Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• @Henry Irving Whats this West Ham striker business???

Just a whisper going around
    Stop putting rumours on here Henry :smiley:
  • JamesSeed said:

Any rumours?

You're new here aren't you?
  • West Ham U23 forwards:

Toni Martínez - spent the second half of last season on loan at Oxford. 1 goal in 15.

Jaanai Gordon - spent the second half of last season on loan at Newport County. 1 goal in 10.

Joe Powell - more of a winger

Jahmal Hector-Ingram - scored 9 in 10 for their U18s last season

Sam Ford - released by Ipswich in 2016 before signing for West Ham. Spent the second half of last season on loan at Bishop's Stortford.

• Matt Taylor would have been great. Can't see the point borrowing another youngster regardless of whether it's West Ham/ a.n.other prem club.
    Would rather give reeco a go if that's the case and that's what KR seems to be saying.
  • Valley11 said:

Matt Taylor would have been great. Can't see the point borrowing another youngster regardless of whether it's West Ham/ a.n.other prem club.
    Would rather give reeco a go if that's the case and that's what KR seems to be saying.

I wouldn't have minded some of Chelsea's though, Izzy Brown, Abraham, Solanke. I realise they are now playing in the Prem, just saying I am not against signing another youngster. It can work well.
  • West Ham U23 forwards:

Toni Martínez - spent the second half of last season on loan at Oxford. 1 goal in 15.

Jaanai Gordon - spent the second half of last season on loan at Newport County. 1 goal in 10.

Sam Ford - released by Ipswich in 2016 before signing for West Ham. Spent the second half of last season on loan at Bishop's Stortford.

must be him then

• Scoham said:
    Too quick for our pretty 'one pass too many' sideways football.
    He'll be caught offside all the time.
  • cabbles said:

Lots of worrying quotes from KR there imo

"money don't make my world go round, i'm reaching out to a higher ground"

"I think there's been a rape up there"

"Slough's a big place, and then when I'm done with Slough I've got Didcott, Winersh"

"Neil makes me laugh though"

"Just assimilating, re-assimilating....."

"What's 5 out of 7 as a percentage"
    "i prefer a flan"
  • Sponsored links:

• West Ham U23 forwards:

Nonsense, you need to be looking more at the striker whose initials are AC and he has a ponytail. Passes the height test btw.
  • cafc-west said:

Can we please cut the Towell jokes. Its absorbing far too much of my time coming on here to see if the rumours have completely dried up.

I'm already questioning my sanitary with this happening!
  • colthe3rd said:

West Ham U23 forwards:

Nonsense, you need to be looking more at the striker whose initials are AC and he has a ponytail. Passes the always out injured height test btw.
    Corrected
  • No further signings will vindicate my decision not to buy a season ticket
  • cabbles said:

Lots of worrying quotes from KR there imo

"money don't make my world go round, i'm reaching out to a higher ground"

"I think there's been a rape up there"

"Slough's a big place, and then when I'm done with Slough I've got Didcott, Winersh"

"Neil makes me laugh though"

"Just assimilating, re-assimilating....."

"What's 5 out of 7 as a percentage"
    "i prefer a flan"
    "Katrien fears my methods because she doesn't understand my methods"
  • _MrDick said:

No further signings will vindicate my decision not to buy a season ticket

......and if there are more signings I will think of other reasons to justify my decision.
  • JamesSeed said:

Any rumours?

You're new here aren't you?
    Stop being so length of service-ist.
  • edited August 2017

“Reeco Hacket-Fairchild might have to make the step-up. He’s a really talented individual. He’s got great feet and tremendous awareness on where he is on the football pitch."

So nothing about his finishing ability Karl... Always nice to see the main attribute of a striker ignored.

Just like when KAG came through - no mention of finishing. (Though Karl did say something about this in pre-season with KAG... Something about always trying to find the perfect shot?)

Come on lads, prove me wrong... I dare you.

Admittedly RHF's movement and vision seemed sharp in pre-season. It'll be great to see him have some games at least.
  • _MrDick said:

It was already vindicated when they didn't sell. To think, some people had hope this year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:

If we can't sign better than Mag, then i'd rather give Reeco or KAG a go.

I think that nails it he has space to operate but if he can't get better than what he has what's the point
  • colthe3rd said:

_MrDick said:

It was already vindicated when they didn't sell. To think, some people had hope this year.
    There's always hope, no matter the circumstances.
  • colthe3rd said:

_MrDick said:

I have hope every year... I won't let the hope kill me.

It's definitely become clear that the owner and lack of resources is running this club into the ground.
  • Even in January KR said we needed a "support mechanism" for Josh Magennis. On the face of it it seems silly to leave it untill the end of August, although I appreciate there will be lots going on behind the scenes and it's never straight forward.

Just had a look at the stats for Novak and Magennis. LN is 2 years older, but has 100 career goals and has scored 10 or more in 4 different seasons (not counting the conference) and one of those was in the Championship. Compared to JM 43 career goals and 10 or more in only 2 seasons. Feel like we definitely haven't seen the best of Novak.
  • ross1 said:

Cauley Woodrow: Bristol City sign Fulham striker on loan, so could KR go back for Taylor

Hope so. Although you'd think Taylor would have other offers (maybe not back to Rovers though!)