Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• No surprise, I take everything he says with a pinch of salt but thought it was worth sharing.
  • The game was at Fylde. A long way for KR to go, so if he was there he must be serious.
  • The game was at Fylde. A long way for KR to go, so if he was there he must be serious.

Of course he wasn't there.

Not that far from Liverpool - perhaps he's kipping at his mum's tonite.
  • Like Benson, Dickson, Fleetwood.
    There is no rhyme or reason.

I thought Dickson was harshly treated. Not really given a chance & hardly started a game. I know we never know what goes on in training & he seemed a bit of a rough diamond but sometimes you need a striker with an "edge" and we should have persevered with him a bit longer.
  • The rumour came from a dodgy twitter account via Colin. Are we really taking it seriously?
  • Feel really sorry for Mikhail Kennedy. This would've been his most important season for us.

In other news - Holmes-Dennis Ian out for the rest of the season too after certalidge (sp) in his knee came away from the bone.
  • Sponsored links:

• If we are actually going in for the lad from Maidenhead as a key signing then something's wrong. But I don't think we are
  • If we are actually going in for the lad from Maidenhead as a key signing then something's wrong. But I don't think we are

Wouldn't be a key signing but would be one I'd like to see us make. More than worth a punt.

Wouldn't be a key signing but would be one I'd like to see us make. More than worth a punt.
    If we've got money to risk, no problem, but this can't be our plan. Anyone here remember John Bartley. More goals than games played in his career, but only 8 in 40 for Millwall over two seasons. Went back to non-league, and back to almost a goal a game pace until he retired.
  • Can we please stop going after Mk rejects. If Karl likes them that much he should have bloody stayed there. If they did not get Mk franchise up with Karl what makes him think they are going to do it with us.

What can we expect when we do not have a scouting network? Driesen aside.
  • Valley11 said:

The new Steve Portway?

Certainly one to keep an eye on.
  • Valley11 said:

The new Steve Portway?

Good one that Otto. That deserved a legitimate lol!

But you are not going to get it.
  • Rickie Lambert unattached. Worth a punt on a one year deal or is he past it at 35?

Knows league one inside out and no doubt would understand very well how to play at the top of a 4-2-3-1.

I noticed recently that he was still without a club. Even at 35 I think he would be decent at this level.
  • Can we please stop going after Mk rejects. If Karl likes them that much he should have bloody stayed there. If they did not get Mk franchise up with Karl what makes him think they are going to do it with us.

I'm pretty sure we do. Dresden didn't scout Mavididi, Fosu or Dasilva

The whole Tarpey thing has benn dreamed up on twitter based on a comment on here.

Lambert is a good shout as someone who knows the system we play and his scouseness might work for Robbo too.
    We are far too light up top though - at least 1 body is needed immediately - Grigg will do for me

• Sponsored links:

• edited August 2017
    Are Wigan not playing Grigg?

Either way there's no chance RD will pay the sort of fee they'd want for him.
  • If we are actually going in for the lad from Maidenhead as a key signing then something's wrong.

Nah, nothing wrong at all at Charlton these last three and a half years!
  • I know there has been criticism of the owners for a long time now and, probably, rightly so but with every change in manager there is a kind of 'start again' in each window.

In January Robinson said that we just missed out at the end of the window and that he was going to start on the summer signings straight away. What that does mean is that there is no justification for us not having what those making the decisions want on 1st September. So I think we have to assume that the squad will be, exactly, what RD and/or KM want it to be in a fortnight.

Ignoring injuries and suspensions (and I might have a small amount of sympathy with Marshall) there will be no hiding place if this season doesn't bring promotion - or, at least, get very close.

They have had six months to build this squad and with no change of manager and a fixed style of playing (4-2-3-1) if we fall short it will be because that is what they want to have happened. It won't be a mistake that they can learn from it will be an indication of what they want for our club and there can be no 'second chances' for them.

I know people have been saying this for months and months but there is, literally, nothing they can hide behind this time.

4231 is a hideously rigid w

Rickie Lambert unattached. Worth a punt on a one year deal or is he past it at 35?

Knows league one inside out and no doubt would understand very well how to play at the top of a 4-2-3-1.

I noticed recently that he was still without a club. Even at 35 I think he would be decent at this level.
    I think this system needs mobility. If we signed somebody like him, I'd advocate a switch to 442 ( I'd actually support this anyway). I know it's not going to happen as it would render Reeves redundant but a goal scorer alongside magennis in a 442 with a midfield of Fosu/Marshall/Clarke, Caskey, Kashi and Holmes could be very lively
  • edited August 2017

Valley11 said:

The new Steve Portway?

Being from Gravesend, Steve Portway is still the best non league striker I've ever seen. Shame his big move never materialised. Even after his injury, he was better with 1 eye than any other striker I've seen at that level with 2

You do talk some shit at times! (actually, most of the time!)

Steve Gallen is Head of Recruitment, with loads of experience and well respected within the game!

If he was at that game (Which I have serious doubts about) why would it be Tarpey he was looking at. It might have been Danny Rowe of Fylde who scored 50 plus goals for them last season.

I will give it an hour ;-)
  • shirty5 said:

The game was at Fylde. A long way for KR to go, so if he was there he must be serious.

If he was at that game (Which I have serious doubts about) why would it be Tarpey he was looking at. It might have been Danny Rowe of Fylde who scored 50 plus goals for them last season.

I will give it an hour ;-)
    Which goals are better? National League South or NAtional League North?