Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Actually, if anyone has access to Sue Parkes' website and she says at 6pm she is cooking Chris's dinner, as she did a couple of years ago, then we do not have to wait up to 11pm, to be disappointed
  • BREAKING NEWS

Its not even the date this tweet was released thats suspect... Its the 17-likes it got!!
  • A good move for Hanlan BUT it makes it imperative that we bring in another striker now, as that's 2 of our reserve forwards now out on loan until January

Out of interest who is left for the U23's now that 2 have been loaned out ? Kennedy is out for the season & both KAG & RFH are playing for the first team - or is Euell having to experiment with a new 5-5-0 system with the view of KR doing the same !!
  • A good move for Hanlan BUT it makes it imperative that we bring in another striker now, as that's 2 of our reserve forwards now out on loan until January

Out of interest who is left for the U23's now that 2 have been loaned out ? Kennedy is out for the season & both KAG & RFH are playing for the first team - or is Euell having to experiment with a new 5-5-0 system with the view of KR doing the same !!
    Louis Yamfam, who was called a winger when we signed him, and Terrique Anderson, who turned pro in the summer (but I think spent a lot of time out injured last season).

Leaves the u23s lacking options up front but I guess gives room for u18s to step up.

@dickplumb will have a better idea - which youth strikers are next in line?
  • We are very light on strikers for the U23s. Hackett- Fairchild, when he is not in the first team squad. Scoham has already mentioned Yamfam and Anderson. That is it I am afraid. The U18 strikers are not ready.
  • Update*
    Broken down lorry on Woolwich flyover approach. Expect delays - Newsshopper
  • Who will play No 9 in the Checker Trade cup
  • Sponsored links:

• dickplumb said:

We are very light on strikers for the U23s. Hackett- Fairchild, when he is not in the first team squad. Scoham has already mentioned Yamfam and Anderson. That is it I am afraid. The U18 strikers are not ready.

I would add that the U23's aren't ready to step up to the 1st team, but I doubt that will worry KM or RD. its all about "showcasing" the youngsters.
  • There's not much "showcasing" to be done if they look shit surely?!?
  • Even letting Charles-Cook go leaves our squad a little short. Two players for every position and I thought be might stay around until Marshall is back.
  • dickplumb said:
    An excellent example of professionals with good positional awareness and an ability to score...
  • Dazzler21 said:

Grigg to be confirmed. Or is he?

Who knows? Raise your hand if you know.

I don't think that that will catch on like "put your hands up for Dirk Kuyt".
  • ross1 said:

Who is this?

Regan Charles-Smith is wanted by National League outfit Woking - who are said to be closing in on a loan deal for the 20-year-old.

The midfielder spent a spell on loan last season at Solihull Moors last term and has National League experience, scoring one goal in 13 appearances for the Midlands outfit.

He joined Charlton Athletic from Arsenal in 2015 and has featured in pre-season friendlies this term and scored in Charlton's 2-1 win at Exeter City in the first round of the Carabao League Cup

KentLive

Freudulent slip, the author clearly had The Cook Deliah Smith on their mind when writing this piece.............Let's be having you! :smiley:
  • Best thing about being in California is that I have got to sleep through half the shit. Went to bed expecting nothing, woke to nothing.

Much easier.

Sounds like my Saturday nights when I was younger

• Sponsored links:

• Lewis Mcgugan released by Sheff Wednesday. Wouldn't mind him
  • Best thing about being in California is that I have got to sleep through half the shit. Went to bed expecting nothing, woke to nothing.

Much easier.

Sounds like my Saturday nights when I was younger

Don't worry, the feeling will come back again when you pass 70
  • cafc4life said:

Lewis Mcgugan released by Sheff Wednesday. Wouldn't mind him

Agreed if we were short in that position...

Was a great player and really ran the show against us a few times

Much easier.

Just realised that post is also an accurate description of being married for ten years with two kids.

Much easier.

Worst thing about living in SA is we are an hour ahead so woke up at 6 to catch Sky Sports to hear buggar all happening for us and will probably hit the sack at 12 to buggar all happening for us, but I still live in hope.
  • With their relative commands of the English language the chances of roly and FSG successfully communicating about someone called Will Grigg must be remote indeed.
    roly knows fuck all about football but even he'd understand that £1million's too much for a fat nacker like gobbinson to spend on sausage rolls.
    "...c'mon roly man, we'd get plenty outta Greggsy for a mill, cough up la y'know it makes sense..."
  • Just hope if they let Phillips on loan they have a clause they can call him back early.
  • Welly said:

Just hope if they let Phillips on loan they have a clause they can call him back early.

Only in January, if they put in the clause first