Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Has it not been said we aren't interested because his off the field attitude or problems?

Either way, I suspect he will end up in the Championship, seemingly either Bolton or Burton.
  • KR "We've not made any offers for Matt Godden. He's a very good player but we haven't made a bid. #cafc
  • Bubble said:

KR "We've not made any offers for Matt Godden. He's a very good player but we haven't made a bid. #cafc

He seems to say this a few days before we sign every player
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ7VuOfC8hM another youtube video by jimmray95 for anyone whose missed it

• CAFCsayer said:

Bubble said:

KR "We've not made any offers for Matt Godden. He's a very good player but we haven't made a bid. #cafc

He seems to say this a few days before we sign every player
    Learning fast from Katrien.
  • Has it not been said we aren't interested because his off the field attitude or problems?

Either way, I suspect he will end up in the Championship, seemingly either Bolton or Burton.

I think the attitude problems comment was about Marcus Maddison, could be wrong though

I think the attitude problems comment was about Marcus Maddison, could be wrong though
    It was though I think similar things have been said about Forrester. Just not by KR.
  • KR "We're still looking to improve the squad and a couple may move on too. We're not done yet. #cafc

Who's going then?

Konsa +1?

Does he mean permanently or on loan I wonder.
  • KR "We're still looking to improve the squad and a couple may move on too. We're not done yet. #cafc

Who's going then?

Konsa +1?

Hopefully he just means a few of the youngsters out on loan, Hanlan and Umerah maybe?

Who's going then?

Konsa +1?

Konsa permanent
    Phillips loan

Keeper, striker in
  • Sponsored links:

• Twatt out
  • edited August 2017

SDAddick said:

It may be of benefit that Ezri appears to be 3rd choice at the moment, less playing time, less interest

I don't think that's how it works for 19 year old England youth internationals. In the modern game bigger clubs buy players on potential alone. Do you think Everton care where he is in our pecking order? He's got to be seen as being 2-3 years away from being considered to play for them even if he was first choice right now.

Lookman was a first team player, and indeed one of the first on the teamsheet, I'm sure PL teams would notice that. After all most PL clubs are loaning out their 19 year olds to L1 clubs (e.g. DaSilva)
    I'm not saying they won't notice, but again I think Konsa is 2-3 years away from competing for a place in the 18 at a team like Everton, so where he is in the pecking order at a League One club (with two other decent center halves) won't matter too much. They would be buying him because he's young and English and has potential. In theory he's on of the ~20-25 best English players under 18 (that U-20 team plus some who missed out like Abraham and Izzy Brown and Joe Gomez and Kasey Palmer, etc). They're buying him because he's good and promising, not because he can't get in ahead of Jason Pearce with his experience and Patrick Bauer with his aerial ability and goals.

It's also reasonable to say that he would get into a lot of other teams in League One, and some weeks, he could very well end up starting for us. I could see him coming in to the side this weekend because, with Taylor out, Plymouth seem to have a lot of pacey winger/forwards (Grant, Jervis) who could play up front and both Pearce and Bauer are susceptible to pace.
  • For his own good Konsa should stay at Charlton and further develop his defensive skills - especially in the air. He will get his 1st team chances sooner rather than later as our centre halves tend to go down like ninepins. Mind you if Everton come back with a big offer he will be off like Billy-o!
  • To be fair there's unlikely to be a league one pair of centre backs who arn't susceptible to pace.

True and I wasn't trying to dig out Pearce or Bauer but Konsa certainly has a lot more pace than either of them.
  • SDAddick said:

To be fair there's unlikely to be a league one pair of centre backs who arn't susceptible to pace.

True and I wasn't trying to dig out Pearce or Bauer but Konsa certainly has a lot more pace than either of them.
    But not as much nous or physicality. It's swings and roundabouts.

• SDAddick said:

To be fair there's unlikely to be a league one pair of centre backs who arn't susceptible to pace.

Its not all about pace but experience and knowing where to be.

Our promotion year, many years ago I know, but Morrison and Taylor were not the quickest of defenders but had a good partnership and the experience to read situations.
  • with the exception of Yann, BWP and Stephens i don't think i'd swap any our current squad for the title winning side. Potentially Wiggins

Keepers?
  • Sponsored links:

• with the exception of Yann, BWP and Stephens i don't think i'd swap any our current squad for the title winning side. Potentially Wiggins

Solly and Jackson both better players then and would get in any team. Not a big fan of Hammer but better than Amos. Cort would get in a joint side too.
  • Yeah agreed re. solly and jackson, i meant in 2017 though

Keepers?
    Hamer, Solly of 11/12, Kermorgant, Wiggins. Morrison in the squad and BWP

Keepers?
    Hamer for Amos
    Solly then for the Solly now
    Wiggins added to Dasilva
    Morrison added to the team
    Stephens for Crofts
    Jackson then for the Jackson now
    BWP for Watt
    Yann for Novak

So...

Hamer, Phillips
    Solly
    Wiggins, Dasilva
    Morrison, Bauer, Pearce, Konsa
    Stephens, Kashi, Forster-Caskey, Jackson (2011/12), Aribo
    Holmes, Marshall, Fosu, Reeves, Clarke
    Yann, BWP, Magennis

Walked the league and then some...
  • Our current squad bears more resemblance to Parky's side that reached the play offs in our first year back down in league 1. We played with one up top that year - Deon Burton. And were it not for Nicky Bailey firing a pen into orbit - would have been deserved winners of the semi and gone to Wembley.
  • Our current squad bears more resemblance to Parky's side that reached the play offs in our first year back down in league 1. We played with one up top that year - Deon Burton. And were it not for Nicky Bailey firing a pen into orbit - would have been deserved winners of the semi and gone to Wembley.

I was thinking that on Saturday - very similar. No discernible goal scoring striker is why I have light doubts about this squad's success
  • SDAddick said:

But not as much nous or physicality. It's swings and roundabouts.

Agreed, and with @iaitch. I'm not trying to say that because Konsa has pace he is automatically better, the original point was that he's not far off from our first XI, and could well end up starting a few games against quicker opponents. Horses for courses and all that.
  • I'd go:
    Hamer
    Solly (then)
    Morro
    Pearce
    Wiggins
    Holmes
    Kashi
    Stephens
    Jackson
    Yann
    BWP