Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Anyway, back on topic.

Who thinks Adam Le Fondre would be a good signing?!

A few years ago we were on our way up north and got the news that our game was cancelled due to a frozen pitch. Ended up at the Don Valley Stadium watching Rotherham vs Stockport where we saw the greatest ever disallowed goal from Le Fondre. Turned his defender on the half way line and volleyed from there over the keepers head. For the life of me cannot understand why the ref blew up!

Where is he playing these days?
  • Bolton FC
  • edited August 2017
    Cameron Stewart is definitely not getting any deals with CAFC.
  • edited August 2017
    As we missed out on Osman Sow, who was on trial with us ...
    we also missed out on this lad who too was on trial a few years back!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/40917017

(http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=8562)
  • edited August 2017

Bogle on his way to Cardiff.

Average league one side or top of the championship. Tough choice. That's if we were even in for him of course.......
  • Don't think we ever were, Bogle came from someone here.
  • Bogle on his way to Cardiff.

Average league one side or top of the championship. Tough choice. That's if we were even in for him of course.......
    But he'd be more likely to get first team action as deputy to Magennis.
  • Sponsored links:

• Nadou said:
    CL height test?
  • Nadou said:
    Injured already? We will take him!
  • Richie Towell?
  • Richie Towell?

Where's this come from ?

Towell would be great

• dickplumb said:

Jake Bacon

"No" - KR when asked if #cafc are close to signing a striker. Says he can't guarantee one will come in before the transfer window shuts.

looks to me that we are firmly fishing in the 'loan' pool in which case that might not sort itself out until after the window has closed.
  • And I believed them when they said that they learnt from their mistakes & were going to get their business done early this season. No good getting Pearce & Holmes to sign longer contracts & filling the team with midfielders if you don't have a striker to finish the chances.

numpties.
  • dickplumb said:

Jake Bacon

"No" - KR when asked if #cafc are close to signing a striker. Says he can't guarantee one will come in before the transfer window shuts.

looks to me that we are firmly fishing in the 'loan' pool in which case that might not sort itself out until after the window has closed.
    how? We can't sign someone until January once the window has closed.
  • Richard Cawley‏ @RichCawleySLP
    Karl Robinson says #cafc will not be signing Barnet striker John Akinde.
  • Sponsored links:

• dickplumb said:

Jake Bacon

• And I believed them when they said that they learnt from their mistakes & were going to get their business done early this season. No good getting Pearce & Holmes to sign longer contracts & filling the team with midfielders if you don't have a striker to finish the chances.

numpties.

I almost don't believe it. So many positives this window and yet we are probably only one player away from having a real genuine shot at promotion. I don't see the point in handing out new contracts to the two you mentioned, signing the likes of Reeves and Marshall, only to leave it short yet again. They might aswell have sold them and used the likes of Bowry and KAG.

numpties.

harsh
  • If we need another keeper I wonder if Henderson might be worth a look. Jordan Smith
    dickplumb said:

Jake Bacon

Kiss goodbye to promotion in that case.
  • 17th august and we have got rid of 3 strikers and currently have 1 that can't hit a cows ass with a banjo, and has been confirmed that we wont be making ANY signings until next week, which means right near end of season so its the shit nobody wants going on the cheap.

learned from there mistakes - have they fuck.

will be a repeat of last season, and will keep happening until we are sold.

see some pleb on social media saying " negativity isnt wanted this season" should be reminded that charlton is situated in london not north Korea and we have a right of free speech to a certain extent, another reason to stay away from the valley is hearing goons like that probably slagging card off.

Why would that stop you from going to the Valley? I don't mind CARD, I admire the fact they want the best for the club, even if they are not everyones cup of tea. But I certainly wouldn't stay away because people slag them off, thats nonsense.
  • dickplumb said:

Jake Bacon

Here we go again,get ready for quotes such as "we had irons in the fire","couldn't get one over the line in time"

• clive said:

Richie Towell?

He was a useful striker, but the goals have dried up.
    have they? I thought it was the games that have dried up and its tough to score when you're not playing.