sweden and South Africa.

I know we've lost confidence in foreign signings, but in these circumstances wouldn't it be worth a try, particularly if Tommy boy wasn't involved? You could bring one in on a 12 month contract, so if it didn't work out...

Because it seems to me we're scraping around in a pretty empty barrel at the moment.

In days gone by other managers and clubs would also help each other out more.
  • Wait and see.

Still expect a Prem loan player but we all know playing the kids is the business model.
  • Sponsored links:

• Feels like 14/15 all over again
  • edited August 2017
    Christ knows what is going on at Newport this season.

Barely survived last season... 2nd in the tale at the moment and just thumped a team who were in League One last year

Huge credit to the job that Mike Flynn is doing there
  • Would be surprised to see one or two come in, typical mind games from Robinson as usual!

As @Henry Irving said, leading towards prem loans hoping we unearth a player like Tammy Abraham etc
  • Just read robbos post match. We're in for a real quick striker who likes to get in behind. Who do we think this Is? Does that describe grigg?
  • Carl leaburn
  • Mike Small
  • Nicky Ajose?
  • Sponsored links:

• A mate of mine who follows League 1 football closely reckons we should bid for Marquis of Doncaster.

Anyone know much about him?
  • edited August 2017

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/15497789._What_do_we_need___Charlton_boss_issues_transfer_update_after_Rotherham_win/

This doesn't sound good. Using the win to deflect the glaring need for another striker.

it's absolutely bullshit, he chats too much. Magennis will be a decent job but we need cover, we all know that. He has gone round in so many circles now he is making himself look stupid. Completely unnecessary after a good win.
  • edited August 2017

Just read robbos post match. We're in for a real quick striker who likes to get in behind. Who do we think this Is? Does that describe grigg?

Devante Cole.

There's definitely options out there. I'd be v.happy with Grigg or Taylor but hope we're not banking on them becoming available. We can't go a season with 2 strikers (one of which does not want to be here).
  • A mate of mine who follows League 1 football closely reckons we should bid for Marquis of Doncaster.

Anyone know much about him?

Ex-Millwall youth player who'd done nothing in his career until last season with Doncaster, bit of a risk for me
  • Just read robbos post match. We're in for a real quick striker who likes to get in behind. Who do we think this Is? Does that describe grigg?

Devante Cole.

There's definitely options out there. I'd be v.happy with Grigg or Taylor but hope we're not banking on them becoming available. We can't go a season with 2 strikers (one of which does not want to be here).
    Played for MKD so a good shout. Big lad so will get better with age, but can't see them letting him go.
  • Oh, and love the ambition if true.

Matty Taylor I reckon!
  • Redrobo said:

Just read robbos post match. We're in for a real quick striker who likes to get in behind. Who do we think this Is? Does that describe grigg?

Devante Cole.

Played for MKD so a good shout. Big lad so will get better with age, but can't see them letting him go.
    Based on the size of club Fleetwood are I'd be surprised if they would be able to turn down a decent bid.

I read it as , that is the kind of player Robinson wants IF he were to go out and buy one ...
  • No team in our league with aspirations like us of promotion is going to sell us their 15-20 goal a season striker.

Prem or Champ fringe striker will be what comes in if anyone signs, I personally expect no one else in or out.