Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• 17th august and we have got rid of 3 strikers and currently have 1 that can't hit a cows ass with a banjo, and has been confirmed that we wont be making ANY signings until next week, which means right near end of season so its the shit nobody wants going on the cheap.

learned from there mistakes - have they fuck.

will be a repeat of last season, and will keep happening until we are sold.

see some pleb on social media saying " negativity isnt wanted this season" should be reminded that charlton is situated in london not north Korea and we have a right of free speech to a certain extent, another reason to stay away from the valley is hearing goons like that probably slagging card off.

Why would that stop you from going to the Valley? I don't mind CARD, I admire the fact they want the best for the club, even if they are not everyones cup of tea. But I certainly wouldn't stay away because people slag them off, thats nonsense.
    as i said ANOTHER, the main reason being i think its hypocritical to moan about roland then go and give him season ticket money - just my opinion. last season i did get along to a few games, only paid for 2 even if its 200 quid less a season its still less money for him to not spend on making the club competitive etc.

its always been about balancing the books and always will, kr wont be here come the end of the season, he will have had enough, he is a puppet as there his employers, but deep down i think he knows that he is destined for another club, there's only so much he can do, he knows we need more players and roland wont spend, when were languishing in 15th in october no doubt some will say give him till the transfer window etc.

• One of the more disappointing things I have read this season. (2 weeks in :lol:)

• dickplumb said:

Jake Bacon

"No" - KR when asked if #cafc are close to signing a striker. Says he can't guarantee one will come in before the transfer window shuts.

Haha shock
  • 17th august and we have got rid of 3 strikers and currently have 1 that can't hit a cows ass with a banjo, and has been confirmed that we wont be making ANY signings until next week, which means right near end of season so its the shit nobody wants going on the cheap.

see some pleb on social media saying " negativity isnt wanted this season" should be reminded that charlton is situated in london not north Korea and we have a right of free speech to a certain extent, another reason to stay away from the valley is hearing goons like that probably slagging card off.

Why would that stop you from going to the Valley? I don't mind CARD, I admire the fact they want the best for the club, even if they are not everyones cup of tea. But I certainly wouldn't stay away because people slag them off, thats nonsense.
    as i said ANOTHER, the main reason being i think its hypocritical to moan about roland then go and give him season ticket money - just my opinion. last season i did get along to a few games, only paid for 2 even if its 200 quid less a season its still less money for him to not spend on making the club competitive etc.

its always been about balancing the books and always will, kr wont be here come the end of the season, he will have had enough, he is a puppet as there his employers, but deep down i think he knows that he is destined for another club, there's only so much he can do, he knows we need more players and roland wont spend, when were languishing in 15th in october no doubt some will say give him till the transfer window etc.
    I'm not disagreeing with any of that. My financial position dictates the fact I couldn't afford to go many, but I will go to a few games, mostly away. Even if I could afford to go, I wouldn't to as many as I previously have because I don't want money in the pocket of someone I dislike and someone I want to see the back of.

But I wouldn't even consider avoiding a game just because someone slagged off CARD.
  • clive said:

Richie Towell?

He was a useful striker, but the goals have dried up.
    He's had a checked past... but that can be ironed out!
  • dickplumb said:

Jake Bacon

"No" - KR when asked if #cafc are close to signing a striker. Says he can't guarantee one will come in before the transfer window shuts.

So near yet so far AGAIN.....
  • edited August 2017

Richie Towell?

Where's this come from ?

Towell would be great

Its probably just a load of old flannel, but can he soak up the pressure?

I'm not disagreeing with any of that. My financial position dictates the fact I couldn't afford to go many, but I will go to a few games, mostly away. Even if I could afford to go, I wouldn't to as many as I previously have because I don't want money in the pocket of someone I dislike and someone I want to see the back of.

But I wouldn't even consider avoiding a game just because someone slagged off CARD.
    not saying i would avoid a game just very tedious and annoying some of the shit fans come out with, cant agree with everyone i suppose.

not saying i would avoid a game just very tedious and annoying some of the shit fans come out with, cant agree with everyone i suppose.
    It's just peoples opinions. I know some still paying for a season ticket despite hating what RD is doing to the club. They won't boycott because they love going and supporting the team. I don't agree with that for reasons already been highlighted, but they are entitled to do what they want.
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc-west said:

Can we please cut the Towell jokes. Its absorbing far too much of my time coming on here to see if the rumours have completely dried up.

Agreed. Time to throw the.....errr....Towel in on this one.
  • Are we really surprised ? As soon as the results start to stutter which is more than likely , the cycle will continue of us protesting and them releasing bull shit statements
  • Would've been a decent signing that.
  • https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5995662cc373f/karl-robinson-provides-transfer-update-ahead-of-northampton-fixture

“We’re not close to concluding anything at the moment,” he said. “We’re trying and it is obvious where we need players.
  • SDAddick said:

17th august and we have got rid of 3 strikers and currently have 1 that can't hit a cows ass with a banjo, and has been confirmed that we wont be making ANY signings until next week, which means right near end of season so its the shit nobody wants going on the cheap.

That's not necessarily true. Such is the way these things work there can be domino effects whereby other clubs get in the players they want and their players become available.

This isn't the ideal position, but there are still two weeks left in the window. It seems like, with one loss, all the good that came out of pre-season and the first two matches is undone and everyone is furious and we're rubbish. It's incredibly fickle.

I think we're one player away. I don't look at Akinde (28, largely struggled above League Two) or Godden (26, 95 career appearances, never scored above League Two) are the answer. Getting your business done early is a great motto, but it's incredibly rare in the modern game because it can take a while for decent players to come available, and sometimes they want to evaluate their options (such as Reeves).

There are still two weeks left in the window. If we don't get someone over the line then, we have four months until January to rage about how awful our transfer policy is. But we can at least wait two weeks.
    I have never claimed/nor understood where we were getting this we're gonna romp the league attitude from.
  • We need other players in and not just a striker injuries happen a lot at this level as it's more physical etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2017
    "Charlton have received “loads” of enquiries for Dillon Phillips from Football League clubs.

Phillips, 22, is behind Bolton loanee Ben Amos in the Addicks pecking order and needs game-time.

And Charlton boss Karl Robinson revealed there has been interest in his number two stopper.

He told News Shopper: “We’ve had loads of enquiries for Dillon from Football League clubs.

MORE: Robinson gives worrying update on Charlton striker search

“Dillon needs to play. He will certainly be a top number one at this football club. But everyone knows he needs a full 12 months where he’s the number one.

“And being here right now, for a young goalkeeper, is a difficult place.

“We’re trying to bring someone in who’s experienced that if Ben is not doing well, he can certainly push him. That’s going to be our objective.”

Phillips’ only taste of regular first-team action came in a successful loan spell with Cheltenham, where he won promotion to League Two in the 2015/16 campaign"

To avoid the pop up/click bait hell that is now the News Shopper
  • I wish we would stop stressing out about signing Martin or similar and letting Phillips go out on loan. If we are on a restricted budget, sort the striker situation out and then see if we can do business with the keeper after.
  • Let's wait and see.

All managers play games especially around the end of the transfer window.

Still expect to see a West Ham loan striker come in

Only need to start worrying if they annouce a new phase of the training ground has begun.

????
  • More from clickbait/pop up hell

"Charlton boss Karl Robinson says he can’t guarantee the club will sign a striker before the transfer window shuts.

Josh Magennis and Lee Novak are the Addicks’ only senior forwards following Tony Watt’s departure last weekend.

And Robinson has previously spoken about the need to sign another striker.

When asked how close he was to bringing one in, he said: “No. We’re not at the moment. We’re trying to bring one in. It’s obvious where we need players.

“I can’t guarantee anything, no. I’m not going to lie to anybody. We’ve brought in a lot of strikers, Tony Watt’s been one, we spent a lot of money bringing Nicky Ajose in last summer and Lee Novak came in. But I can’t guarantee [that a striker will be signed] just yet. It’s something I’m working on.”

He added: “It’s not my fault, it’s previous things that have been done and maybe people have been left to do what they need to do and put us in this position. We’ve not really spent money in the summer, we’ve done things right.

“I’m not one for wasting money, I like to do things in the correct way and give young players a chance. You look at our squad and it’s basically made up of academy players which is a good thing for the future of this football club. I can’t promise anything but we’re working on it.

“You can bring a striker in for a minimal fee but does he really have an effect and drive the football club forward? I’m not sure. We have to have someone who is going to have an effect.”

Young Charlton striker Reeco Hackett-Fairchild made his league debut against Plymouth, coming off the bench as a late substitute.

He impressed in pre-season and looks set to be another starlet from the Addicks’ academy.

Robinson admits Hackett-Fairchild might have to make the permanent step-up to the senior team with the club’s shortage of strikers.

He added: “He might have to [make the step-up]. He’s a really talented individual. He’s got great feet and tremendous awareness on where he is on the football pitch.
    "

And yet people still sneer and mock when I mention Reeco.
  • I wish we would stop stressing out about signing Martin or similar and letting Phillips go out on loan. If we are on a restricted budget, sort the striker situation out and then see if we can do business with the keeper after.

But if something happens where we can't get another keeper over the line we're left with Maynard-Brewer and Beeney as our reserve keepers. Yes, a a loan for Phillips would be the best thing for his development right now but the club itself has to come first.
  • We need other players in and not just a striker injuries happen a lot at this level as it's more physical etc.

Where else do you think we're short?
  • Last season it was the Goalkeepers this season its the Strikers... Why the fuck are we letting players go when we dont have replacements lined up and ready to go the moment the outgoing has gone!!
  • “I can’t guarantee anything, no. I’m not going to lie to anybody. We’ve brought in a lot of strikers, Tony Watt’s been one, we spent a lot of money bringing Nicky Ajose in last summer and Lee Novak came in. But I can’t guarantee [that a striker will be signed] just yet. It’s something I’m working on.”

He added: “It’s not my fault, it’s previous things that have been done and maybe people have been left to do what they need to do and put us in this position. We’ve not really spent money in the summer, we’ve done things right.

So who and what is KR blaming then?
  • SDAddick said:

I wish we would stop stressing out about signing Martin or similar and letting Phillips go out on loan. If we are on a restricted budget, sort the striker situation out and then see if we can do business with the keeper after.

But if something happens where we can't get another keeper over the line we're left with Maynard-Brewer and Beeney as our reserve keepers. Yes, a a loan for Phillips would be the best thing for his development right now but the club itself has to come first.
    We have 2 keepers good enough to play League 1 at the minute. If we sign one and loan Phillips out, we will still have 2 keepers. Yes loaning Phillips out is the best thing for him, but the striker situation is way more urgent. You yourself said the club has to come first, so we need the striker.
  • edited August 2017

“I can’t guarantee anything, no. I’m not going to lie to anybody. We’ve brought in a lot of strikers, Tony Watt’s been one, we spent a lot of money bringing Nicky Ajose in last summer and Lee Novak came in. But I can’t guarantee [that a striker will be signed] just yet. It’s something I’m working on.”

So who and what is KR blaming then?

Excuse me for being thick but, that makes fuck all sense on the whole or in part. The only discernable thing to come from that codswallop is, "it's NOT my fault"