Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• account created this month and 199 followers so caution
    That's more like it though.
    Decent goalscorer in League 1

Actually he's half decent in that respect. Rules him completely out I suspect.

If there's any truth in it at least Robinson will know what he was signed for and how much he is on I presume ?
  • Very decent but can we get him, as he has had a big price tag in the past
  • MK Dons record signing I think, he also has featured in every game this season. Would be one hell of a signing and exactly the type of player we need. Can't see it happening though unfortunately...
  • Sage said:

MK Dons record signing I think, he also has featured in every game this season. Would be one hell of a signing and exactly the type of player we need. Can't see it happening though unfortunately...

Moved from Rotherham to Bristol City for a fee and then on to MK for a fee. Both undisclosed as far as I can see. Prior to that he was free or loan.
  • Would be very pleased with Agard, we were looking at him before we signed ajose last year. Not a chance we will get him imo.
  • Should have gone after Tom Elliott from AFC. Height, presence and goals. But sadly he's signed for Millwall...
  • Agard is not the 20 goal a season striker many have called for. He's not a particularly prolific goalscorer. But he is a very decent forward at this level. Good all around forward, can lead the line (has also played out wide), and whenever I've seen him he looks a handful.
    All that said if MKD want something like 1m+ for him...meh.
  • The post Plymouth Jason Pearce interview seems to have gone from Valley Pass.
    I believe he urged a striker signing post Plymouth, perhaps he has been deemed to be speaking out of turn, or perhaps his interview was too boring to broadcast.
  • Of the teams prompted last season, only Sheff U had a player who hit over 20 goals (Billy Sharpe). In fact only 2 players in total for the whole league managed 20 goals or more (Bury's James Vaughan was the second one) Lee Gregory was Millwall's top scorer with 17 (eight of which were penalties), and Bolton finished second despite not having a single player that even made double figures (but they did have 4 on 9 goals each).

http://www.worldfootball.net/goalgetter/eng-league-one-2016-2017/

Last season was a bit of an anomaly and there are usually more like 4 or 5 players that hit 20+ goals, but having one is not a guarantee of promotion and nor is not having one a guaranteed roadblock to promotion.

You are not allowed to make that kind of sense here. "We need a striker" is the lament of every fan for almost every team on Earth.

We are a mid-table club in the third division.

No good striker is willing to drop down to L1 from The Championship or EPL. No good striker is going to be transferred within L1. Why would they go lateral? And any good striker in L2 skips past L1 and goes straight to The Championship.

The L1 clubs with good strikers typically develop them. Not transfer them in.

Like Reeves? Marshall?
    Since when are they strikers? Also, one has a history of injuries and one is almost 30 years old. Neither have scored 20 of more even once in their life.
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

The post Plymouth Jason Pearce interview seems to have gone from Valley Pass.
    I believe he urged a striker signing post Plymouth, perhaps he has been deemed to be speaking out of turn, or perhaps his interview was too boring to broadcast.

So if you search for it, it's still there. The "Interviews" section seems to just be highlighted interviews, and things seem to rotate in and out. For example KR's pre and post-Bristol comments aren't there.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/valley-pass/video-player?widgets[stream-amg][content_id]=0_ccpz5032
  • SDAddick said:

seth plum said:

So if you search for it, it's still there. The "Interviews" section seems to just be highlighted interviews, and things seem to rotate in and out. For example KR's pre and post-Bristol comments aren't there.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/valley-pass/video-player?widgets[stream-amg][content_id]=0_ccpz5032
    Fair enough. It was the last one on the interview bit after Robinson previously.
  • seth plum said:

SDAddick said:

seth plum said:

Fair enough. It was the last one on the interview bit after Robinson previously.
    Yeah I think you may have been on the mark with the "it's too boring" bit ;).

• account created this month and 199 followers so caution
    Just chatting to a few Bristol City fans. Don't rate him - think we can do better (NB they don't know Roland).
  • Can we please stop going after Mk rejects. If Karl likes them that much he should have bloody stayed there. If they did not get Mk franchise up with Karl what makes him think they are going to do it with us.

Agree with the general point, but then some MK players are going to be good enough to go up. It's just hoping we are going for a select few and not just for players he knows for the sake of it.
  • edited August 2017
    Watt sold/got rid of
    ventokele loaned out
    Ajose loaned out

And thishaving a boogie
  • Sponsored links:

• Dave Tarpey currently netted 4 this evening.
  • iamdan said:

Dave Tarpey currently netted 4 this evening.

I'd always go for someone who knows where the goal is, no matter what division they are currently in. Once a goalscorer, always a goalscorer. Remember where Ian Wright came from........right under our noses.
  • cafc4life said:

This ain't a rumour but I've noticed tonight and on many occasion in the last year or so Dave Tarpey of Maidenhead. The guy scores goals for fun . 40+ last season and I think 6 already this . Now I know it's lower leagues etc but I'd rather we took a chance on a guy who knows where the goal is in England over some unknown or reject from abroad or kid from a prem or champ team. Think we could do worse signing him on a 2 year deal for not a lot Of money I'd guess

This 100%
  • We were linked to Tarpey in May and he was out of contract so would have been free.
  • Can we please stop going after Mk rejects. If Karl likes them that much he should have bloody stayed there. If they did not get Mk franchise up with Karl what makes him think they are going to do it with us.

Agree with the general point, but then some MK players are going to be good enough to go up. It's just hoping we are going for a select few and not just for players he knows for the sake of it.
    Agreed. I think Reeves falls into the "good enough to go up," as does Martin probably, as he was with Liverpool for a while, and as a free agent looked like he would provide good depth and experience at goalkeeper.

I'm kinda of 50/50 on Agard being of that standard. He's about a 1/4 striker. Whenever I've seen him for MKD or Bristol City he's looked like he contributes a lot more than goals, and he seems like he's the type of forward who fits the system, but it's kind of a question of much of a muchness. Plus, will MKD want stupid money for him.

Lastly. I think it's worth noting that I think it's just kind of the nature of rumors that when an MKD player is available, or when we're looking for players, the link between KR and his old players is made. I don't necessarily think there's merit to these rumors.
  • Mikhail Kennedy out for the season. Ruptured ACL
  • The new Steve Portway?