Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• I heard we were in for Danny Rowe of Fylde..................

;-)
  • The game was at Fylde. A long way for KR to go, so if he was there he must be serious.

Of course he wasn't there.
    I doubt he was there for one second, but didn't want to get grief from anyone saying how did I know for sure.
  • My best mate has a season ticket for maidenhead and said tubby is worth a punt. Having seen colin attached to the rumour it's definitely fake news.
  • edited August 2017
    Charlton will not sign free agent Cameron Stewart, News Shopper understands.

Stewart, 26, was on trial with the Addicks earlier this summer, and impressed in most of his games.

The winger left the club before the start of the season, with Charlton boss Karl Robinson refusing to rule out a future deal.

But News Shopper has been told that Stewart was an alternative to Ben Reeves if the MK Dons playmaker did not join the club.
  • If we are actually going in for the lad from Maidenhead as a key signing then something's wrong. But I don't think we are

Wouldn't be a key signing but would be one I'd like to see us make. More than worth a punt.
    If we've got money to risk, no problem, but this can't be our plan. Anyone here remember John Bartley. More goals than games played in his career, but only 8 in 40 for Millwall over two seasons. Went back to non-league, and back to almost a goal a game pace until he retired.
    Remember him well. Played central striker for Welling and Millwall played him wide. I believe that didn't suit him an the goals dried up. Why buy a plumber and ask him to lay bricks.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2017

If we are actually going in for the lad from Maidenhead as a key signing then something's wrong. But I don't think we are

Wouldn't be a key signing but would be one I'd like to see us make. More than worth a punt.
    If we've got money to risk, no problem, but this can't be our plan. Anyone here remember John Bartley. More goals than games played in his career, but only 8 in 40 for Millwall over two seasons. Went back to non-league, and back to almost a goal a game pace until he retired.
    Remember him well. Played central striker for Welling and Millwall played him wide. I believe that didn't suit him an the goals dried up. Why buy a plumber and ask him to lay bricks.
    Jesus these stats can't be real can they? - They look mental!! i.e. 70-goals over two seasons for Maidstone and Welling at one stage!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Bartley_(footballer)
  • ross1 said:

Stewart, 26, was on trial with the Addicks earlier this summer, and impressed in most of his games.

The winger left the club before the start of the season, with Charlton boss Karl Robinson refusing to rule out a future deal.

But News Shopper has been told that Stewart was an alternative to Ben Reeves if the MK Dons playmaker did not join the club.

Probably the right call and you got that impression at the time. But with Marshall out for a while I would be tempted to give him a deal until Jan to give us cover.

We have bigger priorities though
  • ross1 said:

Probably the right call and you got that impression at the time. But with Marshall out for a while I would be tempted to give him a deal until Jan to give us cover.

He was on trial at Oldham afterwards. I understand they turned him down as well.
  • Richard J said:

ross1 said:

He was on trial at Oldham afterwards. I understand they turned him down as well.
    Surely that has little to no bearing on us though. I don't know the strengths of their squad but wingers may not be an area the are short in.

Karl implied he certainly considered him an option even if it was only if Reeves (+1/2 others) didn't work out. As 4th choice cover until Jan he would be ideal.
  • Fans are so fickle, we'll put 4 past Northampton at the weekend and then we'll be praising the the flexibility of the 4-2-3-1 formation and the goal scoring talents of Holmes, Reeves and Fosu!

We've lost Ajose, Watt and Igor, none of them were up for it for different reasons. We have Novak and Mag fighting for one spot, unfortunately one isn't fully fit and one stupidly got himself a 3 match ban. We still have a couple of weeks to get another body in to provide further options which I'm sure we will, in the mean time just relax and enjoy the ride!

I don't object to Tom posting on his way to work but "relax enjoy the ride" ? Really?

This three year death ride into the abyss has been so traumatic and bumpy my arse hurts.
    https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjHtb-e8NvVAhUDPVAKHcRlA3gQtwIIKzAB&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqA9wLa4OZw&usg=AFQjCNG_fIPaeZLBL2KqdwM8QHIG3MjfkA
  • Richard J said:

ross1 said:

Surely that has little to no bearing on us though. I don't know the strengths of their squad but wingers may not be an area the are short in.

Karl implied he certainly considered him an option even if it was only if Reeves (+1/2 others) didn't work out. As 4th choice cover until Jan he would be ideal.
    Except that Oldham would know that before they took him on trial, presumably?
  • Fans are so fickle, we'll put 4 past Northampton at the weekend and then we'll be praising the the flexibility of the 4-2-3-1 formation and the goal scoring talents of Holmes, Reeves and Fosu!

We've lost Ajose, Watt and Igor, none of them were up for it for different reasons. We have Novak and Mag fighting for one spot, unfortunately one isn't fully fit and one stupidly got himself a 3 match ban. We still have a couple of weeks to get another body in to provide further options which I'm sure we will, in the mean time just relax and enjoy the ride!

Telling us to relax! Are you Phillip Marks?
  • If we are actually going in for the lad from Maidenhead as a key signing then something's wrong. But I don't think we are

Peterborough do ok with players signed from non league
  • Sponsored links:

• Hat trick!
  • Rotherham fan I work with says we're interested in Jonson Clark-Harris think we were looking at him other year. Refereed him on first game back from injury at Grimsby reserves end of last season scored header disallowed for offside and hit post. Didn't have a bad game.

fits the new double barrelled surname requirement
    Not a patch on Ricco Fairchild Hackett on the double barreled stakes
    Or even Reeco Hackett-Fairchild!
    Or how about Ranulf Twistleton Wickham-Fienns.
    Or even, Everard Hiscox-Long.
  • Any rumours?
  • Bogle on his way to Cardiff.
  • Sadly Omar bogle signing for cardiff
  • Anyway, back on topic.

Who thinks Adam Le Fondre would be a good signing?!

Jesus these stats can't be real can they? - They look mental!! i.e. 70-goals over two seasons for Maidstone and Welling at one stage!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Bartley_(footballer)

When he played for the mighty stones, it seemed all he did was score, score score. I have great memories of him.
  • Rotherham fan I work with says we're interested in Jonson Clark-Harris think we were looking at him other year. Refereed him on first game back from injury at Grimsby reserves end of last season scored header disallowed for offside and hit post. Didn't have a bad game.

fits the new double barrelled surname requirement
    Not a patch on Ricco Fairchild Hackett on the double barreled stakes
    Or even Reeco Hackett-Fairchild!
    Or how about Ranulf Twistleton Wickham-Fienns.
    Or even, Everard Hiscox-Long.

Anyway, back on topic.

Who thinks Adam Le Fondre would be a good signing?!

You