Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Wonder if BWP is feeling homesick? :wink:

I hear he's earning around £300,000 a week... There's a reason with his goalscoring record there, he hasn't returned to the UK.
    Not a chance he is on anywhere near that.
    Salary, Sponsorships and Compensation would say otherwise, especially as he's seen as the no.1 player in the MLS right now.

(Giovinco is seen as the next best player in the world of the MLS)
    I know he's done well over there, but surely Kaka is a bigger star over there than BWP?
    Kaka doesn't get near BWP in terms of goals and assists. Sure he's a bigger name, but BWP is rated as the best in the MLS right now. (They're all about goals and assists when it comes to forwards as they have seen many tricksters that can't score goals over there)

SAYING ALL OF THAT....

I have just done some research and it seems different places give different reports.
    I wasn't referring to who was the best player. Like in China and the Middle East, they are obviously going to pay the big bucks to the 'stars'. That is why the likes of Pirlo, David Villa and Kaka are going to be on a lot more money than BWP.

• edited August 2017

If he was on $600K per YEAR in 2015 (when he was still in the top bracket of goals/assists in the MLS), so circa £450K.

If he was now on £300K per WEEK (£15.6m per YEAR) that would be a wage increase of nearly 3500% in two years?

Apologies having done some more research, it turns out SWP earned
    $75k which I had heard was per week and that BWP was on 4 times that, instead it's per year... It seems I need to listen closer next time I hear something like that :lol:

He isn't suddenly on a shite ton afterall, despite having a better MLS scoring record than Thierry Henry :lol:
  • Dazzler21 said:

If he was on $600K per YEAR in 2015 (when he was still in the top bracket of goals/assists in the MLS), so circa £450K.

If he was now on £300K per WEEK (£15.6m per YEAR) that would be a wage increase of nearly 3500% in two years?

£75k which I had heard was per week and that BWP was on 4 times that, instead it's per year... It seems I need to listen closer next time I hear something like that :lol:

The article that number came from apparently was from 2015 when Bradley was around the £317k mark.

He isn't suddenly on a shite ton afterall, despite having a better MLS scoring record than Thierry Henry :lol:
    Well at least your mistake got me to do a bit of work today, don't tell the boss! :wink:
  • Dazzler21 said:

$75k which I had heard was per week and that BWP was on 4 times that, instead it's per year... It seems I need to listen closer next time I hear something like that :lol:

or just think about it, no way he would be on anything like $300k per week. But he is on a lot more than 300k a year.
  • Rotherham fan I work with says we're interested in Jonson Clark-Harris think we were looking at him other year. Refereed him on first game back from injury at Grimsby reserves end of last season scored header disallowed for offside and hit post. Didn't have a bad game.
  • Rotherham fan I work with says we're interested in Jonson Clark-Harris think we were looking at him other year. Refereed him on first game back from injury at Grimsby reserves end of last season scored header disallowed for offside and hit post. Didn't have a bad game.

23 goals in 164 professional games - sounds right up our street!
  • edited August 2017

Rotherham fan I work with says we're interested in Jonson Clark-Harris think we were looking at him other year. Refereed him on first game back from injury at Grimsby reserves end of last season scored header disallowed for offside and hit post. Didn't have a bad game.

fits the new double barrelled surname requirement
    Not a patch on Reeco Hackett Fairchild on the double barreled stakes
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks covered end just corrected myself
  • I don't know where he is playing now but I have always rated Adam Le Fondre at this level.

Bolton.
    Which would then suggest he is on wages we would not be prepared to pay.
    They did push the boat out and pay big wages to recruit the likes of Henry, Beevers & Le Fondre last season (we're led to believe that even 4th choice squad players like Amos were on good money with them too). Just shows that a bit of investment can get you out of this league. Them and Sheff United invested the most and went for it.....and they finished 1st and 2nd as a result.
    Bolton are in extreme financial difficulties so that wasn't sustainable at all.

You don't need to go out and spend millions. Robinson has built a good squad with limited funds. However, its the same as every year. We are a couple of players short and he's told he cant buy anymore and we are left short again.
    the oft quoted figure is £160 MILLION ! .. chatting to a Trotters fan last season at their place he told me that the figure is misleading to say the least .. the 'owner/chairman' had decided to 'pay' himself £10 million a year (for tax/financial reasons) and never took the money .. so the HUGE debt is in large part notional/fictional
  • what's happened to AFKA's sticky, the one that gives a brief summary of news and rumours?
  • Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Wonder if BWP is feeling homesick? :wink:

I hear he's earning around £300,000 a week... There's a reason with his goalscoring record there, he hasn't returned to the UK.
    Not a chance he is on anywhere near that.
    Salary, Sponsorships and Compensation would say otherwise, especially as he's seen as the no.1 player in the MLS right now.

(Giovinco is seen as the next best player in the world of the MLS)
    I'd say DAVID VILLA and Giovinco are a close 1-2 in terms of "biggest" players in the MLS.

That's all I have to add, just that David Villa is big in the MLS. Nothing of substance really.
  • I think Robinson had Mavididi penciled in as the striker he wanted to compete with Magennis and Novak. Now that's gone, he doesn't know what to do, especially with the rumoured budget.

I'm sure that's true but there should have been reserve options - if not then they haven't learned anything have they?</blockquote

Yeah I'm sure he had a list of one not back up plan. People talk some guff on here

• I don't know where he is playing now but I have always rated Adam Le Fondre at this level.

Bolton.
    Which would then suggest he is on wages we would not be prepared to pay.
    They did push the boat out and pay big wages to recruit the likes of Henry, Beevers & Le Fondre last season (we're led to believe that even 4th choice squad players like Amos were on good money with them too). Just shows that a bit of investment can get you out of this league. Them and Sheff United invested the most and went for it.....and they finished 1st and 2nd as a result.
    Bolton are in extreme financial difficulties so that wasn't sustainable at all.

You don't need to go out and spend millions. Robinson has built a good squad with limited funds. However, its the same as every year. We are a couple of players short and he's told he cant buy anymore and we are left short again.
    the oft quoted figure is £160 MILLION ! .. chatting to a Trotters fan last season at their place he told me that the figure is misleading to say the least .. the 'owner/chairman' had decided to 'pay' himself £10 million a year (for tax/financial reasons) and never took the money .. so the HUGE debt is in large part notional/fictional
    It's only notional/fictional if the owner writes it off. Until then it's real debt.
  • Only two games in and I know the ball almost crossed the line once but I am extremely depressed already. It really isn't going to work is it. Three bloody years . I can't take much more I tell you.. I can't take much more.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not impressed by those three tweets. I'm guessing it's rubbish.

• account created this month and 199 followers so caution
    That's more like it though.
  • It's probably a pile of BS. However would be happy with Agard.

• account created this month and 199 followers so caution
    That's more like it though.
    Decent goalscorer in League 1